What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’m hearing that Brian Smith isn’t having his contract renewed at the end of next year, anyone else heard similar????

You know how I love a prediction (@Gary Gutful ) but I think Micheal Hagan would make an excellent replacement.

84 Baby

Referee
I’m hearing that Brian Smith isn’t having his contract renewed at the end of next year, anyone else heard similar????

You know how I love a prediction (@Gary Gutful ) but I think Micheal Hagan would make an excellent replacement.
I thought @I’m a loser baby... told the club to re-sign him?

84 Baby

Referee
I was trying that sign the brother thing.
Should we sign Carlton as well?
459.gif

Any clue what this means ?

View attachment 44245
NRL transfer news: David Nofoaluma could quit Wests Tigers for Parramatta Eels
David Nofoaluma wants his financial demands met by Wests Tigers or he will consider quitting the club - a move that could land the club a rep star.

Dean RitchieExclusive
December 1, 2020 - 4:39PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom14 comments

FOXSPORTS0:31
Benji to the Super League?

NRL: There are reports circling that Benji Marshall could be set to make a switch to the English Super League with the chance at a much bigger pay cheque.

Star winger David Nofoaluma will consider quitting Wests Tigers for rivals Parramatta if the club fails to meet his financial demands of his next contract.

While Wests face a battle to retain Nofoaluma, The Daily Telegraph understands unwanted Penrith flyer Josh Mansour could now land at the Tigers for next season.

Nofoaluma, 26, is off contract after next season and negotiating a possible three-year extension. The Dally M winger of the year could command could command up to $450,000 a season on a deal that could be worth $1.35 million.

Kayo is your ticket to the best sport streaming Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

While negotiations with Wests are continuing, Nofoaluma told The Daily Telegraph last week he would test his value on the open market.

“I obviously love the Wests Tigers and the fans, you can tell by my passion.” Nofoaluma said. “But in reality, I am heading into what could potentially be my last contract.

“I am going to explore all my options and weigh up what’s the best decision for myself and more importantly my future.”

db81bf786acfd440f220d89696cdb534

David Nofoaluma could be Parramatta bound. Picture: Ashley Feder/Getty
If Nofoaluma cannot secure a lucrative deal at Concord, he could leave for Parramatta, where he has friends. Nofoaluma spoke with Eels coach Brad Arthur in 2017 before electing to stay at the Tigers, where he wants to remain now — but only if the price is right.

Nofoaluma wants to play finals footy — and secure representative honours — and it’s understood he feels that could be more attainable at the Eels. In 139 NRL games for the Tigers, he has never played a final, a victim of the club’s nine-year top-eight drought.

One rival club recruitment manager said: “Nofoaluma is one of the best wingers in the game. You would have to give up $450,000 a season to get him.”

3591bd5a903c151fe013632e1595fb29

Josh Mansour is weighing his options. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty
Wests have tabled a three-year deal but any possible gap between the offer and Nofoaluma’s expectations remain unknown.

Parramatta winger Blake Ferguson also comes off contact after next season.

Mansour has told those close to him that he is considering interest from Wests and Canterbury.

The Bulldogs are being patient with Mansour, believing they could sign him cheap by waiting until January — three months into the 2021 pay cycle — if the former Test winger cannot find a club.

88816bfce31e9c08329c50496dee0af6

David Nofoaluma playing for Wests Magpies in the Harold Matthews Competition.
Canterbury may though increase their interest in Mansour if the club misses out on Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr for 2022.

While contracted to Melbourne for 2021, Addo-Carr will return to Sydney the following year with South Sydney now emerging as the favourite to sign him.

Privately, Canterbury hope to nab Addo-Carr but the club isn’t incredibly confident.

There is a third, unknown, club which has also discussed Mansour, aged 30. The Bulldogs are also looking to strengthen the fullback and hooking position.

More Coverage
Riches and stardom awaiting NRL’s leading try-scorer‘Incomprehensible’: Agent blasts handshake deal absurdity
Nofoaluma scored 17 tries in 20 games this season and was unlucky to miss selection in the NSW State of Origin squad.

“I know with whatever decision I make, I can say I’ve given one hundred per cent every time I have stepped foot on the field for this club,” Nofoaluma said.