What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Jarryd Hayne sexual assault trials

Last Week

Bench
Perhaps a bit of context would be wise. Even the article seems to have missed some important dialogue that would make that comment more understandable.

Things progressed to the point that, according to Mr Hayne, she pulled her pants off.

Mr Hayne said: “I knew she didn’t want to have sex, I just wanted to please her.”

He said he began performing oral sex on the woman, and despite her claims in the witness box earlier in the week that she had asked him to stop, Mr Hayne said that she was “breathing heavy” and appeared to be enjoying it.

Asked if she ever told him to stop, Mr Hayne said: “No.”

However he said he was soon shocked when she began to bleed and he quickly rushed to the bathroom to wash himself.

“I felt the sense of a different liquid hit my lip — it was like a shock, I jumped up,” Mr Hayne told the court.

After she complained of a stinging sensation, he said he told her to see a doctor the next day, before he left in a cab back to Sydney.

Asked if he ever bit the woman, Mr Hayne said: “No.”

blue bags

First Grade
Jarryd Hayne breaks his silence in court to give his version of events on the night he allegedly raped a woman – saying he KNEW his accuser didn't want to have sex with him but he wanted to 'please her'
  • Former NRL star Jarryd Hayne offered his version of events in alleged rape case
  • He told the court he 'knew she didn't want to have sex' but wanted to 'please' her
  • The alleged incident was on September 30, 2018 on the outskirts of Newcastle

Former NRL star Jarryd Hayne has told a jury he knew a woman didn't want to have sex with him in her bedroom but he wanted to 'please her'.

Giving evidence in his defence during his rape trial in Newcastle District Court on Friday, Hayne said he had been kissing the woman before she removed her pants and he performed oral sex on her.

'She was breathing heavily, she was fine,' Hayne said.

'I knew she didn't want to have sex. I thought I would just please her.'

Former NRL player Jarryd Hayne arrives at Newcastle Court in Newcastle on Friday

He said he was suddenly in shock and jumped up when he 'first felt the sense of a different liquid hit my lip'

Hayne didn't have a clue what it was and looked at his hands before realising it was blood.

He said the woman told him it wasn't her period so he ran to the bathroom because 'you never expect to have blood on your face'. Asked if he had bitten the woman, Hayne replied: 'No.'

Hayne said he told the woman, ''It'll be fine. It'll be sweet'. I wanted to settle her down. She was a bit frazzled'.

The former Parramatta Eels player said he realised it must have been his finger that caused her to bleed.

Hayne (pictured above) has told a court he wanted to 'please' a woman he is accused of raping

Jarryd Hayne leaves court after trial over rape accusations
He said she didn't say she was in pain until she had a shower and told him, 'It's stinging, it's hurting'.

Hayne told the court the woman stood in front of him and said, 'It hurts'.

He claimed he tried to reassure her, telling her if she was still in pain to go to the doctor the following day.

'There was nothing else I could do,' Hayne said. 'I was apologetic.'

Hayne said he wanted to wait until she was comfortable but when she didn't want to talk, he decided to leave.

He denied ever deliberately intending to injure the woman.

In a phone intercept played earlier to the court, Hayne told Newcastle Knights player Mitchell Pearce the woman was from 'Newy', had sent him all these nude photographs on Snapchat and was a 'full-blown weirdo'.

Hayne told Pearce during the phone call, intercepted by police on November 15, 2018 - four days before Hayne was arrested - he thought he would pop in on the woman at her house on the outskirts of Newcastle on the way back to Sydney on the night of the NRL grand final.

36165298-8992419-image-a-10_1606458704111.jpg
Hayne, 32, (pictured outside court) has pleaded not guilty to two charges of aggravated sexual assault inflicting actual bodily harm

He said the woman 'wigged out' when she realised he had a taxi waiting for him outside.

Hayne told Pearce they were fooling around and the woman started to bleed a little which he thought was weird and he must have cut her with his fingernail so he left.

Hayne told the jury on Friday he knew the woman was keen on him after she sent him a message 13 days before the alleged rape saying, 'You are absolutely gorgeous x', and they had exchanged flirty, steamy, sexual messages.

Hayne, who had been celebrating rugby league player Wes Naiqama's bucks party weekend in Newcastle, had paid a taxi driver $550 to take him to Sydney before asking her to stop at the woman's house for a few minutes.

Crown prosecutor Brian Costello has told the jury Hayne attacked the woman in her bedroom after she invited him to her house on September 30, 2018.

Hayne told the jury when he got in the cab he knew best case scenario was he was going to have sex with the woman and the worst case scenario was he would introduce himself.

36165400-8992419-image-a-11_1606458875305.jpg

Jarryd Hayne (pictured above) was in Newcastle in late September of 2018 celebrating the bucks of fellow rugby league player Wes Naiqama

He said when he arrived the situation was awkward as they had never met before and the woman, who had had previous serious health issues, was nervous and concerned about how her eye looked so he suggested they have a singalong to some Ed Sheeran songs.

Hayne said the woman did confront him after she realised he had a taxi waiting outside and asked if he thought he could just come to her house and have sex with her.

He said he replied something along the lines, 'It's up to you really'.

Mr Costello said Hayne had arrived at about 9pm and stayed for about 45 minutes, committed two sex acts on her and caused two separate injuries to her genitalia before leaving.

The woman, now aged 28, later sent text messages to a girlfriend saying she thought Hayne had bitten her vagina and she felt violated after telling Hayne 'no' and 'stop'.

Hayne, 32, has pleaded not guilty to two charges of aggravated sexual assault inflicting actual bodily harm.

He will continue giving evidence on Monday.

Pictured: Hayne, 32, leaves court in Newcastle on Friday following another day of his rape trial
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-breaks-silence-court-alleged-rape-case.html

NRL star Jarryd Hayne breaks his silence in court in alleged rape case

blue bags

First Grade
Jarryd Hayne is accused of leaving a buck's party EARLY to have sex with a woman he had never met - before allegedly raping her inside her family home as a taxi waited out front
  • Hayne accused of catching taxi to see a woman he never met to have sex
  • Ex-NRL star was on his way to Sydney when he decided to visit woman's home
  • She alleges Hayne pulled off her pants and attacked her despite her saying 'no'
  • Hayne said the sexual activity was consensual and understands 'no' means 'no'
  • Hayne, 32, has pleaded not guilty to two charges of aggravated sexual assault
By AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATED PRESS

PUBLISHED: 18:40 AEDT, 30 November 2020 | UPDATED: 19:54 AEDT, 30 November 2020

Former NRL star Jarryd Hayne has been accused of catching a taxi to the home of a woman he had never met because he expected to have sex.

Crown prosecutor Brian Costello put it to Hayne on Monday during his rape trial in the Newcastle District Court that he left a bunch of his footy mates during half-time of the 2018 NRL grand final to head to the woman's home with expectations of having sexual intercourse.

'I honestly don't understand the question,' the ex-Parramatta Eels fullback replied.

'Sydney was the reason I got in the cab.'
Former NRL player Jarryd Hayne arrives at Newcastle Court in Newcastle on Monday. Hayne has been accused during his rape trial of catching a taxi to the home of a woman he had never met to have sex

Hayne said he did not understand what difference it made if he left the buck's party before or after the game.

Hayne had been on his way home to Sydney after a two-day buck's party for rugby league player Kevin Naiqama in Newcastle when he decided to pop in to the woman's nearby home on September 30, 2018 - the night of the grand final.

He had told the jury on Friday he believed it was 'up in the air' if he was going to have sex with the woman when he got in the taxi.
Mr Costello asked Hayne on Monday why he had left some fellow players in the middle of the grand final to go to Sydney.

Hayne said not all the players were interested in watching the game after a long season.

Hayne (pictured) has told a jury he believed it was 'up in the air' if he was going to have sex with the woman when he got in a taxi to go to her home

'I was only interested in the result, not the game,' Hayne said.

'I wasn't watching it intently.'

Hayne agreed he wasn't in a rush given he had time to stop off at the woman's house on the way to Sydney.

Hayne had earlier told the court he understood 'no' means 'no'.

He said if the woman had told him 'No', 'No Jarryd', 'Jarryd stop', he would have known she was not consenting and would have respected her decision.

Hayne agreed even if the woman had consented to some sexual activity at the start, she was entitled to tell him to stop at any time.

Hayne, 32, has pleaded not guilty to two charges of aggravated sexual assault inflicting actual bodily harm. He is pictured leaving Newcastle Court on Monday

'She never said 'no',' Hayne told the jury.

'None of that happened.'

Hayne agreed the woman never sent him messages specifically inviting him to come around to her house for sex but there were 'promising signs'.

Mr Costello had earlier asked Hayne about his height and weight and how much he could bench press back in 2018 when he was playing for the Parramatta Eels before the alleged rape.

The alleged victim weighed 48kg and was 156cm tall.

Jarryd Hayne (pictured above) was in Newcastle in late September of 2018 celebrating the buck's of fellow rugby league player Wes Naiqama

Hayne said he was 188cm tall, weighed 103-104kg and could bench press a maximum 110kg.

He claimed he knew the woman didn't want to have sex with him in her bedroom but he wanted to please her sexually.

Hayne said the sexual activity was consensual and he believed he must have accidentally cut the woman's vagina with his fingernail.

Hayne, who had paid a taxi driver $550 to take him to Sydney before asking her to stop at the woman's house, had been exchanging flirty messages for almost a fortnight with her after she sent him a message saying, 'You are absolutely gorgeous x'.

Jarryd Hayne leaves court after trial over rape accusations
Mr Costello said Hayne had stayed for about 45 minutes at her house, committed two sex acts on her and caused two separate injuries to her genitalia.

The woman, now aged 28, said she became angry when she realised Hayne had a taxi waiting outside, and was just expecting to have sex and leave.

She alleged Hayne was drunk and tried to kiss and touch her but when she said 'no', he pushed her head into the pillow, pulled her pants off and attacked her, ignoring her pleas to stop.

She said Hayne only stopped when there was blood everywhere, including on his hands and face.

The woman later sent text messages to a girlfriend saying she thought Hayne had bitten her vagina and she felt violated after telling Hayne 'no' and 'stop'.

Hayne, 32, has pleaded not guilty to two charges of aggravated sexual assault inflicting actual bodily harm.

The trial continues on Tuesday.

36252732-9000257-image-a-10_1606719677095.jpg

Hayne (left outside court on Monda) has claimed the sexual activity between him and the woman was consensual

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Newcastle-bucks-party-early-fit-sex-stop.html

simmo05

Bench
In both Haynes and jdb cases, the court has heard phone intercepts of calls made in the days after the alleged incident. f**k me, how easy is it for them to intercept phone calls? Anyone here know how it all work? Would have thought they could only do that if investigating organised crime, drug dealing and the like

Last Week

Bench
In both Haynes and jdb cases, the court has heard phone intercepts of calls made in the days after the alleged incident. f**k me, how easy is it for them to intercept phone calls? Anyone here know how it all work? Would have thought they could only do that if investigating organised crime, drug dealing and the like

A judge can issue a telecommunications intercept warrant if the offence carries more than 7 years and;

"information that would be likely to be obtained by intercepting under a warrant communications made to or from the service would be likely to assist in connection with the investigation by the agency."

Chimp

Juniors
ABC report jury unable to reach a decision.
No surprise - they may get there next week, but as I said all through the JDB trial, the evidence that is being shared in the media would suggest again it’s his word vs hers, and that makes meeting the burden of proof very difficult.
Sadly, I doubt either of these cases would have made Court if they weren’t famous. That’s sad for victims of these type of crimes, as they’re unlikely to get justice given the lack of conclusive evidence, and sad for the footballers (if innocent) as they’re being treat differently by the criminal system, just because of their job.

Last Week

Bench
No surprise - they may get there next week, but as I said all through the JDB trial, the evidence that is being shared in the media would suggest again it’s his word vs hers, and that makes meeting the burden of proof very difficult.
Sadly, I doubt either of these cases would have made Court if they weren’t famous. That’s sad for victims of these type of crimes, as they’re unlikely to get justice given the lack of conclusive evidence, and sad for the footballers (if innocent) as they’re being treat differently by the criminal system, just because of their job.

That's a bit absurd. These cases and the like are in court every single day.

Each case turns on the evidence and the weight the jury places on the evidence of each witness.

It appears in both cases that both the defendant(s) and the complainants are compelling and the jury are in a tough spot.

myrrh ken

First Grade

Most sex assaults are his word vs hers. Consent is always relied upon as the issue. Imagine how many don't make it to court. Still, prosecution has a duty to pursue them

Latest posts