What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Draw

Draws out.
I'll work on it now.
Titans round 1 Mt Smart apparently March 13th

Round Opponent Locations Day Time AEST
Rd1 Titans: Mt Smart Saturday 3pm
Rd2 Knights: Mt Smart Friday 6pm

Rd3 Raiders: GIO Saturday 3pm
Rd4 Roosters: SCG Sunday 6.15pm
Rd5 Manly: Mt Smart Friday 6pm
Rd6 Dragons: Jubilee Sunday 2pm
Rd7 Storm: AAMI Sunday 2pm
Rd8 Cowboys: Mt Smart Sunday 6.15pm
Rd9 Manly: Lottoland Sunday 2pm
Rd10 Eels: Mt Smart Sunday 1.50pm
Rd11 Tigers: Mt Smart Friday 6pm

Rd12 Cowboys: Townsville Friday 6pm
Rd13 BYE
Rd14 Storm: Mt Smart Sunday 2pm

Rd15 Knights: Newcastle Saturday 3pm
Rd16 Dragons: Mt Smart Friday 6pm
Rd17 Sharks: Jubilee Sunday 4.05pm
Rd18 Panthers: Mt Smart Sunday 2pm
Rd19 Rabbitohs: Sunshine Coast Saturday 3pm
Rd20 Tigers: Bankwest Friday 6pm
Rd21 Sharks: Mt Smart Saturday 3pm
Rd22 Bulldogs: Mt Smart Sunday 2pm

Rd23 Broncos: Suncorp Sunday 4.05pm
Rd24 Raiders: Mt Smart Friday 6pm
Rd25 Titans: Cbus Sunday 2pm

Interesting we have home games listed and good to see some back to back home games for the players.

The vaccine is on its way, predicted to be around March, it will be interesting to see NZ policy about letting people in or sports teams.
I am also not sure if the young fits sports players will be priority vs elderly and front line workers.

Last edited:
Teams they play twice
Titans, Knights, Raiders, Sea Eagles, Dragons, Storm, Cowboys, Wests Tigers, Sharks.

Teams they play once
Roosters, Eels, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Bulldogs, Broncos.

Day-by-day breakdown
Thursday - 0, Friday - 7, Saturday - 5, Sunday - 12.

Turnarounds
5 days – 3, 6 days – 4, 7+ days – 16

tp21-draw-warriors-v4-4x5.jpg

Benek

Juniors
Home field is still very much TBD. May not end up in NZ at all. Only works if there is free flow in both directions at the border, and I'm not too confident that will be happening before March.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
That looks like a fairly decent draw for us.
I can see us going 6-8 wins out of those first 10.
I'd be more than happy with 7 wins in that first stretch

Diesel

Referee
What’s with a 1:50pm KO against the Eels at Mt Smart?

EDIT. Magic round in BrisVegas

LeagueNut

First Grade
Looking forward to Round 21 most of all - could be the first visit to Mt Smart by Princess Johnson in enemy colours.

Diesel

Referee
I haven’t read all the details but why can a rugby team from Australia enter NZ but the Warriors players and staff cannot enter NZ?

f**k rugby and their favouritism in NZ

LeagueNut

First Grade
https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2021/03/06/club-extends-stay-in-australia/

Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George has today confirmed the club has been forced to extend the NRL team’s stay in Australia until June 21.

The decision means the Vodafone Warriors’ first possible home game at Mount Smart Stadium this season will now be their 16th-round match against St George Illawarra on Friday, July 2.

Bugger :(
Fingers tightly crossed for July though!!

jargan83

Coach
Couldn't see comments on the main board (granted I didn't look very hard) but a lot of respect from myself and I'm sure many other Rugby League fans around Australia for what the players and staff at the Warriors are doing to ensure the competition goes ahead.

4 months away from family and friends is a tough pill to swallow but they're getting on with it.

Hopefully it all settles down a bit as vaccination schemes roll out on both sides of the ditch and the Warriors can stay at home from July onwards.

LeagueNut

First Grade
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wa...extended-by-three-months-20210306-p578cx.html

Warriors officials are hatching a bold $2.5 million plan to host up to 20 NRL games in New Zealand next year in a bid to win back rugby league-starved fans.

George has reached out to investors to help the Warriors “buy” away games and entice rival clubs to play in different parts of New Zealand. NRL clubs make about $250,000 by taking home games to regional centres, interstate or overseas.

“I’ve already started discussing with certain NRL clubs whether they would consider selling us their home game to come to New Zealand next year,” George said. “I’m trying to build a portfolio of games to play in New Zealand next year and get as many as we can to play over there.

“We play 10 home games here in New Zealand next year, plus the Magic Round in Brisbane. But I’d love to buy as many away games from the Australian-based clubs and play a minimum 16 NRL games here. We’d love up to 20 games.”

George also wanted the NRL to schedule as many Warriors games in the 6pm Friday timeslot (8pm and prime time in New Zealand) as possible.

George has started sounding out New Zealand-based companies about becoming commercial partners to help with the concept.

Purchasing 10 away game would set the Warriors back about $2.5 million to $3 million. Instead of covering the Warriors’ travel costs, the NRL would pick up the tab for teams flying the other way. The Warriors are losing about $300,000 for each game not played at Mt Smart Stadium during their time on the road.

A lot of people have suggested this and it's great to see the club isn't sitting on its hands, hopefully we get some good outcomes.

Also for next year, I'd love to see a home game scheduled for the first Matariki holiday on Friday 24 June. That could become an annual tradition for us, make it a big celebration game, wear a special jersey, etc.

Latest posts