What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Trek to return to the small screen.

Timbo

Staff member
3c9.gif

Timbo

Staff member
Also, suddenly makes sense why they randomly wrote Nhan off the show. It’d make no sense giving Tilly the gig (well even less f**king sense) if there was a full commander on the bridge.

This season is kind of breaking this show for me. It’s gone Star Trek: Burnham up to eleven and I’m now convinced that Martin-Green has it in her contract that she gets to whisper-cry at least twice an episode.

I feel like with the inane decision to make Tilly XO, Fonzie is strapping on his skis whilst the boat idles nearby.

bileduct

Coach
Also, suddenly makes sense why they randomly wrote Nhan off the show. It’d make no sense giving Tilly the gig (well even less f**king sense) if there was a full commander on the bridge.

This season is kind of breaking this show for me. It’s gone Star Trek: Burnham up to eleven and I’m now convinced that Martin-Green has it in her contract that she gets to whisper-cry at least twice an episode.

I feel like with the inane decision to make Tilly XO, Fonzie is strapping on his skis whilst the boat idles nearby.
Burnham only has three modes. Crying, whispering, talking very fast about technical stuff to show she is very, very, very, VERY smart.

lol... What about... "Oh, hi mum!"

Oh, and the "remember when I gave Spock all that guidance? LOOK WHAT HE DID WITH THAT!" moment.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
The fact they’ve now taken Spock, the most beloved character in the franchise history, and said ‘everything he did was because of Burnham’ is just a bridge too f**king far.

What’s next, we find out Kirk only joined Starfleet because he read about the legend of Michael Burnham?

bileduct

Coach
The fact they’ve now taken Spock, the most beloved character in the franchise history, and said ‘everything he did was because of Burnham’ is just a bridge too f**king far.

What’s next, we find out Kirk only joined Starfleet because he read about the legend of Michael Burnham?
Burnham makes a new time suit, goes back to the 1960s and convinces Gene Roddenberry to make Star Trek.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
What the f**k?

So let me get this straight. The Vulcan/Romulan whatevers had access to the SB-19 data all along, plus presumably they could have easily looked at the "black boxes" (or... "significant new evidence" as Burnham oddly puts it...) in their own ships and combined both sets of data together to pinpoint the exact origin of "the burn", but didn't think to do so and just assumed the entire time that they were the cause of "the burn" because... reasons. Logic Vulcan guy even says "Yo, we got shitloads of data, fool! Your analysis ain't worth shit!"

But then Discovery get their hands on the SB-19 data and BAM! Just like that they've pinpointed the source of "the burn." A Federation ship.

But the Vulcan/Romulan whatevers specifically said the SB-19 data conclusively proved the origin of "the burn", which is presumably true considering that Discovery used it to pinpoint the origin. So it would seem that the only plausible explanation is that a faction or factions within the Vulcan/Romulans whatever do know exactly what caused it and possibly even engineered it themselves to f**k the Federation off and they're just lying about it being caused by the SB-19 project.

So why do I get the feeling this won't actually end up being the case at all, and we're in for more time-travel/mirror universe f**kery where either Discovery itself is the origin, or it's Georgiou in some Section31/Mirror Universe shittery?

Also... The distress signal coming from a Federation ship with an encoded message. Why the f**k does Adira have to write an algorithm to decode it? Surely other Federation ships would be automatically able to decode distress signal messages? This just seemed like horseshit to delay the main plot while we get distracted with other nonsense.

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee

I'm deeply offended.

Timbo

Staff member
Can anyone explain why mirror Georgiou, who we have established is quite literally cannibal space Hitler, is still just allowed to hang around on the ship cracking jokes about how she’d like to kill the crew and enslave their children?

I really don’t get why Saru or Vance hasn’t at the very least ordered her off the ship if not had her put on trial for genocide and gaoled.

bileduct

Coach
Can anyone explain why mirror Georgiou, who we have established is quite literally cannibal space Hitler, is still just allowed to hang around on the ship cracking jokes about how she’d like to kill the crew and enslave their children?

I really don’t get why Saru or Vance hasn’t at the very least ordered her off the ship if not had her put on trial for genocide and gaoled.
It's wild, isn't it.

What I find funnier is the kind of fans who absolutely adore her while going on about how great the show is for its progressive values. "Hey, she makes funny quips and now we're seeing her vulnerability! That makes her ok."

Yeah, if Hitler survived WW2 and explored his daddy issues he would have been a great guy to have a beer with!

bileduct

Coach
Well if you read the reddits these days some important bits from the upcoming two part episode have pretty much been spoiled, and I gotta say I am pretty apprehensive about what appears to be happening.

It's pretty disappointing that this series just refuses to go in their own direction even when they're in the 32nd century. Trying to link everything back to something that happened in earlier series in an attempt to tell these layered stories is just getting annoying beyond belief. Just one memberberry after another.

It also looks like this is the setup for the Section 31 series. It sounds to me like it's either going to be based in the Mirror Universe or the f**kery that's about to take place in the next two episodes will result in the original Georgiou being brought back to life, perhaps in a new timeline. I f**king hope not in both cases because I am thoroughly sick of this multiverse shit that is plaguing every franchise right now.

So with Discovery being picked up for a fourth season, Picard being picked up for a second season and both Strange New Worlds and whatever the Section 31 show is going to be called as well as an unnamed live action show all in pre-production, it looks like the CBS strategy here is to keep pumping out new Star Trek all year round so people don't cancel their streaming subscriptions at season's end and renew when it comes back.

Normally I wouldn't be opposed to more Star Trek, but not in the hands of f**knuckles like Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman, the f**kin jerkoffs.

Last edited:

jargan83

Coach
You left out Star Trek: Prodigy where they're bringing back Kate Mulgrew as Captain/Admiral Janeway, unless that's the unnamed series you spoke about.

bileduct

Coach
You left out Star Trek: Prodigy where they're bringing back Kate Mulgrew as Captain/Admiral Janeway, unless that's the unnamed series you spoke about.
Nah I didn't include Prodigy or Lower Decks because I generally don't care about cartoons, but yeah I guess they should be included on the list of franchise oversaturation.

bileduct

Coach
Man, I really, really don't like Sonequa Martin-Green as an actress.

Mirror Burnham sucks just as much as Prime Burnham does.

Also, lol at the logic of sending Prime Burnham on the mission with Georgiou. The Admiral is worried she won't be able to do what's needed and is all like "oh yeah, well you hesitated to flush Airiam out the airlock" not to mention that the only reason Georgiou was in the Prime universe was because Burnham got all emotional about having to leave her behind. If Vance really wanted to dispense of Georgiou, Burnham is the last person he should be sending with her.

And of course what's the first thing Burnham does when Georgiou realises she has to walk through the door? "Naw, f**k that shit, we're going home!"

Also, the distress signal from the Kelpian ship in the nebula. Can someone explain to me again why Adira needed to write some complex algorithm to decode it, wasting all that time? A general distress signal. From a Federation ship. Being received by another Federation ship which would presumably have access to Federation encryption algorithms, especially since they have more information in their ship's computer than 32nd century Federation has in theirs.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Anyone notice how the comm badge on the time soldier changed between the episode 9 preview and episode 9 itself?

I thought that was a bit weird how they had him in a season 1-2 TNG uniform with a post-TNG era comm badge. Looks like they did a little post-post-production to match up the uniform with the proper TNG comm badge at the very last minute.

Timbo

Staff member
I just can't get behind the Georgiou plotline. She's literally f**king space Hitler, but Saru is saying he's learned from her and Tilly is hugging her goodbye.

It's absolutely bonkers, I just don't buy it and I'm not accepting it at all. I absolutely hate this plotline.

bileduct

Coach
I just can't get behind the Georgiou plotline. She's literally f**king space Hitler, but Saru is saying he's learned from her and Tilly is hugging her goodbye.

It's absolutely bonkers, I just don't buy it and I'm not accepting it at all. I absolutely hate this plotline.
Looks to me like they're setting up a babyface turn for Georgiou where she suddenly realises genocide is bad, mmkay. The Section 31 show is definitely happening with Michelle Yeoh in it, and according to Klutzman it's in a setting that will surprise everyone, which seems to be hinting at the Mirror Universe.

Unless there's more time travel f**kery where Prime Georgiou gets saved somehow, it looks like Hitler Georgiou is going to become a good guy.