What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxTom

Bench
Wait why would Naden be looking at 2 years?

I thought recreational drugs on first offence was a smaller suspension. Didn't Ben Barba get caught and face a smaller suspension they tried finding a loophole around?

Pretty sure his was grand final night too after Sharks won the comp. Would miss half a season at worst I think unless he has been caught before. Or the rules have changed since 2016
https://www.asada.gov.au/news/afl-player-receives-sanction

According to this ch9 report, Naden may only face a 1 to 3 month suspension under a new penalty code if he can prove it was for recreational purposes. But weirdly they say the new code comes in on January 1st.

Jane Murray

Bench
According to this ch9 report, Naden may only face a 1 to 3 month suspension under a new penalty code if he can prove it was for recreational purposes. But weirdly they say the new code comes in on January 1st.

This latest development explains a lot, why he was demoted, not played any minutes in the Rabbitohs game, and his brain explosion in the Roosters game. I will say that Brent will be let go soon.

Original Name

Juniors
Roosters and Storm have shown you keep a core of players and rotate the roster around them.

Keep:

Cleary
Luai
Staines
Fish
Yeo
Lenui

Everyone else is good to have but can be replaced if their price goes up.
I feel like people underrate the value of guys like Dylan Edwards. Everyone who talks about him talks about him he's one of if not the nicest, humblest guy they've ever met. Guys like that who everyone gets along with and appreciates mean a lot to team morale and morale (just running harder, tackling harder, scrambling more) can matter more than tactics in games of Rugby League. The team with the higher morale often is the winner in Rugby League. That and he's always the best trainer in pre season setting the standard.

This is pretty much the exact same reason the Roosters let go of more talented players than Mitch Aubusson but always kept him around.

Last edited:
I feel like people underrate the value of guys like Dylan Edwards. Everyone who talks about him talks about him he's one of if not the nicest, humblest guy they've ever met. Guys like that who everyone gets along with and appreciates mean a lot to team morale and morale (just running harder, tackling harder, scrambling more) can matter more than tactics in games of Rugby League. The team with the higher morale often is the winner in Rugby League. That and he's always the best trainer in pre season setting the standard.

This is pretty much the exact same reason the Roosters let go off more talented players than Mitch Aubusson but always kept him around.

In retrospect, would we have done any better with either James Tedesco or Kayln Ponga at Fullback?

Dylan was one of our best and consistent players this season :thumbsup:

murraymob

Coach
The other problem Naden May face is how he got the drugs.He was in the bubble meaning did he leave or did someone bring it to him.That could cost him a few weeks suspension on top of what else he gets

Hooked

Juniors
The official statement makes me think the Club will stand by him.

They have too, for the wellness of the player. They will either move him on next year or not re-sign him.
Before this came out Blade said last week the club wouldn't stand in his way if he got a deal elsewhere.

Hooked

Juniors
The other problem Naden May face is how he got the drugs.He was in the bubble meaning did he leave or did someone bring it to him.That could cost him a few weeks suspension on top of what else he gets

I hope no one else is involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts