What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JAC

Tigerm

First Grade
I reckon JAC is easily worth that money. I'd love to have him playing on the left wing for that money. He is a quality player.

Still I reckon Lee is 100% right. We can't play games with these players and their managers.
Though he could be playing the Bennett game, where No means Yes:joy:

stryker

First Grade
I can't believed the money being bandied around for JAC. It's not like he is some quality playmaker. At the end of the day he is just a scared little winger on the end of the Storm Machine. Needs people inside him to look good.
Scared?
He puts his body on the line as much as any forward.
Blinding speed, aggressive and makes shit happen.
Is easily a 600k player

stryker

First Grade
It will be a huge kick in the guts if JAC goes to the dogs. I don't understand how he was willing to come to Tigers this year but now he has to wait until 2021 he wants to go somewhere else? Can't be due to money given we are offering him more?
He only used this club for leverage.
You don’t attract Kangaroo reps unless they are walking into an established team.

Vozzy

Juniors
So far this offseason the Tigers have offered targets who want a club change a price they think they are worth. They also seem not to budge if another club offers more. Like we could have offered JAC the Roberts money on top of what the offered JAC. They obviously are trying not to pay overs aswell as having to many large contracts at once.

With us still having Packer and Reynolds on the books its hard for them to do this. This offseason it seems like we have bought exprience for low value and when 2021 is over we can have a good shot at getting young players with potential who are stuck. Kinda like the Knights did getting rid of heaps of players then got Ponga and Bulldogs got rid of the likes of Grahem, tolmen, Foran and werr able to get both Cotric and maybe JAC.

But the Bulldogs seem like they are going to spend 1.4million on 2 wingers. They are good players but they havent got forwards now.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
No loss imo but you have got to wonder who changed his mind about coming to us, apparently had a heads of agreement at all. Everything changed after origin

we need a dummy half (Liddle and Simpkins still unknown) and a #1 much more than a winger

BrotherJim05

Bench
It's really not then end of the world missing out on JAC, but it really does make you wonder how the f**k we missed out on him when the team that came 2nd last can beat us to a kangaroo level player for less money?

Likely reasons:
  • They have promised him TPAs we simply couldn't match
  • They haven't put any clauses around positional play in his contract
  • Bulldogs have made the grand final twice in the last 10 years. Despite their poor ladder position they are a very well run club
As annoyed as I am, we will continue to be a club to which players expect overs until we start making finals.

Front-Rower

First Grade
It's really not then end of the world missing out on JAC, but it really does make you wonder how the f**k we missed out on him when the team that came 2nd last can beat us to a kangaroo level player for less money?

Likely reasons:
  • Bulldogs have made the grand final twice in the last 10 years. Despite their poor ladder position they are a very well run club
As annoyed as I am, we will continue to be a club to which players expect overs until we start making finals.

Maybe because they have made the finals 9 times in the last 20 years including 3 grand finals? He probably thinks they have more chance of turning around then us.

Tigerm

First Grade

Likely reasons:
I think it was purely money, from my understanding, our club puts a value on a player and won’t go over it, also I don’t think we do TPA’s, but we should?

stryker

First Grade
This doesn't make sense. You gotta be rational dude. Canterbury are worse than us but they signed him.
LMAO. you heard the news and raced on here to have a crack at a post I made two weeks ago?
Pretty petty, if not gutless.
On topic, I was wrong. He signed with an unestablished team that have finished lower than us for three years running. That is surprising and doesn’t portray this club in a great light. We’ll see what his explanation is moving forward.

macnaz

Staff member

Likely reasons:
. Extra reason , He has already played for us and coaching and management treated him like a merkin and he doesnt feel the need to go through that again.

axl rose

Bench

Likely reasons:

Actually they are a shambles worse than us on the field and at board level. Paying massive overs for two wingers. One that thinks hes a center and one who thinks hes a fullback.

92df05fc08c6b30b0d002c379c17c01adbfe7392

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Actually they are a shambles worse than us on the field and at board level. Paying massive overs for two wingers. One that thinks hes a center and one who thinks hes a fullback.

92df05fc08c6b30b0d002c379c17c01adbfe7392
Plus a new coach with not good credentials and a whole new coaching staff, will be interesting.

Latest posts