What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: Australia v India at Manuka (Canberra) Dec 2 2020

Bazal

Post Whore
Manuka is the he size of a postage stamp, 450+ on the cards for the side that bats first.

Fake news, it's huge.

Often a road when we get late summer games and it's baked in 98 degree heat, but it's been wetter than a bachelorette party looking into Patty Cummins eyes lately so it'll be interesting to see the deck. Manuka just got nailed with a storm now actually and we got 10mm in 20 mins at Deakin to wash out our game in the weekend.

Local cricket scores have been way low.

Is there a “bubble” for this squad???

If there were no selection restrictions, I’d put Labuschagne to open, bring in a bloke like Darcy Short at around 5/6 - keep Maxwell in the “floater” role.

I’d like Abbott in the side but losing a pure batsman needs replacement by a pure batsman.

TheParraboy

Staff member
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...-india-3rd-odi-cricket-world-cup-super-league

Form guide
Australia (last five completed matches, most recent first): WWWLW

India: LLLLL

After two near-identical Australia wins in Sydney, the ODI series shifts to Canberra, but the change in scene may not necessarily bring about a change in template. If the SCG was all about bat first, bat big and win, the Manuka Oval's ODI history is pretty much just that, on steroids.

The last seven games here have all been won by the side batting first, six of them while defending 320-plus totals. The last four first-innings totals here, in chronological order, are 372 for 2, 411 for 4, 348 for 8, and 378 for 5.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Ashton f**king Agar and Sean Abbott in too.

The Spare left out.

Starc, Warner Cummins out.

India to bat first

TheParraboy

Staff member
India: 1 Shikhar Dhawan, 2 Shubman Gill, 3 Virat Kohli (capt), 4 Shreyas Iyer, 5 KL Rahul (wk), 6 Hardik Pandya, 7 Ravindra Jadeja, 8 Shardul Thakur, 9 Kuldeep Yadav, 10 Jasprit Bumrah, 11 T Natarajan.

2.10pm Well, well. India have won a toss! They'll bat first. "Looks like a really, really good wicket to bat on," says Virat Kohli. He says India "haven't tried enough things with the ball" so far in the series. He isn't asked about India's changes. We'll get to those soon.

Three changes for Australia. Back niggle for Starc, Aaron Finch says. Green, Abbott and Ashton Agar are in for Warner, Cummins and Starc. "Myself and Marnus will be opening."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...a-vs-india-3rd-odi-india-in-australia-2020-21

TheParraboy

Staff member
My first chance to see what this periscope with feet goes like. All 2m of Cameron Green, hoping he lives up to the hype i've been hearing.

Kinda wished him (and Pucovski) would be groomed exclusively for test cricket.
First couple of years anyway

Agree with Warne, experimenting too much and no need to rest, And Wade in for Warner as looks like Wade will be opening in t20

Last edited:

Latest posts