What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangs

Coach
Does anyone really think banjo or Widdop are going to accept back up roles .they believe they are starters
Keep burton here no releases for any of them .I want to win next year not wait 17 more years for the next crop of kids remember the last lot and the ones before them and before them .Lets win now
The glory is ours

I think Benji would. He has conceded as much.

Widdop is far from reserve grade however.

betcats

Referee
Widdop is desperate to be here, he’s leaving a shit load of money on the table just to come back if he isn’t getting offers he will take whatever he can get.

Benji is 35 abs he was two steps off the pace defensively last season. He’s still got try assists in him but he comes up with those because he is constantly pushing risky passes and kicks trying come up with big plays, he shoots his side in the foot often with the ball in hand.

betcats

Referee
Widdop would be a great addition, but he’s a genuine starter, not a backup.

What clubs does he start at? Broncos, bulldogs for a year if they don’t get Burton early, where else? The tigers probably and st George. He is coming to be with his kids so he’s probably looking to be in Sydney.

What clubs does he start at? Broncos, bulldogs for a year if they don’t get Burton early, where else? The tigers probably and st George. He is coming to be with his kids so he’s probably looking to be in Sydney.

That’s quite a few clubs. All I’m saying is I don’t see why he’d come here when he could start somewhere else.

The_Frog

First Grade
$300K a year screams Roosters.

betcats

Referee
That’s quite a few clubs. All I’m saying is I don’t see why he’d come here when he could start somewhere else.

why would he come here and give up 1.2m(according to Tele)? It’s not about football or even money it’s about being with his children.

He’s definitely good enough to start but whether he could actually get a starting spot is another question. You have to consider clubs Salary cap, what halves they are already investing in. What teams are going to move someone out of the way to give him a starting spot at 31, he’s good but he’s been at the dragons for a long time before this year so he’s not that good. It’s definitely worth talking to him I think, stranger things have happened than Widdop being a reserve grader.

why would he come here and give up 1.2m(according to Tele)? It’s not about football or even money it’s about being with his children.

He’s definitely good enough to start but whether he could actually get a starting spot is another question. You have to consider clubs Salary cap, what halves they are already investing in. What teams are going to move someone out of the way to give him a starting spot at 31, he’s good but he’s been at the dragons for a long time before this year so he’s not that good. It’s definitely worth talking to him I think, stranger things have happened than Widdop being a reserve grader.

We don’t have 300k for a reserve half, that money is much more important for a centre, Leniu & Crichton.

If we really need a reserve half that much, just don’t release Burton, plus we have May who could fill in.

Sime_11

Juniors
nab Widdop = play him at centre and he relieves Clez during Origin period = worth the punt whatever the cost - either Clez or Luai go down injured in 2021 = justifies chasing Widdop even more

betcats

Referee
We don’t have 300k for a reserve half, that money is much more important for a centre, Leniu & Crichton.

If we really need a reserve half that much, just don’t release Burton, plus we have May who could fill in.

If we release Burton we definitely need another half on the books. 300k isn’t very much, he wouldn’t even be our highest paid reserve grader.

nab Widdop = play him at centre and he relieves Clez during Origin period = worth the punt whatever the cost - either Clez or Luai go down injured in 2021 = justifies chasing Widdop even more

He’s played 2 games of centre in his entire career, both in 2010. Strikes me as a bit of a stretch to buy him as a centre.

If we release Burton we definitely need another half on the books. 300k isn’t very much, he wouldn’t even be our highest paid reserve grader.

300k is quite a bit for us, our cap is very tight from all indications.

Maybe once you’ve signed all the key guys, if there’s 300k left over. But it shouldn’t be a priority.

betcats

Referee
300k is quite a bit for us, our cap is very tight from all indications.

Maybe once you’ve signed all the key guys, if there’s 300k left over. But it shouldn’t be a priority.

Yeah I’m not saying to chase him at the expense of any of our players re-signing but if Burton demands to get out early or of the dogs offer a really great deal for him that doesn’t give us a back up half we could much worse than pay 300k for Widdop. Like what kind of Half does 200k get you? Probably Not someone you can rely on even as a back up unless you get lucky on a young guy. Laurie and Burton plus Mansour all could be off the books before next year so there is some potential space there that we could use.

Sime_11

Juniors
He’s played 2 games of centre in his entire career, both in 2010. Strikes me as a bit of a stretch to buy him as a centre.

defends well, runs well with ball in hand (can be a handful to stop), quicker than the other centre's we currently have available - good trainer, another voice for the leadership group

value for money if at the right price...

BxTom

Bench
Widdop is desperate to be here, he’s leaving a shit load of money on the table just to come back if he isn’t getting offers he will take whatever he can get.

Benji is 35 abs he was two steps off the pace defensively last season. He’s still got try assists in him but he comes up with those because he is constantly pushing risky passes and kicks trying come up with big plays, he shoots his side in the foot often with the ball in hand.
Somebody leaked training ground issues to the press. Two days later Tigers sack him (Benji). We don't want that crap happening here.

FWIW apparently Zac Cini was seen at Penrith headquarters yesterday. Highly rated panthers Jnr outside back who Ivan brought to the Tigers. Wonder if that’s the swap with Laurie?

Does he play centre? And if he’s highly rated how come he hasn’t debuted for the tigers?

Edit: looked at hid highlights, he does play centre. Might make some sense as a swap.

betcats

Referee
FWIW apparently Zac Cini was seen at Penrith headquarters yesterday. Highly rated panthers Jnr outside back who Ivan brought to the Tigers. Wonder if that’s the swap with Laurie?

Sounds likely, he is a winger from memory so it would make sense.

@franklin2323 used to mention this guy a bit, I don’t know much about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts