What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project mika second row

George Sancti

Juniors
Although all of the top forwards are signed for season 2021, there are some very good forwards who will be coming off contract at the end of 2021 including Jaydn Su'a, Isaah Yeo, Kurt Capewell, Dale Finucane, and Angus Crichton.

I am hoping that the opportunity may still exist for the Dragons to negotiate an early release with one of the respective clubs, if the club is under salary cap pressure or is well stocked for the forwards and need to free up money to address deficiencies in other positions.

BLM01

First Grade
Although all of the top forwards are signed for season 2021, there are some very good forwards who will be coming off contract at the end of 2021 including Jaydn Su'a, Isaah Yeo, Kurt Capewell, Dale Finucane, and Angus Crichton.

I am hoping that the opportunity may still exist for the Dragons to negotiate an early release with one of the respective clubs, if the club is under salary cap pressure or is well stocked for the forwards and need to free up money to address deficiencies in other positions.
You may be right But those clubs attached to those players never seem to be under salary cap pressure because they
1. release no names and always have room for the better players
2. Have strong 3rd party arrangements
3. Wealthy owners or are well funded from outside and
4. Good bookkeeping

_Johnsy

Referee
You may be right But those clubs attached to those players never seem to be under salary cap pressure because they
4. Good bookkeeping
Then there is us, with all the financial clout of the Gordons.

boy-picking-up-scraps-in-old-dhaka-bangladesh-BEGH3G.jpg

George Sancti

Juniors
4. Good bookkeeping

Agree with all four points BLM01.

However, I believe with Peter V’landys running the show now, the clubs are more inclined to swim between the flags. I cannot see clubs offering outrageous service agreements or other forms of dodgy payments to entice players to remain on small contract fees as may have been the case under former administrations.

BLM01

First Grade
Agree with all four points BLM01.

However, I believe with Peter V’landys running the show now, the clubs are more inclined to swim between the flags. I cannot see clubs offering outrageous service agreements or other forms of dodgy payments to entice players to remain on small contract fees as may have been the case under former administrations.
You would hope so..but in reality there is not a lot he can do cause a lot of probably what goes down is within their own rules.
Unlimited 3rd party agreements and proving they have nothing to do with the club or anyone associated at the club can be hard..very hard to prove.
And there are those that are paid by the NRL to be utilised for their own advertising etc
Then you got betting agencies with Tedesco and the list goes on and on

possm

Coach
The Steelers picked the Gordon's, it was their share.
CC
The Steelers were in default of their debt to St George Leagues Club and the Gordons. If they wanted to, St George could have called in the loan and required the shares as payment in full. Gordons just forgave the Steeler's debt and paid the 6m debt to St George who used it to pay the SGI debt to the NRL.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

All, except Capewell, are certain starters in much higher ranked teams than the Dragons. Capewell played well in Origin in the Centres - but could he reproduce that in the forwards?

George Sancti

Juniors
All, except Capewell, are certain starters in much higher ranked teams than the Dragons. Capewell played well in Origin in the Centres - but could he reproduce that in the forwards?

Agree that they are certain of a first grade berth. However, they may not be seen by their respective clubs as being critical to the future success, or their clubs may just not be prepared to offer a marquee salary because of their need to retain other players.

Whereas with Saints, a strong dominant forward is critical to our success and I expect that we would be prepared to offer a high market rate for the right player(s).

In relation to Kurt Capewell, I may be wrong, but he appeared to me to play more like a talented backrower standing out wide than a traditional centre. I think he would go well as a regular second rower.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Mika should stay on the wing: and Learn!
He's not very good at reading the play.
There's 2020 video evidence to prove that.

ALSGI

Bench
Mika should stay on the wing: and Learn!
He's not very good at reading the play.
There's 2020 video evidence to prove that.
Yep get what you’re saying but there’s also 2020 footage of some real improvement in defence and great finishes.

He’d be required to read play on the wing a lot more than in the middle.

Anyway, I think he’s our best winger atm but given his size and lack of lightening speed (I don’t think he’s slow at all btw) I can entertain thoughts of similar development into a forward like Ben Creagh, Beau Scott etc.

Latest posts