What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doueihi to 5/8

Vic Mackey

Referee

Good move IMO

He played strongly there in the last round and will compliment Brooks well. Him and Brooks are both locked up for a few years so will finally be good to have some stability in the halves.

Also says Mbye will likely go to 1 however if Laurie comes not sure what that means for him, likely bench I’m guessing

Tigerm

First Grade

Good move IMO

He played strongly there in the last round and will compliment Brooks well. Him and Brooks are both locked up for a few years so will finally be good to have some stability in the halves.

Also says Mbye will likely go to 1 however if Laurie comes not sure what that means for him, likely bench I’m guessing
That's if Laurie makes it?

Tiger05

First Grade
To me it's a no brainer to go with Doueihi at 6. Mbye goes to 1 and hopefully he kills it there. If we get Laurie that would be awesome. We should ease him into the rol.

Mbye would be a great utility plus it'd be easy to get rid of him or just offer him a contract in that role going forward for fair value. He could kill it at 1 though. He was good there apart from having a case of the dropsies regularly. If he fixes that he may have a good season.

I think if AD goes to 6 and Laurie comes in you still need Mbye in the team. Maybe he plays 9 with Liddle at 14. Otherwise we are screwed of Brooks gets injured during a game as we have no ball players in the side.

Tigerm

First Grade
You'd think it would be Mbye playing at 6 for rd 1 - or maybe that Jock Madden guy?
Agree with Mbye, I would like to see Madden get a go, but the first 4 rounds (there all important, I know) are really hard games, so I think we should have our best squad on the park, Madden will get a run at stage I expect.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I think if AD goes to 6 and Laurie comes in you still need Mbye in the team. Maybe he plays 9 with Liddle at 14. Otherwise we are screwed of Brooks gets injured during a game as we have no ball players in the side.
Surely ur not implying that brooks has any ball playing ability.Conversely Doueihi will surprise fans with his football smarts playing at 6.He has all the traits of a long term leader at Concord.

Pezz70

Juniors
Been saying Douehi should be 5/8 for months. Now Josh Reynolds is gone we can go to market for a proper fullback and Mbye can play off the bench. Mbye on the bench is a really really good option. I know he is on the big bucks but he can cover the whole backline and hooker in a crunch. Has great value as a number 14

His attributes are best suited for a 6. Got a slick pass on him, defends reasonably in the line. Rangy too, should be able to hit a gap or too and get his outside men away.