What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: Australia v India at SCG Nov 29 2020

Hutty1986

Immortal
Do we let dogshit Starc bowl his 10th? He has been absolutely destroyed, again and looks clueless

undertaker

Coach
Although not as bad as Friday, the over rates in this match have been unacceptable YET again. Match finished at 10:47pm, which is 22 minutes earlier than the 11:09pm finish two days ago, but still 37 minutes over-time.

If the ICC had any balls, they really need to start handing down heavier punishments, such as suspensions and fines of the entire match fee.

Quite funny that in the 49th over and with the clock approaching 11pm, all of a sudden, Zampa and Maxwell try to hurry through their overs.

Eelectrica

Referee
With the ODI series in the bag I'd give someone else a crack.

Maybe bring Green in, open with Lab. Who ever we bring in ito replace Warner isn't going to strike like he has.

Also Abbot in for Starc unless they want to give Cummins or Hazlewood a break

undertaker

Coach
Scoring 390 and only winning by 50 odd.

Welcome to ODI cricket in 2020.

I honestly can't see how both teams regularly scoring 300+ in an ODI is good for the game, other than inflating the batting averages of flat-track bullies that have been idolized around the world over the past decade. I don't see how this is helping batsmen develop their technique when most of them struggle the moment the pitch or weather conditions offers even the slightest bit of movement for the bowlers.

Despite the ropes being much further in than 15-20 years ago (that's a whole another issue I've crapped on about in the past), the surface area of the SCG is still larger than most international grounds around the world, and yet against 2 of the best fast bowlers and one of the best leg spinners in the world, nearly 400 was scored in consecutive ODIs. Not a good endorsement to get youngsters to take up bowling when ODIs have become nothing more than a longer form of T20, where it has become "Wicket, 4, 6, wicket, 4, 6 etc." The art of building an innings and other tactics have disappeared in exchange for a power-hitting contest.

ICC really needs to go back to one ball used throughout the entire 50 over innings (bringing spinners back into the contest, as well as reverse swing in the last 10 overs), as well as slightly juicing up the pitch to offer more for the bowlers.

Scores in the 200-280 range (especially sub-250) are a more even contest between bat and ball.

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
Kohli really misses Dhoni, not for his batting but in the field controlling the middle overs, he used to give Kohli the freedom to go to the boundary.

undertaker

Coach
Kohli really misses Dhoni, not for his batting but in the field controlling the middle overs, he used to give Kohli the freedom to go to the boundary.

Dhoni's batting was the difference between the two sides in the last ODI series India played in Australia two summers ago.

typicalfan

Coach
Dhoni's batting was the difference between the two sides in the last ODI series India played in Australia two summers ago.
India in the field were much more sharp in the previous series and even in the World Cup than these games, to me that's the main difference because they are still scoring runs.

Kohli had Dhoni to handle the middle overs and now he doesn't. It's a noticeable difference.