What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: Australia v India at SCG Nov 29 2020

Bazal

Post Whore
I reckon it’s what’s been the biggest leg-up to India. Naturally smaller by build than other nations but can all now hit it a mile with these tree trunks.

Firstly, Kohli is more ripped than any of the Aussie side soooooooo nah.

But you have touched on a major difference that making these blokes bat with shit sticks won't change....fitness regime back in the 70s or 80s was basically a half hour net at 25% application and then off to the pub. These blokes are just fitter, stronger, more practiced and just better. At least in terms of white ball cricket.

Firstly, Kohli is more ripped than any of the Aussie side soooooooo nah.

But you have touched on a major difference that making these blokes bat with shit sticks won't change....fitness regime back in the 70s or 80s was basically a half hour net at 25% application and then off to the pub. These blokes are just fitter, stronger, more practiced and just better. At least in terms of white ball cricket.

I didn’t say anything about being ripped, they are generally smaller... guys like Rahane are tiny by comparison to most others but can still launch 6’s like shelling peas. They can all time the ball brilliantly, the bigger bats help them get the power they’d never have in the past.

Front-Rower

First Grade
The 99 WC tie vs the Saffa's, we were defending about 213 from memory. Still the best i've seen.
Both games against SA in that World Cup were fantastic.

The ‘96 semi final against the West Indies where we won the un-winnable was something special as well.

edit - in that ‘96 semi final Richie Richardson (I’m sure it was him) hitting the square leg umpire in the head with that pull shot probably won us the game. It saved 4 runs

Bazal

Post Whore
Those small score games were cool, but SA chasing a million against us well before high-300 scores were considered normal was probably the best I've ever seen.

Latest posts