What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JAC

BrotherJim05

Bench
I posted this on the other thread, but I'm still not convinced we are out of the race for JAC. He wanted out of Melbourne for 2021 but now that is not happening he doesn't need to rush - time is on his side to find the best contract possible.

As fkn annoying as it is, I applaud the Tigers for not jumping the gun and offering a huge contract to a winger. JAC is one of the best in NRL, but he is completely unproven at fullback. Can you really justify paying $750k a year to the best winger in NRL with a chance he will make it at FB, when you can pay a fraction of that to an up and coming Rookie who specializes in that position (Laurie)?

I think the incentive-based contract was a fair go, and if there was ever a time to try it, it was now. If we miss out on JAC it will suck but I don't blame Tigers management for the situation

Tiger05

First Grade
We should try and sign him. He is one of the best outside backs in the comp. We should also only sign him to a contract that suits us. If we don't get him it's cool.

I think the incentive based contract was a great idea.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Addo-Carr appeared in a relaxed mood when arriving at Bulldogs headquarters with his manager, Mario Tartak.

That's the first time I've seen a picture of Tartak and he looks exactly like I expected, like a someone rounded up every stereotype and caricature of a sleazy used car salesman, combined them all and then squeezed the resulting turd into a Tarocash shirt, slapping a pair of the most garish Elvis impersonator sunglasses onto what passes for it's head just for good measure.

WA Tiger

Bench
..maybe sneaked through a hole in the fence at 05:00 after a night out to have a look around ...no one else around except the cleaner with a camera

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I think the incentive-based contract was a fair go, and if there was ever a time to try it, it was now. If we miss out on JAC it will suck but I don't blame Tigers management for the situation
As long as WT were pretty clear about what the outcome would be and as long as as soon as JAC said he’d like to come back, the WT didn’t put their blinkers on and treated him like a bum in need of a job just to prove we are now a proud club unlike the Titans who just did what was necessary to kick start a new era with Fifita ...If I was the best in town at my job and offered less than half of what other “bests” have been offered recently and promised this and that if this and that happens yea not something I’d jump at ...And then (cringe) if we up our offer later
It’s not just the player and how good he is it’s also others wanting to come here coz he’s here The knock on effect ..The only player we’ve got for the knock on effect now is Mbye
Laurie as a back up will obviously soften the blow if he’s any good

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Even if JAC didn’t work out at fullback it wouldn’t matter ..
Wings Nofo/ JAC
Centres Joey L/Roberts
Fullback This year Who cares
Next year Laurie
Kepa/ Talau /Mbye / Cini floating

There’s not a lot of chance of having a bad day imo
We need to have Nofo excited about resigning after next year as well

Choiboi

Juniors
That's the first time I've seen a picture of Tartak and he looks exactly like I expected, like a someone rounded up every stereotype and caricature of a sleazy used car salesman, combined them all and then squeezed the resulting turd into a Tarocash shirt, slapping a pair of the most garish Elvis impersonator sunglasses onto what passes for it's head just for good measure.

Oh I thought he was a bulldogs fan :sweat_smile:

Bulldogs seem to be throwing a lot of money around in the player market, as for JAC you can’t blame him for looking around at the other offers that may come his way , I’m not overly confident he will end up at the WT having .

Tigerm

First Grade
Bulldogs seem to be throwing a lot of money around in the player market, as for JAC you can’t blame him for looking around at the other offers that may come his way , I’m not overly confident he will end up at the WT having .
Yes, we seem to have an upper limit value of players and won’t go over it, I think our limit is not going to be as high as some of the others, but so be it.
He would be a great get, but TBH I am over players thinking their value is $1m

WA Tiger

Bench
JAC only wants what Brooks is on - at least Mbye, Reynolds, Packer have some idea of their responsibilities in their position

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Yes, we seem to have an upper limit value of players and won’t go over it, I think our limit is not going to be as high as some of the others, but so be it.
He would be a great get, but TBH I am over players thinking their value is $1m

There's very few players in the comp right now worth $1m. Teddy comes to mind, but no one else really stands out.

I'm more worried about Nofoaluma moving on now.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I think Nofa is just playing the contract waltz but will re sign. Would be too big a blow to our morale if they let him slip

WA Tiger

Bench
Nofo: He’s always been here and he always will be right? Wrong ...Nofo is sitting on a gold mine weather he plays SOO or not..We saw the lack of logic in Freddie’s selections so that will have no bearing on his worth..Id rate him 1 or 2 for wingers currently.... With Nofo WT need to wake up..The problem with our allotment of $$ for potential signings and resignings in the past hasn’t been about paying good players too much so we have to pull back on that side of things. It’s been about us paying Brooks (No need to explain) and AD - still unproven at 6 regardless of what u say - money that was “hope he will be good” money more than anything ...I’m thinking $5-600k for those 2
(If AD doesn’t crack 6 then where to, fullback? No... Centre? Not any more)
The other over paid players were Chins fault but that craziness has carried over to Madges tenure hence the over correcting we are seeing with losing JAC (looks like) and god knows who else moving forward..Nofo will leave if we don’t start looking at what players are worth to WT instead of just putting them into a maths equation with the one variable considered being the position they play..

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Nofo: He’s always been here and he always will be right? Wrong ...Nofo is sitting on a gold mine weather he plays SOO or not..We saw the lack of logic in Freddie’s selections so that will have no bearing on his worth..Id rate him 1 or 2 for wingers currently.... With Nofo WT need to wake up..The problem with our allotment of $$ for potential signings and resignings in the past hasn’t been about paying good players too much so we have to pull back on that side of things It’s been about us paying Brooks (No need to explain) and AD still unproven at 6 regardless of what u say. Money that was “hope he will be good” money more than anything ...I’m thinking $5-600k
(If AD doesn’t crack 6 then where to fullback? No... Centre? Not any more)
The other over paid players were Chins fault but that craziness has carried over to Madges tenure. Hence the over correcting we are seeing with losing JAC (looks like) and god knows who else moving forward..Nofo will leave if we don’t start looking at what players are worth to WT instead of just putting them into a maths equation with the one variable considered being the position they play..
I understand Nofo has a contract on the table for somewhere around $400-450k, Which is pretty good money for a winger that hasn't gone further. I think that is around what JAC is currently on?

I like Nofo, but he defensive flaws are a problem that he doesn't seem able to fix.

I don't think he will go anywhere but I also think that the club wouldn't be offering anymore than there original offer. They appear to have a new valuation system on a players worth and wont move up, great for the club, but not for players looking for a big payday.

WA Tiger

Bench
I understand Nofo has a contract on the table for somewhere around $400-450k, Which is pretty good money for a winger that hasn't gone further. I think that is around what JAC is currently on?

I like Nofo, but he defensive flaws are a problem that he doesn't seem able to fix.

I don't think he will go anywhere but I also think that the club wouldn't be offering anymore than there original offer. They appear to have a new valuation system on a players worth and wont move up, great for the club, but not for players looking for a big payday.
I guessed about $450k At least WT have a year to reconsider...With Nofo the advantage we have is he wants to stay so the price he wants could likely be negotiated down somewhat..the extra cost of luring a gun as good as Nofo to WT “the destination club”? needs to be considered when arriving at a figure or it will be Talau and Kepa long term which means we save money but significantly decreases our chance of improving our position on the table...I’d tuck him in now if possible to avoid the distraction and offer counter offer next year which would hike the price up even more, or try him at fullback if Laurie doesn’t come next year..Not sure if our creativity extends that far tho..

Last edited:

Shredder

Juniors
With nofo, perhaps his interest in moving on is playing origin?
Maybe someone has been in his ear about if he played somewhere else he would have been a shoe in?

I think if its money, he will stay. We would be crazy to let him go, but again, hes a winger and wingers wont ever be $1mln players under the current salary cap.

Nofo is sitting on a gold mine weather he plays SOO or not..We saw the lack of logic in Freddie’s selections so that will have no bearing on his worth..Id rate him 1 or 2 for wingers currently....
I get the love for Nofo as he is a Tiger, wants to remain a Tiger and has done well with his try scoring ability. Now think back to how much we have bagged him for his defensive efforts over the years.

SOO player, never. Even next year if Fittler picks centres to play in the centre, Turbo Tom will be picked on the wing with JAC on the other. Tupou will be 3rd in line followed by Cotric, so I wouldn't be paying him SOO money because he hasn't and won't play SOO.

Latest posts