What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
Some of those passes he throws to our halves are incredible from the ruck. The thing is he throws so many, 95% of them hit the mark, the 5% that go awry are the ones people notice more.

I'd like to see our halves stand a bit closer to the ruck, especially when Junior is off the field, we have the best ball-playing fullback as well as edge forwards who can ball play. Having our nippy halves closer to the ruck would keep opposition forwards on their toes as both are quick and can open up an opposition with their footwork. I think sometimes the 20m passes from Fake cramp us too close to the sideline. If we had a bigger fullback who wasn't as good a passer as Gutho those long passes from Fake would be perfect
Absolutely. I dont think Rheed is the problem.

Noise

Coach
Anyone who has been to pre season training....Has there been any change in the assistant coaches this pre season?

Happy MEel

First Grade
So the general consensus on here towards the end of the season seemed to be that BA deserved to stay, but we needed a change in support staff. If it is correct that the same coaching staff are at the helm for 2021, are people happy with the club’s decision?

So the general consensus on here towards the end of the season seemed to be that BA deserved to stay, but we needed a change in support staff. If it is correct that the same coaching staff are at the helm for 2021, are people happy with the club’s decision?
I'm not. But the problem I see is that if BA doesn't want changes then you're screwed. So I don't see this ending well.

hindy111

Post Whore
na, you really think Smith could defend on the edge like Drown can? Smith wouId be carved up .....

Additionally I doubt smith could average 100 plus metres in the halves, simply doesn’t have the size or strength to be a threat running the ball on the edge....

I'd go as far as saying our attack looked sharp when W.Smith was in halves for the games where BA realised he was better then Field.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well I don't think coaching staff is our problem. With our young spine and inexperienced leadership group I tipped us to shit ourselves in the finals. I think we'll be better for the run next year but we'll still be one of the less experienced sides come finals time. Origin was good for our team too.

We can keep building slowly, the way we have been. If we keep making the finals we'll be getting closer to a premiership. But it would still be three or four years before we'd be entitled to be premiership favourites. We might get lucky and jag a premiership before then but the odds are low every year. Either way it won't be the coach's fault, but at the same time, someone better might come available.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'd go as far as saying our attack looked sharp when W.Smith was in halves for the games where BA realised he was better then Field.

he played 5 games this year and only 1 starting at 5/8 in round 20. And he didn’t contribute anything to our attack that night. It was the Gutho show that night.

Smith had nil TA nil LBA and made stuff all metres 40 m.....