What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squad for 2021

BrotherJim05

Bench
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/11/05/wests-tigers-2021-nrl-squad/

WESTS TIGERS 2021 NRL SQUAD

PLAYER CONTRACT
Shawn Blore 2021 2022 2023
Kane Bradley 2021
Luke Brooks 2021 2022 2023
Michael Chee Kam 2021
Zac Cini 2021
Adam Doueihi 2021 2022 2023
Luke Garner 2021 2022
Asu Kepaoa 2021 2022 2023
Daine Laurie 2022 2023
Joey Leilua 2021 2022 (CO)
Luciano Leilua 2021 2022
Jacob Liddle 2021
Jock Madden 2021
Moses Mbye 2021 2022
Thomas Mikaele 2021
Paul Momirovski 2021 2022 (PO)
Zane Musgrove 2021
David Nofoaluma 2021
Joe Ofahengaue 2021 2022 2023
Russell Packer 2021
Josh Reynolds 2021
James Roberts 2021 2022 (CO)
Alex Seyfarth 2021
Jake Simpkin 2021 2022
Tommy Talau 2021 2022
James Tamou 2021 2022
Alex Twal 2021 2022
Stefano Utoikamanu 2021 2022 2023
Billy Walters 2021

2 to get

I'm hearing Penrith are about to release Mansour and Laurie, who will both sign on with us for this year - completing the top 30.

There are other rumours afoot (Garner to Manly, Packer to Penrith) but they will likely be direct player swaps.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/11/09/wests-tigers-confirm-2021-football-department/

Wests Tigers confirm 2021 Football Department

Wests Tigers 2021 Football Department

• Adam Hartigan — General Manager – Football
    • Michael Maguire — NRL Head Coach
    • Shane Millard — NRL Assistant Coach
    • Wayne Collins — NRL Assistant Coach
    • Andrew Gray — Head of Performance
    • Matthew Jay — NRL Performance Coach
    • Aaron Sculli — NRL Performance Coach
    • James Wright — NRL Football Manager and Leadership Consultant
Now a mentor for the outside backs.

Timana Tahu, the newest addition to the Wests Tigers coaching staff, predicts he won’t have new recruit James Roberts at his disposal for the entire 2021 regular season.

“He should be the NSW centre next year,” Tahu said.

Tahu has just joined Michael Maguire’s brains trust as a coach and mentor to the club’s outside backs. The dual international will bring with him all the experience he garnered during an illustrious playing career that included stints with NSW and Australia, and a premiership with Newcastle.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ta...and-regain-origin-jumper-20201205-p56kvg.html

Interesting, anything to help.

I'm hearing Penrith are about to release Mansour and Laurie, who will both sign on with us for this year - completing the top 30.

There are other rumours afoot (Garner to Manly, Packer to Penrith) but they will likely be direct player swaps.
Direct player swap? assume that’s Packer for Mansour as the $$$’s from Manly for JA goes to Penrith for Laurie. Who is the direct swap from Manly for Garner?

I would prefer to let the young guys fight over the wing spot as I don’t see Mansour as being of much benefit.

Last edited:

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Everything I've read/seen has us showing absolutely no interest in Mansour. The club wants Talau & Kepaoa to have first crack at wing spots. Nofo has obviously got one sown up & they don't wan't to lose promising juniours so a veteran can get another year or two in top grade, especially one that isn't even from our club. Hopefully we've learned our lesson from JAC & Pap's.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I can't see us doing any deals to get rid of Packer or Reynolds. If they had more than one year remaining on their deals then it would make sense, but we've just got to grin & bear it next season. Who knows we might even get a bit of effort out of Packer next season as he's playing for a contract. Then say see you later on October 31st 2021.

The Rosco

Bench
I can't see us doing any deals to get rid of Packer or Reynolds. If they had more than one year remaining on their deals then it would make sense, but we've just got to grin & bear it next season. Who knows we might even get a bit of effort out of Packer next season as he's playing for a contract. Then say see you later on October 31st 2021.
. . . I always enjoy your level-headed and calm thoughts, Mr R.
But with this arvo's rumours . . . . this one is apparently and eerily askew.
Mate, can you please make a post that me and the Mrs WON"T win a couple of Christmas hams at the raffle tomorrow night ?
Cheers.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Mate, can you please make a post that me and the Mrs WON"T win a couple of Christmas hams at the raffle tomorrow night ?
Cheers.
Hahahahaha, I just saw the Reynolds rumour, great news if true. He'd be mad not to take it. He'll struggle to get game time with us this season. After another year out of the limelight you would have to think they're wouldn't be any clubs willing to throw a Multi year contract at him. I can live with us tipping in a bit of money this year only, if we were contributing coin for all three years (which I don't believe we would do or are doing) it'd be madness. Anyways good luck to him. He was a terrible signing, not his fault. Injuries & panic buying by Ivan were at fault. You could never accuse him of not trying though.

Also, yourself & the Mrs will definitely not be winning any sort of Xmas meaty goodness.

Tiger05

First Grade
Cheers.

I'd like some posts stating the Tigers don't have a chance of winning the comp. This is like 05 all over again.

Apparently Musgrove, but I think it’s bullshit.
I saw that in the Sunday paper, chasing longer contract. Madge gave him a chance and I thought he was Madge fan but can’t blame the guy chasing some security (not that there’s such a thing in RL).

BrotherJim05

Bench
I personally don't see Musgrove in our 1-17. FMD he's Eisenhuth 2.0. Solid depth player - can hold his weight in the middle of the field but not really going to be the difference in us winning the forward battle. I hate to say it but Aloai was our soldier that would break the enemy lines wide open...hopefully with the leadership of Tamoa we will see Mikale, Stefano and Blore stepping up to really bring it to the oppoistion. I want to see some f**king blood, BLOOD I TELL YOU!

But anyway, back to Musgrove, I heard it's a deal for 2022 onwards at the Dragons. He will provide solid depth for 2021 then Packer will no longer be on the books so we can throw some decent cash at a much better forward.

Not gonna lose any sleep on this one

Latest posts