What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cyberpunk 2077

Greenfields

Juniors
Only played the tutorials and first mission but looks like it'll be lots of fun. It's the first game I've played on the Series-X that'll really test it but it plays smooth, looks great and bugger all load times. The game has been glitchy at times so hopefully there's a day 1 patch coming.

Eelectrica

Referee
Looks good but massively tanks the performance, I'll just run through this one with raytracing off and an actual decent framerate.
It's running well for me at 1440p on Ultra with a 1080ti card.

Really enjoying itvso far. Not a fan of the driving though if I'm being honest.

Parra Pride

Coach
It's running well for me at 1440p on Ultra with a 1080ti card.

Really enjoying itvso far. Not a fan of the driving though if I'm being honest.

Ultra is fine, pretty much getting a constant 90fps on 3070 at that. Having ray tracing on has been tanking that down into the 30-40fps range when out in the open world, and I don't find the visual improvement with it on to be worth anywhere near that much of a drop in frame rate.

Eelectrica

Referee
Ultra is fine, pretty much getting a constant 90fps on 3070 at that. Having ray tracing on has been tanking that down into the 30-40fps range when out in the open world, and I don't find the visual improvement with it on to be worth anywhere near that much of a drop in frame rate.
Good to know about the 3070 and how it's going with ray tracing. I was considering picking one up as they're back in stock. I'll wait then. Doesn't sound like I'll be much better off.
Cheers.

jargan83

Coach
Forgot to do the install/update last night and this morning I'm reading about issues for original PS4/XBone.

Might return the PS4 copy and wait until I eventually get a PS5.

Eelectrica

Referee
Game is honestly brilliant. I've had a couple of weird graphical glitches, but everything else is amazing.
I've finally managed to come to grips with the driving. I've still going slow enough that even driving miss Daisy would ask me to hit the gas though.
The thing that's always impressed me about CDPR is their choice and and consequence in their games, right from the original Witcher game. It's interesting how decisions you make shake out later, sometimes in ways you don't expect.

The attention to detail is amazing as well. It's something that blew me away in Witcher 3 and to a less extent in Witcher 2.

Greenfields

Juniors
Game is honestly brilliant. I've had a couple of weird graphical glitches, but everything else is amazing.
I've finally managed to come to grips with the driving. I've still going slow enough that even driving miss Daisy would ask me to hit the gas though.
Agree, this game has been awesome. Had a couple of glitches on day 1 but after about 4 hours today I haven't experienced any. The driving isn't great but I've found the type of car makes a bit of difference.....at least there's a metal radio station to listen to.

Parra Pride

Coach
The thing that's always impressed me about CDPR is their choice and and consequence in their games,

There's a side quest that deals with a suicidal ex cop, and the step I was on was to check back with the guy in a few hours. I went and go side tracked doing over shit, came back in game days later and the guy had offed himself resulting in my failing that side quest. I really dig the fact that shit like that can go the wrong way if you're simply off dicking around.

Eelectrica

Referee
There's a side quest that deals with a suicidal ex cop, and the step I was on was to check back with the guy in a few hours. I went and go side tracked doing over shit, came back in game days later and the guy had offed himself resulting in my failing that side quest. I really dig the fact that shit like that can go the wrong way if you're simply off dicking around.
Finished that quest. Remembered to return to it after finishing up another. Really well written quest with if followed through with a cool twist at one point.
Great reactivity

Exsilium

First Grade
I will fire this up later today.

Went completely OCD today.

- Aligned my triple monitors to be set at the correct angles, POV and height etc.
- Reconfigured my PC cabling with conduits and excessive use of cable ties to hide all the cables under the desk.
- Installed the RGB LED's and configured the colour schemes.
- Cleaned out the Keyboard/
- Set up the TV, PC, Chromecast etc to be running through the Sound bar.
- Updated drivers (Most are automatic but some I kept older versions because they functioned better.

When evening comes, I will be ready to crack on with gaming.

Exsilium

First Grade
Are people on PC using Keyboard/mouse or Controller?

I'm going to try it with the controller but being an FPS, I think I'll revert back to the K&B.

Eelectrica

Referee
Are people on PC using Keyboard/mouse or Controller?

I'm going to try it with the controller but being an FPS, I think I'll revert back to the K&B.
Using K&B for the most part, switching to a controller for driving. I found I couldn't steer effectively using M&K for that. It works pretty well combining both this way.

Latest posts