What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

murraymob

Coach
All over reacting, to the point where we only have two actual props if Zane and Leniu leave, that being JFH and Leota, as much as both Zane and Packer have had pasts, they have had good games between them over the past few seasons, i'd be upset if we are left skinny in the forwards, due to past behavioural standards, everyone should have a chance to redeem themselves, not just be painted by the same moral brush, we've already moved on Tamou, mr squeeky clean, we need some mongrel, Zane, Leniu, Leota all produce that, im actually looking forward to seeing who else will get recruited that has grunt, and if it's Packer I'm all for it
Are you on the retention committee come on Ivan confess .The mongrel you talk about could well be gone .Are we still looking good

Cheers.
As MX said a broken down Hetherington at the end of his career.

There was something else I had heard he has been struggling with headaches from concussions and could be possibly medically retired. Comes from someone who usually gets good oil, haven't heard too much about it of late though so maybe he has come good from that.

murraymob

Coach
Are we that desperate we want to sign packer .he last had a good season 2 years ago .We know he is injury prone how can he be a good signing

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He's had plenty of time to get right. Spent a lot of time in reggies at times because I don't think Madge sees him as a first choice prop.

Our injuries and rehab appear to be better than years gone. For a period we were f**king hopeless and I think it corresponded with Dr. Death's time at the club. Although we are based in demountables until our COE is completed (which I believe is late next year,) I would wager that we are probably renting other facilities in the meantime.

Fair enough. Packer is an interesting one. If the club chooses to buy him, (and I say a big if) I won't question (because that's how I roll lol)

If so bad, why hasn't he been medically retired ?

All interesting thoughts.

I think Blade said we were in the market for another forward cheap for depth, would Packer be this player.

Many corners to turn before side for 2021 is clear.

Not even back for pre-season. When will that start I wonder ?

Maybe Billy Burns bought into 2nd row and someone moved to be prop is also a though. Matty E could slot in too.

Fun times.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Added to that Nathan Taylor tweeted some hours ago that it looked like Tet would go to ESL.

Nathan said no deal done as yet.

Seriously I have nothing. LOL

Fair enough. Packer is an interesting one. If the club chooses to buy him, (and I say a big if) I won't question (because that's how I roll lol)

If so bad, why hasn't he been medically retired ?

All interesting thoughts.

I think Blade said we were in the market for another forward cheap for depth, would Packer be this player.

Many corners to turn before side for 2021 is clear.

Not even back for pre-season. When will that start I wonder ?

Maybe Billy Burns bought into 2nd row and someone moved to be prop is also a though. Matty E could slot in too.

Fun times.

Eisenhuth can fill in at prop in a pinch if you're short on front rowers. He's a very serviceable player. The gap between his best and worst is small and you know what you're going to get from him.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Eisenhuth can fill in at prop in a pinch if you're short on front rowers. He's a very serviceable player. The gap between his best and worst is small and you know what you're going to get from him.

My thinking too.

Penrith are having to fork out big time for some special kids that have alreay shown their wares on the NRL stage.

These kinds of players work well. Melbourne says so.

Sime_11

Juniors
i hope the Packer rumours aren't true - it seems a very backwards signing - especially that we let our Starting front rower (and Captain) move to that club (which i was happy to do, thinking that we knew who our prop rotations were tied down. for 2021 and future....

Tamou was happy with the figured offered wasnt he? he just wanted more than an extra season with us?

i trust the club to get it done but gee we better tie down who we want

The concern I have is the front row was really the basis for our success this year, and as it stands Tamou is gone, Tetevano has a foot out the door and Leniu isn’t signed.

Yeah, yeah, they might have a plan. But so far it doesn’t look great.

murraymob

Coach
The concern I have is the front row was really the basis for our success this year, and as it stands Tamou is gone, Tetevano has a foot out the door and Leniu isn’t signed.

Yeah, yeah, they might have a plan. But so far it doesn’t look great.
It is fair to say there is no plan.They have been waiting hours on crighton and have got caught out.It could well turn out we turn over 7 of out top 21 players and replace them with bunnies

BossleyPanther

Juniors
A month ago I believed top 8 next season, top 4 unlikely after losing experience and the Mansour outburst ruffling the group, Crichton not signing etc Now it looks way worse This club is run by homer Simpson.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It is fair to say there is no plan.They have been waiting hours on crighton and have got caught out.It could well turn out we turn over 7 of out top 21 players and replace them with bunnies

At this stage Tamou has left officially.

This was always on the cards.

Up for debate.......Mansour could take a walk, (he though is replaced in the 17 by Charlie Staines)

Crighton still talking to

Same with Lenui, Yeo, Yeo. All of which are signed till November 2021.

Laurie is leaving at this stage 2022 also Burton 2022 (this may change in time)

The club has signed Robert Jennings, and Matty E.

These are the facts.

Players like Billy Burns (whom I rate) struggled to get game time in 2020 he may come in if we lose Tetavano. (this will be reliant on covid and what happens overseas)

I'm yet to see the doom and gloom.......maybe I need medication to help ut here to fit in LOL

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
A month ago I believed top 8 next season, top 4 unlikely after losing experience and the Mansour outburst ruffling the group, Crichton not signing etc Now it looks way worse This club is run by homer Simpson.

Is there a group on this site taking 'special medication'........I think some are reading far more into this than really needed. (LOL)

Core group the same at this stage.

I believe quite firmly the club is capable of doing very well in 2021. The hunger will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.