What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One to watch: Jason Saab

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Remember when everyone was saying “Saab is the future”?

Good times..

Gareth67

First Grade
The blokes gone now so I waste any more time on him . My only comment is that Manly got their way - as they have done with the Tigers Aloshoi - so all is normal in the NRL , a very ‘ unleveled - leveled ‘ playing field .

denis preston

First Grade
Sorry possm not having a go at all but every time I see a statement like that I immediately think of Garrick Morgan at the Crushers - an absolute beast of a human that hit like a powder puff..

What about our Barry Stumbles, Dennis Callaghan & Peter Sullivan in the late 60's ? reserve grade champions ! Tony Darcy & a couple of south African forwards for Penrith as well. Some exceptions though Mossop, Dick Thornett & Bronco's Thorne.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So if Saints want any forward, they can just talk to the player, no matter how long he has signed. offer him more and let him request a release and sook until he gets in and Saints get their man. Too easy. Works a treat for Manly, they got Saab and Aloiai doing just that. Apparently it is ok. Or does this just apply to Manly. Funny, didn't BMoz do the same when he joined Dogs when Hasler was coaching them?

possm

Coach
So if Saints want any forward, they can just talk to the player, no matter how long he has signed. offer him more and let him request a release and sook until he gets in and Saints get their man. Too easy. Works a treat for Manly, they got Saab and Aloiai doing just that. Apparently it is ok. Or does this just apply to Manly. Funny, didn't BMoz do the same when he joined Dogs when Hasler was coaching them?
With B Morris, Craig Young and Peter Doust promised to upgrade his contract but then reneged. Then Mary put his two bobs worth into the mix saying words like no winger is worth that money. So after that we paid peanuts and go monkeys.

thebigredv

First Grade
Say what you want about Saab but the fact is players can't get away from our joint quick enough. I really hope Griffin changes the joint. Huge overhaul.

Starts with breaking ties with JDB.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
This kid is beyond entitled, already saying he’s starting round 1 like it’s a given. Imagine what that does to team morale having a rookie who really hasn’t done anything come into the club talking like he owns the joint

He’s the newTim Moltzen

Drakon

Juniors
This kid is beyond entitled, already saying he’s starting round 1 like it’s a given. Imagine what that does to team morale having a rookie who really hasn’t done anything come into the club talking like he owns the joint

He’s the newTim Moltzen
Part of me wants him to get stuck in CC at Manly behind Garrick and Taufua but there's another part that wants him to play against us in Round 3. I'd love to see Rava run over the top of him or Ramsey run past him as he comes off his wing in defence.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree Gareth. Time to put this thread to bed!!

Do you find it rather odd that Vlandy comes out now - after Manly have signed both Saab and Aloshi ( Tigers ) that he intends to come down hard on players who attempt to have their contracts terminated - only to sign with another club on a higher salary ?

If it was me I would also be having a word with the players agent , as well as the player’s new club .

A bit late for the Dragons and Tigers , but I am sure that everything will be in place the next occasion it occurs . . . .?

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
Do you find it rather odd that Vlandy comes out now - after Manly have signed both Saab and Aloshi ( Tigers ) that he intends to come down hard on players who attempt to have their contracts terminated - only to sign with another club on a higher salary ?

If it was me I would also be having a word with the players agent , as well as the player’s new club .

A bit late for the Dragons and Tigers , but I am sure that everything will be in place the next occasion it occurs . . . .?
It’s bloody annoying that players under contract are able to pressure their current club with bullshit reasons for wanting out then hey presto their new club has offered 2.5 times what they were presently earning. Why are these clubs allowed to do this?? They are not off contract so is that not against the rules of poaching contracted players?? Absolute bullshit that needs to be addressed and offending clubs/ players and player managers punished for this

The Badger

Juniors
His

He’s the newTim Moltzen
His time will come.On the field.I never saw anything promising from him in his performances in first grade,but I blamed it on the coach.Now I know that negative attitude wasnt the coach but a personality defect that will be exposed by a decent opposition football side.