What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

sempmrh

Juniors
Letter from the club that shows a stylised version of what is likely our 2021 jersey

View attachment 44347

Yeah, this has been on the members website for a while just without the RedZed logo. You can see it still has the lightning bolt V shape like the 2020 jersey - but this would suggest that it's without the gradient (although that would be hard to reproduce in that style anyway). I prefer the one with the purple body - navy shoulders, purple body and navy shorts seems more balanced to me. I'm thinking one is the home jersey and the other is the members jersey.

Saint Doc

Coach
To be honest Storm having predominantly navy home, and purple away, would be much better than those awful white jerseys.

They could have a 3rd alternate if the purple jersey really didn’t avoid a clash

flippikat

Bench
Even if the firehawks use orange they only clash like one or 2 times a year. Not much different then the cowboys, roosters, dogs, knights and warriors having blue jerserys.

Fair point, but the Cowboys & Roosters are navy blue while the Knights, Warriors & Bulldogs are more around the royal blue shades.

We definitely don't need any more blue in the competition (or black, or purple/maroon), but there's room for more red, orange, yellow & green as main colours.

To be honest Storm having predominantly navy home, and purple away, would be much better than those awful white jerseys.

They could have a 3rd alternate if the purple jersey really didn’t avoid a clash

Bring back the yellow alternate!

sempmrh

Juniors

We’ve won a premiership now in a white jersey. It’s not going anywhere. I like white for an away jersey anyway.

storm_4eva

Juniors
They will not be the 2021 jerseys, it's simply just a mock up from previous warm up shirts

Attachments

• images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 48

Jackson Allison

Juniors
Warriors 2021 Home and Away Jerseys released!
https://shop.warriorsstore.co.nz/
QA005956-760-1__67455.1606960059.jpg

QA005957-001-1__44442.1606961835.jpg

flippikat

Bench

Very cool. The Maori art is transferrable to a lot of different settings.. and this is a good addition to the likes of the wood & greenstone ones we've had in the past.

Makes sense to have a black indigenous jersey now the black with silver V is out of the range.

Would like to see a green alternate someday - not jade like the greenstone one or khaki like the ANZAC one, but real Warriors shade of green like on the home/away designs.

sempmrh

Juniors
I think the Warriors home jersey is a step back from what they had. It’s still quite good - the colours are the most important part, anyway.

The away is better than the home.

yakstorm

First Grade
I like the dropping of the white middle section on the home for the Warriors, though I wish they continued the curved V onto the sleeves like they did previously. Just feels like a jarring finish when it ends like it does.

Otherwise, like a the kit.

flippikat

Bench
I like the dropping of the white middle section on the home for the Warriors, though I wish they continued the curved V onto the sleeves like they did previously. Just feels like a jarring finish when it ends like it does.

Yeah, it looks like the white in the home strip is being dialled-back, even to the extent that the shorts will be blue as well.

That'll be a bit of a departure from the 1995 home look, but I'm comfortable with that.

sheepbender

Juniors
Not a fan of the white being dropped from around the collar of the Warriors jersey. Its also missing the Green/Red stripes on the ends of the sleeves. Its all a bit too plain for me.
The Away is pretty decent though, no real complaints.
I feel like the Indigenous would look better if the Brown was Silver/Grey, and would pay better homage to the history of the club.

yakstorm

First Grade
Yeah, it looks like the white in the home strip is being dialled-back, even to the extent that the shorts will be blue as well.

That'll be a bit of a departure from the 1995 home look, but I'm comfortable with that.

I had missed the all blue shorts for home. Looks like away might be white shorts though.
QA005961-760-1_Front_JPG__64315.1606962445.jpg

flippikat

Bench
Not a fan of the white being dropped from around the collar of the Warriors jersey. Its also missing the Green/Red stripes on the ends of the sleeves. Its all a bit too plain for me.
The Away is pretty decent though, no real complaints.
I feel like the Indigenous would look better if the Brown was Silver/Grey, and would pay better homage to the history of the club.

I think the white under the collar, Green/Red stripes on sleeve ends, and even the V being truncated at the sleeves are neither here nor there.

This could be a way to make the jerseys each year *slightly* different, but keep to the general design of the original.. much like how Souths change their trim patterns/templates/collar but still remain red and green stripes.. or how the Dragons change the angle/size of the red V or the collar ever so slightly, but keep it as the central motif.

Variations of a theme, but the theme remains the same. THAT is how you build a club identity.

Latest posts