What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith is the greatest rugby league player ever.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I'm just going to leave this here...

a7d27ef6bb4c69aefa53784978ee6d45

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/fe90b6b80d5271fac193a37aac7e72b0

tenor.gif

blue bags

First Grade

Sam Goodwin

·Sports Editor
16 November 2020·3-min read
Yvonne Sampson breaks silence on Cameron Smith affair rumour

5d3ce0a0-2780-11eb-97df-5a3627699d12

Yvonne Sampson has addressed rumours about Cameron Smith. Image: Getty
Yvonne Sampson has broken her silence on salacious rumours of an affair with NRL champion Cameron Smith.

The false rumours have been swirling since 2018, however Smith and Fox Sports host Sampson refused to address them for nearly three years in the hope they would go away.

‘NO WAY’: Cameron Smith's huge hint on NRL future

UPDATE: Truth about 'disgusting' Last Post drama at Origin

However Smith has opened up on the saga in his new autobiography, describing the toll the nasty rumours took on his marriage.

“Honestly, if I was going to have an affair – which I never would – why would I do it with someone with a profile as big as hers? And in my own sport?” Smith wrote in an excerpt of the new book.

“It was just cruel… rumours that were completely untrue. When I told (wife) Barb she was shattered. It floored her.

“I could handle it but I was concerned for her and Yvonne, who had been around our game for a long time and we all know how well-respected she is.

“She (Yvonne) was just about to get married and it was just so sad. The first time I did an interview with her after it I felt for her.”

On Sunday, Sampson also broke her silence to slam the “malicious” rumours.

“My husband and I were made aware of these absurd and baseless rumours when they surfaced three years ago,” Sampson told News Corp.

“They are utterly false. This malicious gossip has no bearing on my life, career as a journalist or love of rugby league.’’

Sampson, who married Channel Nine reporter Chris O’Keefe in October 2018, said she reached out to Smith’s wife Barbara when the rumours first started circulating.

Smith also revealed how he was offered the chance to address the rumours on a Fox Sports program in 2018, but declined as to not give them any more oxygen.

b748a2a0-2780-11eb-befe-7b8d7113ffd6

Yvonne Sampson at the Logie Awards in 2016. (Photo by Robert Cianflone/Getty Images)
Smith opens up on NRL gift controversy
In the tell-all book, Smith also opens up about the nasty controversy surrounding the expensive gifts given to him and his wife by then NRL CEO Todd Greenberg ahead of his 400th game.
Fans erupted after it was revealed the NRL had gifted Barbara a ring worth tens of thousand of dollars, with many believing the money would have been better spent on junior rugby league.

“It was claimed the money could have been better spent on grassroots football,” Smith wrote.

“I could not believe what our game had become. This had overstepped the mark. And Barb was devastated.

“What was worse we were blamed for taking money away from where it should be spent – as if we were stealing money from junior clubs.

dbdec900-2780-11eb-a5e4-6c48a903b531

Cameron Smith with wife Barbara and Todd Greenberg in 2019. (Photo by Scott Barbour/Getty Images)
“Things were getting out of control and it forced me, at the end of the 2019 season, to ask myself some serious questions.

“Should I walk away from the game? Or keep playing and put my family through this unwanted scrutiny.”

Smith said his wife wanted to give the ring back, but eventually kept it and wore it to the 2020 grand final.

Meanwhile, Smith insists he still hasn’t made a decision about retirement despite widespread speculation.

The 37-year-old has made a record 430 NRL appearances, but appeared to claim in his book he was no closer to knowing whether it was the right time or not.

He pointed to NRL greats such as Billy Slater, Jonathan Thurston and Paul Gallen and their insistence they knew when it was the right time.

But Smith claimed he has not had that moment where he has woken up and said “I just can’t do it”.

Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/nrl-202...s-silence-cameron-smith-rumour-203003877.html

Mario chalmers

Juniors
https: / /podcasts .google. com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9yc3Mud2hvb3Noa2FhLmNvbS9yc3MvcG9kY2FzdC9pZC8xMzE1Nw/episode/NGU0NjFjYTMtNDc5OS00ZWM5LWI0MTgtYzgzZjdkMDA4MWMy

added spaces to the link to beat the spam filter.

Kevvie interview on SEN radio last week. Indicates that Brisbane will have more signings to announce soon.

Cam Smith is waiting for the Broncos to clear cap sapce at which point he will announce he is joining the club. Matt Lodge the next player likely to be moved. Last piece of the puzzle.

The only threat to this happening is Isaac Moses being banned in the next few weeks. This would have implications for Smith who is biggest client. If Moses' appeal fails he will take down every club who he has helped cheat the salary cap in the last 10 years.

blue bags

First Grade
https: / /podcasts .google. com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9yc3Mud2hvb3Noa2FhLmNvbS9yc3MvcG9kY2FzdC9pZC8xMzE1Nw/episode/NGU0NjFjYTMtNDc5OS00ZWM5LWI0MTgtYzgzZjdkMDA4MWMy

Kevvie interview on SEN radio last week. Indicates that Brisbane will have more signings to announce soon.

Cam Smith is waiting for the Broncos to clear cap sapce at which point he will announce he is joining the club. Matt Lodge the next player likely to be moved. Last piece of the puzzle.

The only threat to this happening is Isaac Moses being banned in the next few weeks. This would have implications for Smith who is biggest client. If Moses' appeal fails he will take down every club who he has helped cheat the salary cap in the last 10 years.
could be all smoke and mirrors , hey , what you think :D

parra_jesus

Juniors
So the broncos are going to have macca on 800k a year plus the "goat" on another 800k plus a year?. Not happening. Smith is retiring. Just except it

Chimp

Juniors
Hopefully for him he tapped her when she looked like she does in photo 1 or 3, rather than her more recent look. Reckon she’s been comfort eating since.... (I know that’s a really shitty thing to say, but she’s a QLDer, and if she got down with old Smithy, deserves all kinds of abuse)

So Brisbane get their 17 vs 13 man advantage back?

hrundi99

First Grade
Hopefully for him he tapped her when she looked like she does in photo 1 or 3, rather than her more recent look. Reckon she’s been comfort eating since.... (I know that’s a really shitty thing to say, but she’s a QLDer, and if she got down with old Smithy, deserves all kinds of abuse)

Go away you turnip. Show a bit of respect.

It doesn't surprise me that the two most despised teams, Manly and Brisbane, use maroon as their primary colour. Maroon is just a horrible colour for a sports team as it doesn't really blend well with anything else and is bland. I say that as a passionate Queenslander.

Purple is probably just as shit. The team who wears that are hated just as much as Manly and Brisbane.

Have the Broncos and Storm ever had a jersey that was actually nice?

Send Cam to the Donkeys. That way he can have the honour of playing for two hated clubs with equally shit colour schemes.