What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
I just hope that Griffin arranges a meeting with the man and Joint Venture officials to settle his future with the club .

It’s fairly obvious to me that he will not be back next season and working on that premise
the Dragons and JDB will need to go their separate ways .

Do as Dennis Preston has suggested and make an offer to another player - of quality - to join the Dragons .

Juniors
I’m not sure the dpp will pursue a retrial considering there was no erring of law or any further evidence coming to light. Chances of a similar outcome or acquittal too high and would that be in the victims best interests.
Could be wrong have been plenty of times before:rofl:

BLM01

First Grade
I just hope that Griffin arranges a meeting with the man and Joint Venture officials to settle his future with the club .

It’s fairly obvious to me that he will not be back next season and working on that premise
the Dragons and JDB will need to go their separate ways .

Do as Dennis Preston has suggested and make an offer to another player - of quality - to join the Dragons .
I differ with you this time Gaz
If and it is still an if at this stage he becomes a free man before start of season I would have him in my squad as he would of done all the training
Obviously if there is another trial that is sometime next year we’ll after season has started then OK cut ties for 21.

Gareth67

First Grade
I differ with you this time Gaz
If and it is still an if at this stage he becomes a free man before start of season I would have him in my squad as he would of done all the training
Obviously if there is another trial that is sometime next year we’ll after season has started then OK cut ties for 21.

As you have said buddy - if - it’s such a big word , more so in this instance . However I do see the point that you are making , with no reflection on the man himself there would undoubtedly be a detrimental effect to him playing once again , regardless if it was for the Dragons or any club for that matter .

There’s a hell of a lot of baiting that occurs in the game today and I do believe that he would be subjected to it . That would put him off his normal game and then his overall worth to the team would be negated.

However that is not the only reason why I suggest it would be better if there was ‘ a parting of the way ‘ between JDB and the joint venture . The Dragons need to move on from this , more so now that there is a completely new coaching regime in place at the Dragons .

They do not need any distractions that would impede the way for future success and imo having the man return to the team would do more harm than good .

Lastly I would just wish to make this point and that is it is not so much about JDB returning , but the stigma attached to the case itself , that could possibly harm him and the club .

Last edited:

Phantom V

Juniors
IMHO it’s time to move on and cut ties. I agree with Gaz, we don’t need the distraction heading into a new season.
He’s a great player but he’s also a grub. Regardless of what happened that day, he was cheating on his pregnant wife. Not someone I want associated with our club.

saintmar

Juniors
IMHO it’s time to move on and cut ties. I agree with Gaz, we don’t need the distraction heading into a new season.
He’s a great player but he’s also a grub. Regardless of what happened that day, he was cheating on his pregnant wife. Not someone I want associated with our club.
Whilst i think he did the wrong thing morally and he has regretted his actions,it's up to his partner and himself to work it out.
We can't judge others.

BLM01

First Grade
As you have said buddy - if - it’s such a big word , more so in this instance . However I do see the point that you are making , with no reflection on the man himself there would undoubtedly be a detrimental effect to him playing once again , regardless if it was for the Dragons or any club for that matter .

There’s a hell of a lot of baiting that occurs in the game today and I do believe that he would be subjected to it . That would put him off his normal game and then his overall worth to the team would be negated.

However that is not the only reason why I suggest it would be better if there was ‘ a parting of the way ‘ between JDB and the joint venture . The Dragons need to move on from this , more so now that there is a completely new coaching regime in place at the Dragons .

They do not need any distractions that would impede the way for future success and imo having the man return to the team would do more harm than good .

Lastly I would just wish to make this point and that is it is not so much about JDB returning , but the stigma attached to the case itself , that could possibly harm him and the club .
Yeh I get your stance but I am all about facts, reality of outcome not stigma or the PC feel good stance
We are not judge and jury here, that will be decided by others
If the club, coaching staff and sponsors are Ok and does not go into 21 season, why shouldn’t we be Ok if he becomes a free man

In regards to baiting.. na..
Matt lodge copped the same and has come out the other side
Baiting has been around for years and will continue to be
Players handle it as you can’t touch a player on field nowadays anyway
But just like the discharged jury.. opinions divided on this one
But clear the judge felt which way the jury should of ruled unanimously and his final submission would lead them to that answer but he can’t force their hand so we will never know now what he thought

Last edited:

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Yeh I get your stance but I am all about facts, reality of outcome not stigma or the PC feel good stance
If the club, coaching staff and sponsors are Ok and does not go into 21 season, why shouldn’t we be Ok if he becomes a free man

But clear the judge felt which way the jury should of ruled unanimously and his final submission would lead them to that answer but he can’t force their hand so we will never know now what he thought

Do you think the judge suggesting a re-trial eludes to his thoughts on the matter or would that just be part of his duty?

Gareth67

First Grade

Your quite correct in as much as we are not judge nor jury here - as I said in my earlier post “ no reflection upon the man himself “ quite simply I was not attaching any blame to him . Opinions on the jury were divided as they are here , however the reality here is that there is stigma attached to the case and this - imo - will always be there .

Our points of view on this are different , but then we are individuals .

BLM01

First Grade
Do you think the judge suggesting a re-trial eludes to his thoughts on the matter or would that just be part of his duty?
Who knows what he thinks... but if in fact he has recommended that assuming a different jury should be able to come up with a verdict then yes it is both

redv13

Bench
Who knows what he thinks... but if in fact he has recommended that assuming a different jury should be able to come up with a verdict then yes it is both
As possm would say, it’s an absolute mess!!
Going to be difficult if there is a retrial finding new jury members who have no idea of what’s been played out in the media over the last few weeks. Hung jury was the worst possible outcome for everyone involved

getsmarty

Immortal
AND letting Host go. Rumour apparently that Millward doesn't rate any Dragon Sydney juniors.

So Webby, after 3Rd party is dealt with how about Millward ?

Does this include, lomax, Sullivan. feagai Twins , sloan etc who were all re-signed.

In regards to Host, the ship had sailed...and he has ties with JD and hornby.

BLM01

First Grade
Does this include, lomax, Sullivan. feagai Twins , sloan etc who were all re-signed.

In regards to Host, the ship had sailed...and he has ties with JD and hornby.
AND letting Host go. Rumour apparently that Millward doesn't rate any Dragon Sydney juniors.

So Webby, after 3Rd party is dealt with how about Millward ?
Doesn’t matter what the rumours were or are Millward no longer has that decision-making on which young players go through.
He has had pathways and transition stripped from him which is now run by Matt head and Timmins, Haran in conjunction with coaches.
In regards to 1st grade player selections and recruitment selection and worth all falls back to Hook in conversation I assume with his coaches
Millward manages the cap, player agent discussions from the seek and find a home missions that he is told to and I daresay any recommendations will be deliberated heavily over by the coaches which is the way it should be.
Just appears that the old McUnsuccessful didn’t have time for any of the above, put too much trust in others or did not know how to do it, Take your pick.. probably all 3.
Just a case of tell Ian who I like and who I don’t and what areas I am deficient in. You do the rest “so I can concentrate on coaching” we’re his own words after 2016 review

Last edited: