What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Super disappointed in that from Naden, grand final week ffs.

Edit: I hope the guy is doing alright and if he gets away with a short suspension I won’t mind if the club stands by him but geez I find that really poor from him.

betcats

Referee
Nah, I didn’t mean that, I don't think I explained myself at all. I didn’t mean Seves superior off the field - I have no idea - more so that I don't think it's a case of only weighing up on field if we're talking about a choice between Naden v Seve because I agree if it was playing ability I'd be Naden over Seve as well.

I guess Seve wouldn’t of got a chance down there if he wasn’t meeting their high standards and given the recent news about Naden it’s probably safe to say Seve is doing better off the field than Naden lol.

If Naden cops the full ban we will need another centre so I’d be happy to bring Seve in. I’d rather find someone a little more established and not coming off a big injury but I don’t know who is actually available cause we will need someone next season.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
This latest development explains a lot, why he was demoted, not played any minutes in the Rabbitohs game, and his brain explosion in the Roosters game. I will say that Brent will be let go soon.

I don’t see how it explains any of that.

All it tells me is that he is a young Bloke with a discipline/mental health issue.

I think we need to move on from him and see if he can sort himself out. We need our best 17 on the park, he’s not meeting that standard at the moment.

franklin2323

Immortal
While I don’t condone drugs in any way .From all reports only 5 players where tested out of 17 he played the cards and lost.He May have played the cards a few times. And got away with it

I am like you. Totally anti drugs but it happens and there are 272 players taking the field usually so can run the risk easier during the season

Jane Murray

Bench
I don’t see how it explains any of that.

All it tells me is that he is a young Bloke with a discipline/mental health issue.

I think we need to move on from him and see if he can sort himself out. We need our best 17 on the park, he’s not meeting that standard at the moment.
Rush of blood. People on drugs, makes poor choices.

Sime_11

Juniors
Wait, so Naden took coke before the Roosters game?

That would explain the kick off incident.

I thought it was a calculated risk, we were up by 7 at that stage.

the ball didn’t bounce the way he would have wanted, I hope our players continue calculated risks like that.

The ball bounces how we want it to, Nades runs 50 metres untouched and ices the game and looks like a genius.

I thought the defence that lead to Roosters scoring that try was more concerning - how easily the roosters scored, not to mention next to the posts, basically gifted them a chance to pull it out of the fire.

martielang

Bench
Wonder if we even look at Lafai for a year or two. Although I still think Whare has something to offer so would give him the spot unless we can land someone noticeably better.

The Realist

Juniors
Wonder if we even look at Lafai for a year or two. Although I still think Whare has something to offer so would give him the spot unless we can land someone noticeably better.

Lafai was an absolute weapon when he had a full season in the Bulldogs 2014 side. Since then he has fallen away quite badly.

Bob

Juniors
Thank goodness you're not on the retention panel, Lafai, Whare, there is a reason 2 clubs have got rid of Lafai, he's shit, and Whare, couldn't get a run last year because he's fragile, I'd prefer to get Jennings into shape and give him a shot

WestyLife

First Grade
I feel like people underrate the value of guys like Dylan Edwards. Everyone who talks about him talks about him he's one of if not the nicest, humblest guy they've ever met. Guys like that who everyone gets along with and appreciates mean a lot to team morale and morale (just running harder, tackling harder, scrambling more) can matter more than tactics in games of Rugby League. The team with the higher morale often is the winner in Rugby League. That and he's always the best trainer in pre season setting the standard.

This is pretty much the exact same reason the Roosters let go off more talented players than Mitch Aubusson but always kept him around.

I clarified later saying spine and a few forwards. Whether Edwards keeps the fullback or not who knows with Staines there.

Kilkenny

Coach

Marty seriously go out on a limb like this and your just putting your neck on the chopping block on here.

You need to stick to your game analysis where you gets heaps of likes.

It would appear recruitment and retention just isn’t going to improve your posts to like ratio.

murraymob

Coach
Thank goodness you're not on the retention panel, Lafai, Whare, there is a reason 2 clubs have got rid of Lafai, he's shit, and Whare, couldn't get a run last year because he's fragile, I'd prefer to get Jennings into shape and give him a shot
Whare is with us like it or not for 2 more years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts