What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

I just heard a horrible rumour we may be taking Packer off your hands. If true you all need to line up & give Ivan a long & lusty lick on the old bunghole. Isn't he on a ridiculous contract for the next year or two?

Surely Ivan wouldn't be stupid enough to entertain that?

stryker

First Grade
You like all of us have (and will not have) no idea what the undisclosed fee was unless the club or Manly tell us.

The POM, who generally gives pretty information said it was 6 figures, I am happy to go with that, unless you have better information.
Who is the POM?

Tigerm

First Grade
Who is the POM?
I am not sure who or what he does for the WT's, but his info is generally pretty good. He occasionally comes on the WT's site, with info, he said of Aloiai:

Can’t disclose the amount but is 6 figures.
Now the plan is to throw part of that at Panthers in a bid to release Laurie.
Laurie is the next priority so we can have a full off season with future spin.
Musgrove also offered new 2 year deal.

Tigerm

First Grade
With Reynolds going, we now need 3 spots filled, got a bit of money, but not sure there is a lot to spend it on?

edit: counted Laurie, so only 3 spots required, hard to keep up.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
With Reynolds going, we now need 4 spots filled, got a bit of money, but not sure there is a lot to spend it on?

There isn't many players available but I'd rather have the funds available. You never know who is going to become available as well.

Shredder

Juniors
We need to spend I think 95% of the cap or we get fined. If we go manage to offload Reynolds, and given the time of the year, the club may want to hold onto Packer to prevent the fine.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Would be classic Wests Tigers irony if we got a fine for not spending all of our cap.

I don't see it happening as the last option available is to just front load current players salaries and have even more room for 2022

Shredder

Juniors
Well thats good news. Im not sure hes going to turn into a superstar, but at least hes a recognized 1.

If the Hastings talk is correct then we are looking as good as can be expected going into this year.

Tiger05

First Grade
That is awesome news regarding Laurie. We now have some depth at fullback. Who knows Laurie may get the spot sooner rather than later.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I am sad to see the end of Momo, but honestly this does help out our squad in general a f**kton

I’m the same. Momirovski never really got a chance with us, I think he’ll have a good first grade career. BJ and Jet obviously have a much higher ceiling but can also be absolutely horrible.

It does make sense in that Laurie is a spine player and plays what is our weakest position, however I’m not sure he is ready for a full time 1 gig in the NRL. Plus getting him just 5 weeks prior to round 1 isn’t exactly ideal for combos.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I’m the same. Momirovski never really got a chance with us, I think he’ll have a good first grade career. BJ and Jet obviously have a much higher ceiling but can also be absolutely horrible.

It does make sense in that Laurie is a spine player and plays what is our weakest position, however I’m not sure he is ready for a full time 1 gig in the NRL. Plus getting him just 5 weeks prior to round 1 isn’t exactly ideal for combos.

He will 100% play a lot of first grade at penrith as Ivan was a massive fan. It just depends if Nathans best mate May gets favouritism.

Also yeah but 5 weeks isn't an insane amount of time . He'd still have the fitness and stuff behind him just team bonding takes a few weeks

super_coach

First Grade
I liked Momo but bottom line we have a bag full of centre’s at our club and very few halves and fullbacks. So basically it was a no brainer. Laurie can do a job at no1, but 6 might be his home in a season or two. He is very green so I guess he is a work in progress. The very little of what I have seen of him he seems similar to Kennedy at the Sharks and he goes alright for a kid

Tiger Ted

Bench
Well thats good news. Im not sure hes going to turn into a superstar, but at least hes a recognized 1.

If the Hastings talk is correct then we are looking as good as can be expected going into this year.
Even if Laurie turned out to be average(fact is this kid is a gun) then he would still be light yrs ahead of Mbye.

This signing underscores the dilemma the club continues to endure that the most expensive player in the squad & IMO the most inept doesn’t make the 17.

Latest posts