What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
His agent emailed 14 teams about the possibility so the better question is which team wasn’t invited and why?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So maybe he aint coming

Nofoaluma is off contract at the end of 2021 and the Tigers have tabled a three-year deal for their star winger which would make him one of the best-paid outside backs in the game.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fair enough @Eelementary. I say this with absolutely no hint of sarcasm, but you have higher standards than me. Wife beaters or drug dealers on the other hand, got no time for them.

I never used to mind players like Ken Edwards, or Brandon Smith.

But somewhere along the line, I began to expect the players representing our club to be decent people, and I don't know why.

I hate players who show off unnecessarily, and carry on.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Would anyone here swap Mahoney for Brandon Smith?

No.

Brandon Smith is a great young player, but in my opinion:

* Mahoney is a better leader
* Mahoney has more skill (his short, and long, kicking games are pretty good)
* Mahoney is a better defender (Smith isn't poor, by any stretch - but the mountain of effective work that Mahoney gets through is mind-boggling).

Reed Mahoney has all the tools to be an elite hooker - he's just developing a little slower than, say, Harry Grant, or Brandon Smith - but he will get there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He looks a solid little player. I am unsure he will be Harry Grant level. If he is able to develop even a half decent running game then he probably brings a larger skill set then Harry.

He's shown a few times throughout his career already that he is nippy around the ruck - but for some reason, he hasn't used his running game as often as Harry Grant.

That has to come down to how he's instructed to play, surely?

And knowing that Arthur preaches a safe, simple gameplan, and then adding offloads etc. once you're established in the game, it's not inconceivable to think that he wants Reed to focus on leading the line speed, delivering accurate passes from dummy-half, and doing a bit of kicking first, and then adding his running game to the mix once he is more settled in First Grade.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Brandon Smith has had 2 more seasons then Rheed and in the best side in comp.
Rheed debut the year we won the spoon.

Absolutely - that's a very good point.

By the time Reed has as many games under his belt as Brandon Smith, we may see a different Reed Mahoney.

hindy111

Post Whore
Absolutely - that's a very good point.

By the time Reed has as many games under his belt as Brandon Smith, we may see a different Reed Mahoney.

I'd expect Rheed to develop his game most next season and feel he will. Perhaps a little after that but I wouldn't expect as much. If we don't see a yore then what we did this year it maybe all he has.

I'm also interested in what D.Brown will offer. Currently he is not producing much more then what a $150k W.Smith would. I understand he is 20 and a kid. I also think he was rushed into the NRL 12mths to early. So I am not knocking him. I think he can become elite. But he does need to start producing. He is on big $$ I'm sure it is over 500k.

Latest posts