What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

So did I, the last thing I got from the whole thing was that he was a selfish person.

I did feel sad for that 3 year old, he’ll never be able to enjoy the game his father is putting so much pressure on him at such a young age.

When it's the integrity of Shane Warne & Steve Waugh up against each other - there's only ever gonna be one winner.

A lot of that doco took me back to a tour I did with my team to India (& Nepal) many years ago. That field in Mumbai which has all those games going on - it's mindboggling to see. I wouldn't be embellishing (possibly under-estimating) that there were over 50 games of cricket going on across the field when I saw it.

The strangle-hold that India has at governance level in World cricket these days gets criticised for many things. However to see a country that size (the 2nd biggest population in the world), where cricket is overwhelmingly present everywhere you go... It absolutely dwarfs Australian (or English) Cricket - it would be like comparing Soccer in South America or Europe to Soccer in Australia. I hate to say it but the BCCI is rightly the biggest powerbroker in cricket - for what their country brings to the sport.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When it's the integrity of Shane Warne & Steve Waugh up against each other - there's only ever gonna be one winner.

A lot of that doco took me back to a tour I did with my team to India (& Nepal) many years ago. That field in Mumbai which has all those games going on - it's mindboggling to see. I wouldn't be embellishing (possibly under-estimating) that there were over 50 games of cricket going on across the field when I saw it.

The strangle-hold that India has at governance level in World cricket these days gets criticised for many things. However to see a country that size (the 2nd biggest population in the world), where cricket is overwhelmingly present everywhere you go... It absolutely dwarfs Australian (or English) Cricket - it would be like comparing Soccer in South America or Europe to Soccer in Australia. I hate to say it but the BCCI is rightly the biggest powerbroker in cricket - for what their country brings to the sport.
I read somewhere they bring in about 90% of the money made in crickets which is mind boggling when you think about it.

I read somewhere they bring in about 90% of the money made in crickets which is mind boggling when you think about it.

It is mate. And I'm not surprised.

For all the aspects of humanity that India has - I absolutely loved the place. I can see why Waugh etc considered landing in India like landing on another planet. Sure, it's not for everyone, but for me it was the experience of a lifetime.

This was my inspiration for the Siddle Magnificent thread :sunglasses:

10 years eh, the old dog still kicking...

Member that hat trick like yesterday, great commentary by tubby, spoilt by Warne, ruined by Nicolas

thumb_when-youre-about-to-have-a-foursome-but-you-cant-34863106.png

I just listened to an interview with Greg Chappell on the grade cricketer podcast. Gotta say it's one of the best interviews i've heard in a long long time.

Many people have their opinions on Greg (and Ian of course) but I couldn't have been more impressed and enthrawled. Lots covered but the insight into the "youth policy" which we was part of (but critically labelled with) was absolutely intriguing.

While Ive gone "off" the grade cricketer podcast in recent times - this was a must. Highly recommend it to all you cricket nuffies like me.

roofromoz

First Grade
FFS. Just found out that Chappelli is joining the ABC Grandstand coverage for this summer.... I knew channel 7 seizing the TV rights would have repercussions eventually.... I'll now be muting TV and radio!

I wonder what the ABC charter says about excessive Les Favell and Jon Snow references?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Pukovski looked so dejected when he got out, fair shot too but straight to point

thought he was never going to walk off

jargan83

Coach
Just watched the Pucovski wicket, I'd probably look dejected too getting out like that when averaging 4 million for the season as an opener.