What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

soc123_au

Staff member
I just heard a horrible rumour we may be taking Packer off your hands. If true you all need to line up & give Ivan a long & lusty lick on the old bunghole. Isn't he on a ridiculous contract for the next year or two?

Strange, considering he tore strips off Ivan when he announced to the squad he was going back to the riff. Should also take Reynolds and that goes a long way to helping manage our roster he f**ked up.

Strange, considering he tore strips off Ivan when he announced to the squad he was going back to the riff. Should also take Reynolds and that goes a long way to helping manage our roster he f**ked up.

You know how it goes, Packer heads off to the club formerly known as smug, we end up paying most of his salary and he plays origin.

If we can get 400 out of it, we might be able to give Mansour his extra year or put it towards our spinal tap treasure chest

You know how it goes, Packer heads off to the club formerly known as smug, we end up paying most of his salary and he plays origin.

If we can get 400 out of it, we might be able to give Mansour his extra year or put it towards our spinal tap treasure chest

I would take 800 out of our cap if it meant I never had to see Packer in a Tigers jersey again. Not sure how he will go in Penrith, it gets cold at the foot of the mountains on a winter’s morning.

Tigerm

First Grade
He gets it wrong and even then it doesn't really matter. Unless we get something out of the money it's lunch money.
He does get it wrong occasionally, that's why I said "generally" he also has better contacts within the club than anyone on here, he also said we were going to use the money to try and get Daine Laurie released?
That may be an issue now that Naden has been suspended?

Anyway, it’s all irrelevant, Alioai made his position here untenable, we will need to replace him. Joffa was already in the works, so he wasn’t his replacement.

Last edited:

Crazyperpman

Juniors

Do they still have the same manager?

This is what needs to be Looked into, Ivan Cleary, Josh Reynolds and Russell Packer all share the same management. When player managers also manage coaches there is a whole new level of rorting possible and this is where the Tigers failed by blindly putting too much faith in the coach and not doing their due diligence during recruitment.

I would be seriously pissed if my club didn't re-sign Tamou and then signed Packer.

Luckily not our problem anymore and hopefully management has learned their lesson when the kitty is full again.

It was less than a couple of weeks ago that Lee carried on about him mowing the lawn for the year.

And most people here said

“ Come off the f**king grass Lee, we all know how these things end”

And then once again we release him without so much of a whimper.

I’m pleased we screwed Manly over, that’s right and proper but once again Lee makes yet another publicity blunder that creates false hopes and expectations.

Besides, we are one of the slimiest clubs around when it comes to contracted player theft. We have zero care for other clubs and their contracts with players we take a fancy.

Lee means well, but every time he utters a fighting word, we all know he’s holding the white flag behind his back.

Allo was a wanker on his way out. f**k him.

murraymob

Coach
Tigers know to get Laurie released they will need a player swap or money compensation .Packer is one the tigers threw up

Vic Mackey

Referee
I just heard a horrible rumour we may be taking Packer off your hands. If true you all need to line up & give Ivan a long & lusty lick on the old bunghole. Isn't he on a ridiculous contract for the next year or two?

this is actually the second time I’ve heard this today so it may have some validation. The word from a guy with proven Info on the other forum was that the clubs agreed to a Packer/DWZ swap last year, however Penrith changed their mind at the last minute, which ended up with DWZ going Dogs.

Packer has been such a weird one. His first 6 weeks of 2018 was phenomenal, we won 5 of 6 and he was probably our best player. Then he got a knee injury out for 6 weeks and since then he’s never been the same. His 2019 was horrendous, when he got dropped to nsw cup I watched a few of his games and he was close to the worst player on the field.

He apprarently got his body right this year and had a mix of pretty good and horrible games. Got suspended twice, then in our must win against the roosters he made 3 runs for 15ms in 50 minutes.

Prop is one position we’re fairly strong in, I assume he’s down the pecking order and Unlikley to see NRL. He’s only 31 though and off contract, funny things happen to players in contract year, just gotta look at the pics of BJs first day back to pre season this year compared to last to know how players react to it.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
this is actually the second time I’ve heard this today so it may have some validation. The word from a guy with proven Info on the other forum was that the clubs agreed to a Packer/DWZ swap last year, however Penrith changed their mind at the last minute, which ended up with DWZ going Dogs.

Packer has been such a weird one. His first 6 weeks of 2018 was phenomenal, we won 5 of 6 and he was probably our best player. Then he got a knee injury out for 6 weeks and since then he’s never been the same. His 2019 was horrendous, when he got dropped to nsw cup I watched a few of his games and he was close to the worst player on the field.

He apprarently got his body right this year and had a mix of pretty good and horrible games. Got suspended twice, then in our must win against the roosters he made 3 runs for 15ms in 50 minutes.

Prop is one position we’re fairly strong in, I assume he’s down the pecking order and Unlikley to see NRL. He’s only 31 though and off contract, funny things happen to players in contract year, just gotta look at the pics of BJs first day back to pre season this year compared to last to know how players react to it.
Yeah, I think he had other injurie as well, I remember Madge saying he has had a bad foot injury for a long while, I agree though at his best he is good and as you said it is contract year, though whatever happens, can't see the pay packet Ivan gave him happening again. He looked fir in those training shots.

Latest posts