What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

emjaycee

Coach
I would hope not - that sort of behaviour from the club would disappoint me enormously.

If you don't want Blake around, just man up, and tell him he's not needed any more - don't play these games, imo.
Isnt that exactly what they did about 10 days ago?

emjaycee

Coach
So is anyone else wondering why the cops tapped Haynes phone weeks after (no offence to the victim) a relatively minor sexual assault alleged incident?
They tapped his phone within 4 days of the alleged victim lodging a complaint as part of their investigative process before charging him.
It is how they gather evidence or something... that's right , it's called police work.
:p

84 Baby

Referee
They tapped his phone within 4 days of the alleged victim lodging a complaint as part of their investigative process before charging him.
It is how they gather evidence or something... that's right , it's called police work.
:p
As a person who is clearly of a different mindset to Hayne/Piss, a tap for this seems unnecessary and speculative. But perhaps the cops have better experience with footballers.
But I’m suspecting that, that phone tapping speculation may have paid off more than an inane conversation

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As a person who is clearly of a different mindset to Hayne/Piss, a tap for this seems unnecessary and speculative. But perhaps the cops have better experience with footballers.
But I’m suspecting that, that phone tapping speculation may have paid off more than an inane conversation
What are they expecting to hear from this though? "Bro she was all like 'No I dont wanna root' and I was like 'Yeah nah we gunna f**k whether you like it or not bro' and she was like 'I dont consent to this cuz' and I was like 'Whatevs bro its gunna happen'"

Short of an actual confession what could they possibly get on him? I reckon in close to 100% of date rape cases the dude convinced himself it was consensual. Therefore he's not a reliable witness. Why tap his phone?

84 Baby

Referee
What are they expecting to hear from this though? "Bro she was all like 'No I dont wanna root' and I was like 'Yeah nah we gunna f**k whether you like it or not bro' and she was like 'I dont consent to this cuz' and I was like 'Whatevs bro its gunna happen'"

Short of an actual confession what could they possibly get on him? I reckon in close to 100% of date rape cases the dude convinced himself it was consensual. Therefore he's not a reliable witness. Why tap his phone?
First part - exactly. The most likely benefit they get is making him look like a shit merkin. That seems a bit overkill.
Second part - FFS... can anyone think of any other benefit the cops might get from tapping his phone?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well that was my point too. I doubt they would've been tapping Hayne's phone hoping for a sexual assault confession. Clearly the tap was for something else and the Pearce conversation was incidental.

emjaycee

Coach
Well that was my point too. I doubt they would've been tapping Hayne's phone hoping for a sexual assault confession. Clearly the tap was for something else and the Pearce conversation was incidental.
Or perhaps Pearce was the target of the phone tapping?