What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

SneakyEel

Juniors
I'd expect Rheed to develop his game most next season and feel he will. Perhaps a little after that but I wouldn't expect as much. If we don't see a yore then what we did this year it maybe all he has.

I'm also interested in what D.Brown will offer. Currently he is not producing much more then what a $150k W.Smith would. I understand he is 20 and a kid. I also think he was rushed into the NRL 12mths to early. So I am not knocking him. I think he can become elite. But he does need to start producing. He is on big $$ I'm sure it is over 500k.
I'm pretty sure DB is on 700k

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

hineyrulz

Post Whore

SneakyEel

Juniors

Eelementary

Post Whore
Has Brandon Smith proven to be a particularly good dummy half? ... We nitpick mahoney's dummy half play - people criticise his passing etc. Is b smith's better?

To me brandon has proven to be a strong running merkin with plenty of agro ... But not an actual permenant dummy half. ... He might be, but its not obvious yet

Imo, no - Mahoney's service is pretty damn good, imo.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Imo, no - Mahoney's service is pretty damn good, imo.

Some of those passes he throws to our halves are incredible from the ruck. The thing is he throws so many, 95% of them hit the mark, the 5% that go awry are the ones people notice more.

I'd like to see our halves stand a bit closer to the ruck, especially when Junior is off the field, we have the best ball-playing fullback as well as edge forwards who can ball play. Having our nippy halves closer to the ruck would keep opposition forwards on their toes as both are quick and can open up an opposition with their footwork. I think sometimes the 20m passes from DH cramp us too close to the sideline. If we had a bigger fullback who wasn't as good a passer as Gutho those long passes from DH would be perfect

84 Baby

Referee
I'd like to see our halves stand a bit closer to the ruck, especially when Junior is off the field
100%
I was going to say he needs to have better decision making around when to throw but that’s not really his fault, but also if he can effectively mix up his long passes with simply engaging defences in the middle (along with players usually calling for those long passes being prepared to run and support up the middle instead) then we’ll get a shit ton more one on ones and overlaps

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
100%
I was going to say he needs to have better decision making around when to throw but that’s not really his fault, but also if he can effectively mix up his long passes with simply engaging defences in the middle (along with players usually calling for those long passes being prepared to run and support up the middle instead) then we’ll get a shit ton more one on ones and overlaps

In the warriors game this year our halves stood closer to the ruck and Mahoney was running a lot more, we went 16-0 up looking hard to beat. We then went away from that plan and it ended up being a tighter game than it should have been.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Some of those passes he throws to our halves are incredible from the ruck. The thing is he throws so many, 95% of them hit the mark, the 5% that go awry are the ones people notice more.

I'd like to see our halves stand a bit closer to the ruck, especially when Junior is off the field, we have the best ball-playing fullback as well as edge forwards who can ball play. Having our nippy halves closer to the ruck would keep opposition forwards on their toes as both are quick and can open up an opposition with their footwork. I think sometimes the 20m passes from Fake cramp us too close to the sideline. If we had a bigger fullback who wasn't as good a passer as Gutho those long passes from Fake would be perfect

Completely agree!

gaffer

Juniors
i'd like to see mahoney take a few steps out off dummy half and try for the penalty when the markers are standing next to each other like the friggin storm do