What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Dea

Juniors
Hooks recent comments (see Fox) seem to indicate Norman (& Hunt) need to prove their passion for the position. He has spoken with Norman about his performance and it is up to him. Hook mentioned a couple of options coming through and the impression is, perform and play, or someone else will take you place.

Walpole

Juniors
Hooks recent comments (see Fox) seem to indicate Norman (& Hunt) need to prove their passion for the position. He has spoken with Norman about his performance and it is up to him. Hook mentioned a couple of options coming through and the impression is, perform and play, or someone else will take you place.
Let's hope that's the case. I mean, it's hardly ground breaking but it's been nearly 10 years since we had a coach willing to pick and drop players based on form.

Gareth67

First Grade
Let's hope that's the case. I mean, it's hardly ground breaking but it's been nearly 10 years since we had a coach willing to pick and drop players based on form.

Agree Walpole and it will certainly make a big difference to the players mindset , in as much as they are now aware that there is no security blanket that they can cuddle up to , should their form not be up to scratch .

Griffin did not get not get the name ‘ Hook ‘ out of a Kellogg’s Corn Flakes packet , this chap will act in the best interests of the team when it comes to selections . No one will be safe from his axe - regardless of whom they may be .

Inisai Toga

Juniors
If he’s half as a effective as “Rocket”, that will do me. Just respect his glass half full attitude. He’s not just talking to the fans, he’s talking to his playing group through the media. It’s all about them and the club and it’s identity; contrast this with “this is the team I want”, from previously staff. Refreshing, good luck to him!

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
I cannot see Corey Norman making the 8th round this season.
He will either get dropped on form or for some off-field incident.
He'll probably go for a covid breach or something.
Let it be said, my prediction of the season, COREY NORMAN WONT MAKE 8 WEEKS.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Thats a fair prediction, 8 weeks is a good timeframe. If he hasn't hit his straps by then our season will already be on the line and change will happen. I would nearly put my house on it he plays round 1, but I wouldn't be so sure he will kill it. Add to that his off field record and he's a ticking time bomb.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Thats a fair prediction, 8 weeks is a good timeframe. If he hasn't hit his straps by then our season will already be on the line and change will happen. I would nearly put my house on it he plays round 1, but I wouldn't be so sure he will kill it. Add to that his off field record and he's a ticking time bomb.
Depending on how we are performing I was actually thinking the round 7 ANZAC day game would be a good opportunity to shuffle the backline, let Sullivan & the Feagai’s have a run in a marquee game perhaps try Ramsey at fullback with Dufty on the bench. In a tight game Dufty could make a real impact with 20min to go.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Depending on how we are performing I was actually thinking the round 7 ANZAC day game would be a good opportunity to shuffle the backline, let Sullivan & the Feagai’s have a run in a marquee game perhaps try Ramsey at fullback with Dufty on the bench. In a tight game Dufty could make a real impact with 20min to go.
You would think they would try to field their strongest side in that game. That could be the straw that broke the camels back, Corey Normans last stand.

goldiesaintz

Juniors

In previous seasons, l would have been 100% behind you on this one, however, with Hook on board and his known attitude towards players slacking off, l'm prepared to give Norman and every other 1st team player a 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card and start the new season with high expectations.

I really do think they will lift, whether that is sufficient, time will tell.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Classic quotes
"don't take life too seriously man" and
"what have I learnt? f**k, need to do something else" &
"go with the flow, pretty crewsy"

???

BLM01

First Grade
I might be in the minority but if you look past the first minute or so and just their normal street talk facade which I hear most days amongst youth and NRL unedited or without the media talk.
the whole interview is quite honest, refreshing speaking mainly about their business pursuits, some private stuff, and a little bit of league which was quite good to listen to.
But I’m still not a supporter of his yet in our football side
he’s gonna have to do a lot this year to turn that around..or for that it just maybe too late for CN in the Red V

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
I might be in the minority but if you look past the first minute or so and just their normal street talk facade which I hear most days amongst youth and NRL unedited or without the media talk.
the whole interview is quite honest, refreshing speaking mainly about their business pursuits, some private stuff, and a little bit of league which was quite good to listen to.
But I’m still not a supporter of his yet in our football side
he’s gonna have to do a lot this year to turn that around..or for that it just maybe too late for CN in the Red V
Yes I particularly enjoyed the part where they were talking about who had the biggest shlong they had seen in the NRL. Grown men talking about other men's penises, riverting stuff.....

Latest posts