What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

wazdog

Juniors
Because the Magpies have control of the club.

Be thankful that the West’s old boys haven’t got enough power to totally wipe the Tigers out of the brand.

Don't Wests Ashfiled own 90% of the club and have a majority on the board? I would say it could come down to a Tiger being more marketable than a Magpie?

Tigers1986

Juniors
Which moaners from the Inner City? Wests Ashfield?

No, the Rozelle mob. Can't rub two cents between them but want equal branding. Should've been killed off like North Sydney

Don't Wests Ashfiled own 90% of the club and have a majority on the board? I would say it could come down to a Tiger being more marketable than a Magpie?

Complete bollocks. AFL proves the magpie > tiger

MugaB

Coach
What's wrong with just having the classic Tiger colours for home, and Magpies for away? (With a splash of orange or black where relevant)
WESTS!!!! thats the problem, not the tigers, they want to be the "black" club
Just like storm is the "purple" club,
But they forget that there's no such thing as a black tiger, and that they could be the only "orange" club

wazdog

Juniors
No, the Rozelle mob. Can't rub two cents between them but want equal branding. Should've been killed off like North Sydney

LOL Collingwood didn't even register on my radar.

FYI member wise:

2020 CLUB MEMBERSHIP LADDER
1. West Coast Eagles — 100,776 (2019 tally: 90,445 | +11.2%)
2. Richmond — 100,420 (2019 tally: 103,358 | -2.8%)
3. Collingwood — 76,862 (2019 tally: 85,226 | -9.8%)

MugaB

Coach
Lol.. yeah, well don't get me started on that one hehehe. Especially how they've tended to wear it against the Tigers.
Im not sure that would have ever mattered, tigers have been either black or white anyway, they couldn't even have a fluro nines jesery like most of the other clubs, boring old black and white magpies

gzerounian

Juniors
Uninspiring and unimaginative tigers jerseys however I am willing to cut Steden some slack as it's their first year.

The Great Dane

First Grade
It’s only a matter of time before an old boys group at West’s get some sort of control of the club and push to rebrand as the Magpies.

None of the research or metrics will matter to them because they will be making the decision based totally on their emotions.

The Great Dane

First Grade

Honestly I don’t necessarily disagree with you. Too many chiefs has always been the Wests Tigers problem, so pissing one of the chiefs off probably wouldn’t be a bad thing in the long run.

But to suggest that Magpies are more marketable than Tigers is crazy, and even in the AFL Richmond is the biggest club in Melbourne.

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
Rather not talk about AFL, but both Collingwood and Richmond can claim to be the bigger club depending on what metric you use.

Whilst Richmond has more members than Collingwood (helps when you win the last 2 premierships), Collingwood makes more money from membership. Collingwood also get bigger sponsors and sell more merch. TV ratings alternate between the two YoY.

Whilst Richmond is considered the bigger club now by the like of Nielsen / etc, that was a position Collingwood held until 2018.

They are both big clubs and achieve metrics that a number of NRL clubs could only ever dream of, however I don't feel like either club's choice of animal has played a huge part in that.

It's rather sad that after 20 years, Wests Tigers still don't have a solid identity, still have the fractional infighting, still play at 100 grounds, and still don't know how they should recognise (or if they should) the Balmain & Western Suburbs parts of the club.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I remember back when I first heard that Wests and Balmain were merging, I just assumed that they would drop orange from their colour scheme and have a white tiger theme.

It just makes so much sense, both old clubs would have been well represented in the brand, it makes logical sense in the context of the brand, it’s a unique twist on a very common sports brand, etc, etc.

For whatever, probably very stupid, reasons, they didn’t do that back in the day, but it’d still be the happy medium if both parties were willing to be reasonable.

Last edited:

Klim

Juniors
Titans 2021 away jersey. Inspired by '2007'.

GTJRM21502_Front_776x.jpg
GTJRM21502_Back_776x.jpg

Latest posts