What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 season

Jane Murray

Bench
We get a few Eastern Brown's through.
Back half of the block is bush. With a dam nearby. This time of year I never go down there.

Kangaroos usually bound through once or twice a week to feed on the grass. They are worse than Sheep. They eat everything. Root and all.
Overall I don't have much trouble with the wildlife. Just have to be careful and keep around the house clear.

Where I am we had death adders, brown, and red bellied black snakes.

Hooked

Juniors
All good, just a bit of a joke.

I was in Scotland in 2015, my birth country, travelling around and the wind turbines dot the landscape everywhere you go.

It’s quite confronting to see these monstrosities damage such a beautiful landscape regardless of whether you are a believer of renewable energy or not.

I don't like them on beautiful scenic land. It is out of place and ugly. I agree with you there. I wouldn't want to live near one either.

My Dad is Scottish. From Aberdeenshire. Some very beautiful scenery over there and the Lake District in England.
He has been out here for over 50 years. He went back 10 years ago and was disappointed with all the changes. Somethings shouldn't be touched.

Kilkenny

Coach
We get a few Eastern Brown's through.
Back half of the block is bush. With a dam nearby. This time of year I never go down there.

Kangaroos usually bound through once or twice a week to feed on the grass. They are worse than Sheep. They eat everything. Root and all.
Overall I don't have much trouble with the wildlife. Just have to be careful and keep around the house clear.

Im not a fan of snakes. Lived at at Winmalee surrounded by bush for over 30 years now and while you know the snakes are around you don’t see them too often.

Surprisingly we have seen more browns and red bellies in the last two or three years than our entire time living up here. Given we were impacted big time when the 2014 fires occurred I would have thought snake populations would have been wiped out but they are back.

My wife often leaves our back door open for whatever reason and i up her for the rent. It’s your worst nightmare getting one in your house.

Bob

Juniors
All good, just a bit of a joke.

I was in Scotland in 2015, my birth country, travelling around and the wind turbines dot the landscape everywhere you go.

It’s quite confronting to see these monstrosities damage such a beautiful landscape regardless of whether you are a believer of renewable energy or not.
Up in the upper hunter they a building a wind farm at Cassilis with 272 wind turbines planned, upper hunter council and liverpool plains council are going to get around the. $ 300,000 in royalties per year, you are right they are an eyesore on great farming country,

Bob

Juniors
Im not a fan of snakes. Lived at at Winmalee surrounded by bush for over 30 years now and while you know the snakes are around you don’t see them too often.

Surprisingly we have seen more browns and red bellies in the last two or three years than our entire time living up here. Given we were impacted big time when the 2014 fires occurred I would have thought snake populations would have been wiped out but they are back.

My wife often leaves our back door open for whatever reason and i up her for the rent. It’s your worst nightmare getting one in your house.
Make sure you get rid of the browns but keep the red bellied, they eat the young browns

Kilkenny

Coach
Up in the upper hunter they a building a wind farm at Cassilis with 272 wind turbines planned, upper hunter council and liverpool plains council are going to get around the. $ 300,000 in royalties per year, you are right they are an eyesore on great farming country,

I get bagged on here enough without buying into the whole climate change renewable energy debate. I’ll keep my opinions to myself on this issue.

Kilkenny

Coach
Make sure you get rid of the browns but keep the red bellied, they eat the young browns

We had a baby brown on our front doorstep last season just before they were due to go into hibernation. I saw it chased into our front garden rockery was determined to find it and kill it, rightly or wrongly. I saw the exact bush it went into but for the life of me do you think I could find it. I leave the red bellies alone knowing your advice and the fact they eat the browns or baby browns.

Whino

Bench

I don't like them either. I had one slide pass the back door a few years ago. I was a metre away from it. From some reason I didn't let the dog out 5 minutes beforehand. I thank my lucky stars that day.
Always close the back door.

The neighbour next door had one crawling up the Kitchen window last year. Freaked out his wife. 1-5 Eastern Brown! Buried itself in the wall cavity. Got Wires in. Took over 4 hours to catch it.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't like them either. I had one slide pass the back door a few years ago. I was a metre away from it. From some reason I didn't let the dog out 5 minutes beforehand. I thank my lucky stars that day.
Always close the back door.

The neighbour next door had one crawling up the Kitchen window last year. Freaked out his wife. 1-5 Eastern Brown! Buried itself in the wall cavity. Got Wires in. Took over 4 hours to catch it.

I’m not a fan hence when my wife leaves our back door open I give it too her, for what it’s worth. She doesn’t learn still does it, she will probably do it tomorrow.

The_Frog

First Grade
Ran over a black and a brown snake a few days apart recently on my bicycle in Wianamatta park (Ropes Crossing). Heaps of the buggers in there. Both near the tail, they don't even see you coming. The brown was just a young 'un. It's a tad hair raising. They're pretty common on the M7 cycleway too.

Jane Murray

Bench
Ran over a black and a brown snake a few days apart recently on my bicycle in Wianamatta park (Ropes Crossing). Heaps of the buggers in there. Both near the tail, they don't even see you coming. The brown was just a young 'un. It's a tad hair raising. They're pretty common on the M7 cycleway too.

Just like red bellied black snakes are common near the Nepean River, that is not surprising considering they like water. I knew a few who came across them when they walked the bridge to bridge walk.

CCJohnC

Juniors
What a nice set of comments/stories for Sunday reading. Had a baby red bellied snake in my pool some yeas ago. Thought it was a stick until I tried to get it out and it moved. Got out by a professional.

hindy111

Post Whore
A new year and a normal season in 2021.
All sides will have adjusted to the 6 again rule also. Too 4 is possible but I wouldn't gaurantee it. I guess would need to build the consistency of your Storms and Roosters to go into a season confident of a top 4 spot.

maple_69

Bench
If we can wrap up the key guys in the next couple months and not have a circus about the squad being ripped up I’d be surprised if we didn’t go well. Luck with injuries can also wipe out a season from nowhere and there are plenty of players who could have second season syndrome.

I struggle to see anyone being able to handle the Luai/Kikau/Crichton/Staines edge though. That’s the Bunnies late season left edge on steroids.

roofromoz

First Grade
No Canberra away again ffs

I want to play Canberra in Canberra middle of winter and freeze my ass off, something tells me it would be a humbling experience :joy:

Did it in 2005 which was Peter Wallace's debut. It was a 2pm match but the max temp was single digits. Highlight was Presto's hot shoe shuffle evading a number of Raiders defenders to run the ball out of the in goal and back into the field of play.

Fangs

Coach
Did it in 2005 which was Peter Wallace's debut. It was a 2pm match but the max temp was single digits. Highlight was Presto's hot shoe shuffle evading a number of Raiders defenders to run the ball out of the in goal and back into the field of play.

I remember that game. Great moment from Preston Campbell.

Was that the one where Wesser got binned? Or was getting bagged hard by the crowd.