What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
As long as whoever plays centre is a half decent passer it should be fine.

Mansour worked well on the end of Crichton, To’o will be even better. Plus the left wing is the side right footed kickers go to the most, so it gets To’o involved where he’s needed.

Cleary goes short or kicks. So it is up to Edwards or the centre to setup Staines

Sime_11

Juniors
Widdop is available and even wants to play for a lesser contract apparently - wouldnt be against that at all

mxlegend99

Referee
Wait why would Naden be looking at 2 years?

I thought recreational drugs on first offence was a smaller suspension. Didn't Ben Barba get caught and face a smaller suspension they tried finding a loophole around?

Pretty sure his was grand final night too after Sharks won the comp. Would miss half a season at worst I think unless he has been caught before. Or the rules have changed since 2016

Wait why would Naden be looking at 2 years?

I thought recreational drugs on first offence was a smaller suspension. Didn't Ben Barba get caught and face a smaller suspension they tried finding a loophole around?

Pretty sure his was grand final night too after Sharks won the comp. Would miss half a season at worst I think unless he has been caught before. Or the rules have changed since 2016

Cocaine is a performance enhancing drug if caught in your system within 48hrs of a game. (Wendell Sailor got 2 years for it)

if it’s outside that window it’s treated differently.

Barba tested positive 4 days after the GF

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/53b9d86b16392d9cc05b4e5502bda262

mxlegend99

Referee
Cocaine is a performance enhancing drug if caught in your system within 48hrs of a game. (Wendell Sailor got 2 years for it)

if it’s outside that window it’s treated differently.

Barba tested positive 4 days after the GF

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/53b9d86b16392d9cc05b4e5502bda262
Shit that's harsh if he gets on a drug after losing a game and cops a 2 to 4 year ban because he didnt get tested a few days later.

Unless the implication is he was on the drug during the game... Not sure whether tested after the game means immediately or if it was hours later into next morning.

If he were under the influence on the field 4 years is fair though. Also had a chuckle looking up Ben Barbas suspension. Michael Gordon talked out about him after it...

"The league will continue to extend support to Ben Barba but this should serve as a warning to all players of one of the potential consequences of using illicit drugs," he said.

Sydney Roosters player Michael Gordon said he hoped his former teammate would get back on track.

"I got to know Benny really well, I reckon he was a great fella, so hopefully he just goes and does what he has to do and comes back in a better place," he said
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-08/sharks-player-ben-barba-tests-positive-for-drugs/8004230

They were potentially interviewing his supplier...

murraymob

First Grade
Well Kilkenny you still got your boots in your day you where a dasher
Naden will be suspended till the B sample comes back that will take 6 months at least. So we are down to maybe one center provided he stays
Will this be enough to actually get the retention committee moving.Not likely

Shit that's harsh if he gets on a drug after losing a game and cops a 2 to 4 year ban because he didnt get tested a few days later.

Unless the implication is he was on the drug during the game... Not sure whether tested after the game means immediately or if it was hours later into next morning.

If he were under the influence on the field 4 years is fair though. Also had a chuckle looking up Ben Barbas suspension. Michael Gordon talked out about him after it...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-08/sharks-player-ben-barba-tests-positive-for-drugs/8004230

They were potentially interviewing his supplier...

I think the suggestion is he was on it during the game, as he was tested that night. I’d presume the test was conducted in the sheds.

Well Kilkenny you still got your boots in your day you where a dasher
Naden will be suspended till the B sample comes back that will take 6 months at least. So we are down to maybe one center provided he stays
Will this be enough to actually get the retention committee moving.Not likely

B Sample shouldn’t take 6 months?

and besides, the B sample basically never changes the results. He’s gone.

At least the club has clarity before all the players have signed contracts. Personally I’d love to bring Braidon Burns back, he might not have a starting spot at Souths.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It could mean Burton will stay for 2021 and play centre.

Talk of Mansour hooking up with either Wests or the dogs.

So chance another winger (cheaper) could be bought.

This Averillo for Burton would be nice though.

Capewell is quite cpable at centre too, especially if an off season with sprint coach is in the offering.

So lots of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts