What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JAC

Fordy20

Juniors
With nofo, perhaps his interest in moving on is playing origin?
Maybe someone has been in his ear about if he played somewhere else he would have been a shoe in?

I think if its money, he will stay. We would be crazy to let him go, but again, hes a winger and wingers wont ever be $1mln players under the current salary cap.

It's no secret that Blues coaches don't pick Tigers players. Look at how long Buderus and Ennis played 9 when it clear Farah was better than both of them. They even picked Dean Young in front of him. Nofo will never get picked for Origin if he stays with us.

As for his supposed defensive issues, three years of having to defend outside Kevin Naiqama is bound to make anyone look bad. If he goes to a glamour club like the Storm or the Roosters, it won't take long for people to notice his defence isn't as bad as they thought, which they will attribute to the new coach and a different system, rather than his ability.

WA Tiger

Bench
It's no secret that Blues coaches don't pick Tigers players. Look at how long Buderus and Ennis played 9 when it clear Farah was better than both of them. They even picked Dean Young in front of him. Nofo will never get picked for Origin if he stays with us.

As for his supposed defensive issues, three years of having to defend outside Kevin Naiqama is bound to make anyone look bad. If he goes to a glamour club like the Storm or the Roosters, it won't take long for people to notice his defence isn't as bad as they thought, which they will attribute to the new coach and a different system, rather than his ability.
For the first half of last year and maybe before ? a lot of yous were thinking it was Nofos bad defence And he got it from all directions then for one particular bungle in the LHS corner after 05 and I checked the slow motion and saw that in fact it was Benji at fault...Then the love for Benji dropped off a cliff and for Nofo it headed north..I’ll agree that Benjis crap at defending but my point is it’s easy to get on any bandwagon - more referring to Nofos so called bad defence.
I honestly don’t check out defence as much as I should maybe Nofos defence is average .. just saying

Even the best can get sucked in under normal conditions but Yip tackling for 2 when there’s zero trust in the centre is mitigating circumstances

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I get the love for Nofo as he is a Tiger, wants to remain a Tiger and has done well with his try scoring ability. Now think back to how much we have bagged him for his defensive efforts over the years.

SOO player, never. Even next year if Fittler picks centres to play in the centre, Turbo Tom will be picked on the wing with JAC on the other. Tupou will be 3rd in line followed by Cotric, so I wouldn't be paying him SOO money because he hasn't and won't play SOO.
And I do remember you were at the head of the line ..(see above post )
Anyway admittedly Tupou is handy and JAC will play on the other wing ..The other 2 for Fittler you are prob right..but we know from watching some of Nofos plays this boys got some crazy skills Maybe wasted on the wing... including uncanny touch with his off the cuff kicking , long passing on the run eg the 15 m left side pass while at full pace to Garner when his left foot was planted and it hit Garners chest for T-R-Y (Try it it’s almost impossible), breaking tackles, an eye for the gap and tricking the hell out of defenders that some of those players can only dream of having ..

Leaving SOO aside The question is how much do we want to keep Nofo? and can we lure the same quality to WT for $450k if he leaves esp if we miss the top 8 again.Ok so we may hook mansaur for slightly less or thereabouts But it would be good to have two very good wingers..and we’ve got one already - to lose

He’s prob asking for $550. And we May need to see next year how it unfolds but Geez just tuck him away now and bend these new rules and “soo pay rules” a bit so we know he’s staying and we can avoid that sideshow..We are not a destination club yet. That should be a big consideration

Remember this is a guy that’s played for 2-3 years surrounded by players on close to a million a year who - compared to what he was doing - were having trouble working out which was the playing and non playing side of the chalk

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
If we leave Nofos contract unresolved theres every chance a Titans will offer crazy money to get him..and maybe even try him at fullback and make us look how shall we say “uncreative” who knows..and he will be gone ..imo we should meet him halfway now and get on with it ..

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
I get the love for Nofo as he is a Tiger, wants to remain a Tiger and has done well with his try scoring ability. Now think back to how much we have bagged him for his defensive efforts over the years.

SOO player, never. Even next year if Fittler picks centres to play in the centre, Turbo Tom will be picked on the wing with JAC on the other. Tupou will be 3rd in line followed by Cotric, so I wouldn't be paying him SOO money because he hasn't and won't play SOO.
Agreed.
Nofo is solid-to-above average without being great. He is loyal and tries hard which I admire.
Having said that, he gets caught out in defence - positionally and in the air, far too often to play rep.

Tigerm

First Grade

Perth Tiger

Bench
NRL 2020: Josh Addo-Carr to Bulldogs, Canterbury, contract, Melbourne Storm, Trent Barrett, Craig Bellamy | Fox Sports

Dogs offer is supposedly $500k per yr over 4 yrs?

I thought our first offer was more than that, (something like $750k/yr over 3 yrs if he can make FB his own?) I think someone is telling porkies.

You're right, $500K for JAC seems pretty under. I think $600-650K would be the rate for the best winger in the game that wants a shot, and has a decent chance of succeeding, at fullback.

League guru

Juniors
It will be a huge kick in the guts if JAC goes to the dogs. I don't understand how he was willing to come to Tigers this year but now he has to wait until 2021 he wants to go somewhere else? Can't be due to money given we are offering him more?
I can't believed the money being bandied around for JAC. It's not like he is some quality playmaker. At the end of the day he is just a scared little winger on the end of the Storm Machine. Needs people inside him to look good.

Tigerm

First Grade
I can't believed the money being bandied around for JAC. It's not like he is some quality playmaker. At the end of the day he is just a scared little winger on the end of the Storm Machine. Needs people inside him to look good.
Maybe, but I would rather have him than any other winger in the game.
But in saying that if he is going to give us a run around again, we should walk away quickly.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Beau Scott getting picked at center when Chris Lawrence was the best center in the game was beyond criminal

Tigerm

First Grade
NRL 2020: Josh Addo-Carr deal, Bulldogs, $2 million, Benji Marshall, Super League (news.com.au)

He had been putting feelers out in a move to Sydney to be closer to family, Addo-Carr was pursued by the Wests Tigers and Canterbury Bulldogs while South Sydney were also floated as a landing point.

Having made his debut for the Wests Tigers in 2016 before moving to the Storm, Addo-Carr has been forward about moving to fullback, with the position seen as a more lucrative position that on the wing.

The Daily Telegraphreported that Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis said that the club was now out of the running.

“We are only interested in engaging with players who want to come and play for us,” he said. “And if the perception is the player doesn’t wish to come to the Wests Tigers because their manager doesn’t engage with us, well, that is fine by us. I am not going to lose any sleep over it and we move on to greener pastures.”

The report also said the Newcastle Knights were making a surprise play for Addo-Carr as well.

Latest posts