What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

possm

Coach
We were both discussing Norman.

Why have you switched to Hunt?
The arrangement that either of these players (Hunt or Norman) strikes with another Club is up to them. With Bird it seems the Broncos put in half the first year's salary and what happens after that between Bird and Saints is by agreement between us, nothing to do with the Broncos.

The Redcliffe Dolphins have plenty of cash, maybe they would like to buy these two jokers.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The arrangement that either of these players (Hunt or Norman) strikes with another Club is up to them. With Bird it seems the Broncos put in half the first year's salary and what happens after that between Bird and Saints is by agreement between us, nothing to do with the Broncos.

The Redcliffe Dolphins have plenty of cash, maybe they would like to buy these two jokers.
That’s great, but it still doesn’t answer why you believe Norman or his manager would accept $200k per season for 2 more years.

Can you help me by explaining your rationale?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I truly doubt either ofvthem would be 'looking' for another contract.

Hunt will be 31at the start of next season and a contract on big $$ until the end of the 2023 season. He aint going anywhere.

Norman will be 30 in February. He'd be 31 before the start of 2022 season. I think he knows this season is his last. Plus he has other 'interests' outside of football.

jak

Bench
‘ Charity begins at home ‘ as you have often heard over the years - so what if I would give half of it to my unemployed mate ? He is out of work after all .
would never had guessed you were such a nice guy

I hope Hook can fire up Hunt and Norman. But if they don’t perform drop them. You don’t pick someone in first grade simply because they’re on on a shit ton of money.

jak

Bench
Look at your reflection in the bathroom mirror and multiply it by :100: , not to mention my heart which is the same size as Phar Laps .
all tht above and modest as well,yet at this stage of your life still no knighthood/SAINTHOOD ?

possm

Coach
Well actually now that you have brought the subject up - I do have an old St.George jersey and seeing as my middle name just happens to be George . . .
I have a few and some I have given to my kids but my favourite one is the Penfold's. Very heavy and comfortable and sitll has my number 6 on it.

Gareth67

First Grade
I have a few and some I have given to my kids but my favourite one is the Penfold's. Very heavy and comfortable and sitll has my number 6 on it.

We are straying of the thread subject , however it is only about pokey Corey so I suppose that they may not mind too much .

I actually had a jersey from 1968 , but have lost the damn thing in my move down South .

I have turned everything inside and out a dozen times but in all of the problems associated in selling the house , solicitors , real estate agents ( all of whom had a gleam in their eye when the word money was mentioned ) - packing well over half a century of bric-brac and the flaming cat and finally the move itself , I discover that I have simply lost it .

Shame as it represented many memories.

Last edited:

jak

Bench
Well actually now that you have brought the subject up - I do have an old St.George jersey and seeing as my middle name just happens to be George . . .
i don't think it works that way mate,mybe mary can put in a good word for you.

rasaint

Juniors
Through all the gloom of Cory Norman’s disappointing form for us;

He was very good in his early Parramatta stink. He read the game well and his short kicking game was up with the best.

If he were to fire at 80% of that Parramatta form knowing this is his last season on top $$$ we may go well.

getsmarty

Immortal

He was very good in his early Parramatta stink. He read the game well and his short kicking game was up with the best.

If he were to fire at 80% of that Parramatta form knowing this is his last season on top $$$ we may go well.

He has continued stinking up the joint...sorry Couldn't help myself....LOL

TruSaint

Referee

I agree with the message here, but one thing he lacks for me is desire.

At his age now, that cant be developed. He is skillful, can ge a game breaker, but since joining us he has been pedestrian at best.

One thing I hate is seeing players smile after copping a flogging.

What they do behind the scenes I don't care. Onfield he seems like he's going through the motions.

possm

Coach
Well now it is up to Griffin and his staff to fire Norman up. If this does not happen, then it is reserve grade until it does.

Gareth67

First Grade
I agree with the message here, but one thing he lacks for me is desire.

At his age now, that cant be developed. He is skillful, can ge a game breaker, but since joining us he has been pedestrian at best.

One thing I hate is seeing players smile after copping a flogging.

What they do behind the scenes I don't care. Onfield he seems like he's going through the motions.

You have hit the nail on the head TruSaint - desire . Griffin has already said that he is only after players who wish to be at the Dragons will be considered in regards to recruitment .

So I dare say the same would apply to any current team member who is not totally committed to performing at their best .

C.C.C.N. = Corey Canterbury Cup Norman ?

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
One year to go on his current contract.

He’ll be giving it a red hot crack for a new contract somewhere and no doubt his Manager has started talking to suitors.

Hope the Dragons benefit from this next year.

I do hope you are right ALSGI , I hope he proves me wrong and has a whale of a season both for himself and the Dragons .

Latest posts