What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

bluefox68

Staff member
So, Gareth Widdop wants to play in the NRL for half pay...

I prefer not to watch the Dwagons play. He looked okay, though, when they played us... LOL

Swap Chad for him...??!?

Special K

Coach
Benji has pulled himself out of the ESL deal. We kept Trindall, Cowboys have/are landed Widdop. I guess he is banking on the Dogs throwing him a last minute pay day. Ballsy.

ghoti

Bench
Benji has pulled himself out of the ESL deal. We kept Trindall, Cowboys have/are landed Widdop. I guess he is banking on the Dogs throwing him a last minute pay day. Ballsy.

I reckon his manager has f**ked him over pretty bad with this last deal...if he wanted to play should have taken the first offer he was given. Dogs might offer him a deal if they can't get Burton over early, but they're pushing and will get their man imo. Benji in limbo

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Bunji will keep himself fit and wait for someone to pick up an injury in the halves in the offseason or early rounds. Handy stop gap or back up but that’s about it

Chimp

Juniors
Absolute NO NO to Widdop from me - almost as beige as Chad, and arguably with worse hair....

Did nothing here for years, and he’s been as anonymous in SL which is a terrible standard.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Absolute NO NO to Widdop from me - almost as beige as Chad, and arguably with worse hair....

Did nothing here for years, and he’s been as anonymous in SL which is a terrible standard.

Thankfully can't see us going for any more halves as it is, maybe start developing some like that Rivett kid we picked up but we've got Chad, SJ when back, Trindall and Tracey plus Metcalf at a pinch.

Any big money we have to spend needs to be on a fullback, preferably Allan but that seems to have gone quiet. Fullback is easily our biggest deficiency, and considering how important a good fullback is it needs to be a priority imo.

Don't get me wrong we need to improve in the middle but I think for the most part we have the talent there it's more about application and coaching. Fullback we don't have the talent.

Latest posts