What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

yakstorm

First Grade
That Dragons jersey doesn't look like a Classic-made jersey at all. It looks like an X Blades jersey.

It wouldn't be the first time a jersey has been manufactured by someone else and then another apparel brand has been slapped over the top (Happened in 2002 with Roosters when Kappa went under and ISC took over) although its not something you'd expect to happen this far out from the regular season.

For me, it just feels like classic Classic and their amazing ability to take a good design and somehow stuff it up when actually delivering the final product.

Jackson Allison

Juniors
Tigers 2021 Home and Away Jerseys released!
https://www.roarstore.com.au/team-official/
2043-849.jpg

2039-849.jpg

sempmrh

Juniors
The V seems a little too thick to look okay being cut off like that. If they made it a little bit shallower they wouldn’t have had to cut it off at all. Strange collar, too. I appreciate a faux old school collar but this one doesn’t quite work for me - although it does look better on the black jersey.

They’re really stretching the limits (if there are any) of the under the collar sponsor position.

The Marshall

Juniors
With that tapered chevron and the collar it has a real early 2000's feel about it and I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

greenBV4

Bench
Last years tigers design was perfect. All it needed was the away to be orange instead of white but that was a tigers board decision I'm surprised they approved of this new away.
Theres the threat of the firehawks potentially coming in in the near future now, and likely wanting a predominantly orange kit

I guess they now want to restake their claim to orange, despite turning their shoulder to it for the better part of the last decade

Reflector

Juniors
The collar would look better if it was the one colour the whole way around (black collar for the Home, white collar for the Away) and I'd also have made the sleeves of the Away orange with black piping.

IDK why they go with that deep orange either? It almost looks red orange, not at all like the gold orange of Balmain...

flippikat

Bench
Theres the threat of the firehawks potentially coming in in the near future now, and likely wanting a predominantly orange kit

I guess they now want to restake their claim to orange, despite turning their shoulder to it for the better part of the last decade

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Funny what the looming threat of competition can do to branding.

Ball's in the Firehawks court now.

flippikat

Bench
Sooooo much this.The jersey was f**king mint. I'm astonished they changed it to this.

Yeah. Basically this year's indigenous jersey, minus the artwork at the bottom (ie plain orange) would have been FINE - but I think that wanted to tweak the V as a point of difference, and they botched it.

Still, nice to see them finally embrace their ONE colour that's a point of difference to all other current NRL clubs.

I guess the Firehawks (or whatever name they end up with, pending that tussle with the Netball team), are even more likely to go orange/red, orange/yellow or orange/red/yellow..

The Great Dane

First Grade
What's wrong with just having the classic Tiger colours for home, and Magpies for away? (With a splash of orange or black where relevant)
Because the Magpies have control of the club.

Be thankful that the West’s old boys haven’t got enough power to totally wipe the Tigers out of the brand.

sempmrh

Juniors
According to the membership renewal information I received today, Storm will have a members jersey for 2021. No further information beyond that but based on the illustrations of players and fans on the forms, I'm expecting it to be basically what you can see on the Storm membership site.

https://am.ticketmaster.com/melbournestorm/FAQ#/

yakstorm

First Grade
I'm surprised that Neds is allowed to be that low on the Wests Tigers jersey.

Anyway, whilst not the greatest Wests Tigers jerseys, they aren't horrible... At least the club is sticking with the solid V design and has decided to make the alternate Orange.

Not sure if it's an optical illusion, but the V on the black jersey looks thicker than on the Orange or the logos are bigger.

If you look at both the Telstra Premiership & Wests Tigers logo seem to better fit in the V on the Orange than on the main kit which is a bit weird... It makes the orange kit feel more balanced.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Maybe this means those moaners from the inner city are starting to foot more of the bill to get that orange tinge back on the jersey.

It's alright but nothing to run home about.

Latest posts