What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

franklin2323

Immortal
I disagree it 'doesn't go with the territory' and this 'right' to abuse as some see it is not the reason there is such money in the game.

Some folks choose to be abusive. Case in point the bloke with his son at Campbelltown that behaviour (by the bloke) in my opinion was disgraceful.

Just because you paid your money at the gate doesn't give you the right to be abusive or racial in your comments.

Lets take that example. He clearly loves his side with a passion. That passion is what insires him to buy memberships, jerseys, subscribe to Fox etc.

Take NBL or A League. Ask them players if they want to continue with low wages or Take the NRL contract amount...Along with the pressure from the media and fans. The vast majority would take it

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Lets take that example. He clearly loves his side with a passion. That passion is what insires him to buy memberships, jerseys, subscribe to Fox etc.

Take NBL or A League. Ask them players if they want to continue with low wages or Take the NRL contract amount...Along with the pressure from the media and fans. The vast majority would take it

Abuse is not the special ingrediant in passion.

Just because your passionate doesn't mean you have to be abusive. They do not go hand in hand.

There is never an excuse for abuse.

It's never ever OK.

MugaB

Coach
You need to step out of the bubble. Even head to the main page on here there is plenty of hate
Theres plenty of WT fans in sydney, they all hate Ivan, and love to kick nate when he is down coz of it, half of it is jealousy plus that whole "we had him coming here" nonesense
Justin Pascoe is their problem, yet Ivan has been that clubs biggest scapegoat

MugaB

Coach
Abuse is not the special ingrediant in passion.

Just because your passionate doesn't mean you have to be abusive. They do not go hand in hand.

There is never an excuse for abuse.

It's never ever OK.
F'off Alice!
Nah just jokes, it's usually the smug banter between mates who support other teams, i slight bit of jealousy, and a whole heap of "jeez i wish he was in my team" well if you support the Blues... he is, and now Vice Captain.
If he keeps this trajectory, eventually Captain.
Most of my mates are Tigers, Eels and Sharks supporters, all the tigers supporters just hate anything "cleary"
Thinks theyve been dudded, ALWAYS the woewest me angle, from now on im gonna call them the WOEWEST ME TIGERS, and had they gotten their grubby little tiger hands on nate, they would have punted luke brooks, and benji a lot sooner, so theres a club who is commited hey? We talk about penrith panthers fans jizz over their shiny new toys, tigers fans do it at tge prospect of signing a well known player, of which they end up failing to get.... as they are a basketcase.

Sharks fans are loyal, but love to swing the axe at all their coaches, players, staff, pretty much give up on them, dont expect much.

Eels fans win round one, and buy GF tix, very passionate, but generally are delusional.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There are two things that happens when watching footy games.

The generalised banter .....I was at round 1 this year. Penrith as you know started badly. I was with my neice, her partner and my brother. Niece and her partner chooks fans, brother is just a shit stirrer.

Mid way through the first hald I lave to go to the loos. Brother looks at me and says 'your leaving, they're not playing that badly'......that's banter.

It's fun

Then the smaller group like that bloke with his son at the W/T. game. Used dreadful names (in front of son et al) towards Ivan Cleary. That is abuse. It's not passion. Just abuse Never ever any excuse for it.

It's NOT fun.

The Realist

Juniors
Regarding Cleary and how he is rated by neutrals.

Nearly all of my mates are fans of different clubs, mostly, Eel's, Tigers with the rest being a smattering of other teams. They respect Cleary but they are not shy of texting me during games when he goes missing.

They were texting me during parts of the Souths game and in particularly during the GF and pretty much said he went missing. They were right, and were also right about SOO1.

The yak

Juniors
Regarding Cleary and how he is rated by neutrals.

Nearly all of my mates are fans of different clubs, mostly, Eel's, Tigers with the rest being a smattering of other teams. They respect Cleary but they are not shy of texting me during games when he goes missing.

They were texting me during parts of the Souths game and in particularly during the GF and pretty much said he went missing. They were right, and were also right about SOO1.

I bet you never hear a peep out of them when he puts in a blinder.

franklin2323

Immortal
Theres plenty of WT fans in sydney, they all hate Ivan, and love to kick nate when he is down coz of it, half of it is jealousy plus that whole "we had him coming here" nonesense
Justin Pascoe is their problem, yet Ivan has been that clubs biggest scapegoat

Yep. Pascoe also took off and left us often missed

Panther Pete

Juniors
Has it been mentioned on here that Naden has tested positive to recreational drugs and been provisionally suspended?