What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Dragons recruit Jack Bird opens up on his exit from Brisbane Broncos
Jack Bird has opened up on a horror three years at the Broncos, why he left and how being a target for angry Brisbane fans left him “feeling like a failure”.

Nick Walshaw
December 9, 2020 - 6:00PM
The Daily Telegraph

Jack Bird has accused the Brisbane Broncos of giving up on him – and his rehabilitation – after two devastating ACL injuries, declaring: “They didn’t care about me”.

Once rated rugby league’s brightest young prospect, 25-year-old Bird has opened up on a horror three years in Queensland that saw him play 17 games, become a target for angry Broncos fans and, at his lowest, left “feeling like a failure in life”.

St George Illawarra’s new recruit also revealed how, personally, “everything went south” after Brisbane hierarchy punted coach Wayne Bennett for Anthony Seibold, whose own controversial tenure lasted less than two seasons.

Now back living in Wollongong with mum Lyn – and bunking down “in my childhood bedroom” – Bird is confident of regaining the form that once made him a NSW Origin player.

Better, the 2016 NRL premiership winner insists his left knee is almost totally healed as he churns through pre-season under new Dragons coach Anthony Griffin.

While Bird is confident of coming good on the promise that saw him crowned the 2015 Dally M rookie of the year, he is also determined to break free from his troublesome past.

Asked about leaving Brisbane with a year still to run on his contract, Bird said: “At the end, I felt like a burden there. Like I was just there for the sake of it.

“I felt like they weren’t putting their time and effort into me, my rehab. I felt like I was just another number ... they were pushing me to the side, they didn’t care about me.

“So in the end, I knew if I wanted to get back to my best I had to move. Go to someone who was willing to put their time and effort into me getting back to my best.”

Signed by Bennett on a four-year deal worth almost $4 million in 2018, Bird admits he was rocked when the code’s greatest premiership winner was punted that same year.

“When Wayne left, everything went south,” Bird said. “If he wasn’t coach, I wouldn’t have went there. I would’ve gone somewhere else or stayed at Cronulla.

“I got along with all the (Broncos) boys, they were a great bunch. And I got along with Seibs as well … but I went up there for Wayne.”

Of an injury run that also included shoulder and sternum issues, Bird said: “Mentally, I went through some really tough times. I went up there to play footy and I wasn’t.

“It’s not that I didn’t enjoy footy, but the injuries were really weighing me down.”

Bird admits the pressure of continually failing to get on the field, especially after signing such a lucrative NRL contract, also had a significant impact on him personally.

“I try not to let people’s opinions get the better of me,” Bird said. “But when I got injured, it was tough. There’s all these people that start talking shit about you and so, you want to go out and prove them wrong. But then you get another injury and it starts all over again.

“And that pressure, it was weighing me down. I wasn’t happy while also trying to impress people you don’t even care about. But then, you fail. You feel like a failure in your life.”

HOME SWEET HOME

Bird insists moving back home to Wollongong, and the Dragons club where he started out in under-20s, has completely overhauled his outlook.

“This is the first time I’ve enjoyed footy training in three years,” he said. “The pressure that was on my shoulders, I really feel like it’s fallen away.

“I don’t have to try and impress anyone now. There is no one trying to bring me down, no head noise, it’s just me. And being back with family and friends, close to what I’m used to … that’s what I need to be happy.”

While not ready to confirm his NRL return date, Bird is regaining confidence in a left knee that has undergone two reconstructions in as many years.

But he says he may yet consult a sports psychologist to help overcome any mental demons that could still arise prior to his hyped comeback.

“It doesn’t swell up and doesn’t hurt when I run,” Bird said of his left knee.

“There is still a little bit of soreness where they took out the tendon and a little bit of bone, but that’s normal. And if I keep training right, it will eventually go away.

“So the knee is feeling good – when I run and stuff now there are now dramas — I just need to get that confidence back.”

Elsewhere, Bird stressed a rheumatoid arthritis condition diagnosed in his teens had nothing to do with the back-to-back ACL injuries.

“No, it’s just bad luck,” he said. “Which is why I’ve got no doubt I’ll get back to 100 per cent.”

While Griffin has stated he will start Bird as a backrower, the man himself is still undecided on exactly where his best position will be moving forward.

“Honestly, I’m not sure,” he said. “Eventually I want to find a spot, but it really depends on what happens with my body over the next couple of years.

“If I get bigger, then backrow might be best. But if I can slim down, get fast again, then it might be back into the centres or five-eighth.”

WRITTEN OFF

Told his long run of injuries had some critics already writing him off, Bird replied: “People can think that if they want. But I know I’m not gone. And I’m the only person who really knows who I am.

“A lot of people might think they do — but they don’t — and there is no doubt in my mind that I still have the ability there.

“It may not happen straight away, but I know I’ll be back.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/5765c07c8fc033bbc848ae89f4e58f1f

boardlumps62

Juniors
That’s a nice story on Jack Bird but in fairness the Broncos paid huge $$$ and injuries keep him in the sheds. I remember Kyle Stanley who had silky movement and ability but continuedACLs ( Like Jack Bird) beat Kyle. Hope for best with Jack
Let's not put the mocker on Jack Bird. I may have not likes him when he went to the Sharks. We let him go well done Mary and Johnstone?
I am looking forwards now Jack's Back.

getsmarty

Immortal
'He may not get it back': Bird ready to wear de Belin's No.13 jersey
Adrian Proszenko
December 9, 2020 — 6.00pm
Leave a comment

St George Illawarra recruit Jack Bird has no qualms filling Jack de Belin's No.13 jersey until the future of the latter is resolved.

"Who knows?" Bird quipped. "If Jack comes back, he may not get it back."

NRL Head of Football Graham Annesley launched the 2021 All Stars buildup in Townsville. He was joined by North Queensland Cowboys legend Johnathan Thurston and Queensland Minister for Resources Scott Stewart .

After three luckless seasons at Brisbane, in which he made just 17 NRL appearances due to injury, Bird is happy to play wherever new coach Anthony Griffin sees fit. While he's equally adept at centre, wing, fullback or in the pack when fully fit, the former NSW representative believes de Belin's absence could provide an opportunity to begin his stint in the Red V at lock.

"100 per cent. Obviously missing Jack is a big loss, he's a great player," Bird told the Herald. "I'm good friends with Jack. We've missed him a little bit and it's a great opportunity to come in for myself, go to lock and fill in his shoes.

"We'll see what happens but it's a good opportunity for me to step into the No.13 jersey if that's what hook wants me to do. I'll take it with both hands.

"I've always played lock as a kid growing up as well and I've always been the person to play wherever the team needs me to play.

147ca6b821607ebb36361015380b3df0f145c0c5

Jack Bird believes he can return to his best at the Dragons after three injury-plagued seasons at the Broncos.Credit:NRL Photos

"If they want me to play lock, I'm happy to do so. I'd actually really look forward to playing lock, it's up to Hook [Griffin] and the club. But I'd definitely feel comfortable in the No.13 jersey."

De Belin remains suspended under the NRL's "no fault" stand-down policy after his rape trial resulted in a hung jury. The retrial is scheduled for April 12, with Bird likely to jockey with Blake Lawrie, Jackson Ford and Trent Merrin for the lock spot.

Bird's priority, however, is simply getting back onto the field. The Berkeley Eagles junior left Cronulla with a premiership ring and a shoulder injury. Things didn't improve when he arrived at Red Hill, suffering two season-ending ACL injuries.

After the latest one, despite being contracted to the Broncos until the end of next 2021, he got the distinct impression they were keen to move him on.

"I knew they didn't want me there," he said. "Kevvie [new coach Kevin Walters] was saying he wanted me there, but I got a feeling he didn't.

"They wanted to free up some cap, they let go of 'Of' [Joseph Ofahengaue] and Kevvie was saying he wanted him there as well.

"So the best thing for me was to start fresh. There'll be no better feeling than playing for the Dragons."

The Dragons is home again for Bird. He grew up in Wollongong, played for the club in the lower grades and always planned to return at some point.

"To play in front of my hometown, in front of my own family, is something I always wanted to do and never got the chance as a young fella," he said. "I just thought to myself when I was younger that I would come back here.

"It's happened a bit earlier than I thought."

At his best, Bird was an automatic selection for NSW. Once he settles back into the rigours of weekly NRL football – the 25-year-old is targeting a return date somewhere between rounds one and five – he believes he can return to that level.

"Yeah, 100 per cent," he said. "There's no doubt that I can get back to playing my best football. It's just a matter of timing and building that confidence back.

"I don't really listen to the doubters. Everyone has got their word, everyone has got their opinion of me.

"I try not to listen to it because I know what I can do, they don't know the real me.

"They only go on what they see and me being injured for the last three years, someone is going to say something.

"I know what I'm capable of. They are just people who wish they could do what we can do, but they can't.

"I'm not really out to prove them wrong, I'm out there to prove what I can do."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/he...-de-belin-s-no-13-jersey-20201209-p56m1t.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Bird far from a spent force: Griffin
Dragons Den
r0_0_4496_2997_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

FIGHTING FIT: Dragons coach Anthony Griffin is confident Jack Bird (pictured) can re-enter the top echelon of NRL players on his return to his junior club. Picture: Dragons Media
IF you'd told Dragons fans six years ago that Jack Bird would be playing a key role in their club's 2021 campaign, few would've argued. Explain the journey he'd take to that point... well, they might've.

It's been a wild journey, from a premiership and a NSW jumper in just his second season of first grade in 2016, to two ACL tears and just 17 games in three years after an ill-fated switch to Brisbane.

New Dragons coach Anthony Griffin says the myriad of trials and tribulations has led many to forget the Berkeley Eagles product is still just 25 years of age.

"He's still 24-25, I think because he started so young we probably think he's a bit older but he's still a really young man," Griffin said.

"He's going really well, he's got another month or so of rehabilitation and probably [in] mid-January he'll join the main group. Physically he's in really good shape, he's running well, he's jumping out of his skin to join the main group.

"He's had a run of bad luck injury-wise but everything I've seen so far, the way he's moving, where his mind is, he's really gearing up for a big season. I'm looking forward to seeing him next year."

Read more: Griffin hoping third time's the charm as an NRL coach

Griffin isn't the first coach to ponder where to play the multi-skilled utility. Bird has played centre and fullback at top-grade level and is equally adept in the halves.

He also made his way through the Dragons junior ranks in the back row and could come into consideration for the No. 13 jumper given the huge questions that remain over Jack de Belin's future. He's not short on options, but Griffin said returning him to peak fitness is the more immediate concern.

"Wherever he's comfortable initially," Griffin said when asked where he'd play.

"He hasn't played for two years, or he's played half a dozen games, so we'll worry about that when he's fit and ready to play."

Read more: De Belin drama not an issue for Griffin

Bird was singing from the same hymn sheet on Monday, saying he's completely focused on his rehab in an effort to get back on the park for the first time since round nine, 2019.

"It's been really tough but, all that aside, I've been working really hard on my knee and my fitness and just trying to get back to a hundred per cent," he said.

"Hopefully I can get on the field for the Dragons and play a full season. I never got the chance to play first grade when I was a junior so to come back to the club, I'm really looking forward to it.

"I know a few of the boys here and, just being back at home with my family and my mates, I've got a good feeling about the year coming up."

Griffin will need Bird, a player with Origin and premiership-winning experience, to step up following an exodus of experienced forwards Tyson Frizell, James Graham and Korbin Sims.

"I think we've got a pretty good squad here," Bird said.

"We've lost a few key players with Frizz and a few others there but it's a young squad so I'm really looking forward to working with them.

"They didn't go too well last year and I feel like bringing Hook [Griffin] in is going to make a big difference and I really believe that we can make the top eight."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/7045335/bird-far-from-a-spent-force-griffin/?cs=3713

blacksafake

First Grade
Dragons recruit Jack Bird opens up on his exit from Brisbane Broncos
Jack Bird has opened up on a horror three years at the Broncos, why he left and how being a target for angry Brisbane fans left him “feeling like a failure”.

Nick Walshaw
December 9, 2020 - 6:00PM
The Daily Telegraph

Jack Bird has accused the Brisbane Broncos of giving up on him – and his rehabilitation – after two devastating ACL injuries, declaring: “They didn’t care about me”.

Once rated rugby league’s brightest young prospect, 25-year-old Bird has opened up on a horror three years in Queensland that saw him play 17 games, become a target for angry Broncos fans and, at his lowest, left “feeling like a failure in life”.

St George Illawarra’s new recruit also revealed how, personally, “everything went south” after Brisbane hierarchy punted coach Wayne Bennett for Anthony Seibold, whose own controversial tenure lasted less than two seasons.

Now back living in Wollongong with mum Lyn – and bunking down “in my childhood bedroom” – Bird is confident of regaining the form that once made him a NSW Origin player.

Better, the 2016 NRL premiership winner insists his left knee is almost totally healed as he churns through pre-season under new Dragons coach Anthony Griffin.

While Bird is confident of coming good on the promise that saw him crowned the 2015 Dally M rookie of the year, he is also determined to break free from his troublesome past.

Asked about leaving Brisbane with a year still to run on his contract, Bird said: “At the end, I felt like a burden there. Like I was just there for the sake of it.

“I felt like they weren’t putting their time and effort into me, my rehab. I felt like I was just another number ... they were pushing me to the side, they didn’t care about me.

“So in the end, I knew if I wanted to get back to my best I had to move. Go to someone who was willing to put their time and effort into me getting back to my best.”

Signed by Bennett on a four-year deal worth almost $4 million in 2018, Bird admits he was rocked when the code’s greatest premiership winner was punted that same year.

“When Wayne left, everything went south,” Bird said. “If he wasn’t coach, I wouldn’t have went there. I would’ve gone somewhere else or stayed at Cronulla.

“I got along with all the (Broncos) boys, they were a great bunch. And I got along with Seibs as well … but I went up there for Wayne.”

Of an injury run that also included shoulder and sternum issues, Bird said: “Mentally, I went through some really tough times. I went up there to play footy and I wasn’t.

“It’s not that I didn’t enjoy footy, but the injuries were really weighing me down.”

Bird admits the pressure of continually failing to get on the field, especially after signing such a lucrative NRL contract, also had a significant impact on him personally.

“I try not to let people’s opinions get the better of me,” Bird said. “But when I got injured, it was tough. There’s all these people that start talking shit about you and so, you want to go out and prove them wrong. But then you get another injury and it starts all over again.

“And that pressure, it was weighing me down. I wasn’t happy while also trying to impress people you don’t even care about. But then, you fail. You feel like a failure in your life.”

HOME SWEET HOME

Bird insists moving back home to Wollongong, and the Dragons club where he started out in under-20s, has completely overhauled his outlook.

“This is the first time I’ve enjoyed footy training in three years,” he said. “The pressure that was on my shoulders, I really feel like it’s fallen away.

“I don’t have to try and impress anyone now. There is no one trying to bring me down, no head noise, it’s just me. And being back with family and friends, close to what I’m used to … that’s what I need to be happy.”

While not ready to confirm his NRL return date, Bird is regaining confidence in a left knee that has undergone two reconstructions in as many years.

But he says he may yet consult a sports psychologist to help overcome any mental demons that could still arise prior to his hyped comeback.

“It doesn’t swell up and doesn’t hurt when I run,” Bird said of his left knee.

“There is still a little bit of soreness where they took out the tendon and a little bit of bone, but that’s normal. And if I keep training right, it will eventually go away.

“So the knee is feeling good – when I run and stuff now there are now dramas — I just need to get that confidence back.”

Elsewhere, Bird stressed a rheumatoid arthritis condition diagnosed in his teens had nothing to do with the back-to-back ACL injuries.

“No, it’s just bad luck,” he said. “Which is why I’ve got no doubt I’ll get back to 100 per cent.”

While Griffin has stated he will start Bird as a backrower, the man himself is still undecided on exactly where his best position will be moving forward.

“Honestly, I’m not sure,” he said. “Eventually I want to find a spot, but it really depends on what happens with my body over the next couple of years.

“If I get bigger, then backrow might be best. But if I can slim down, get fast again, then it might be back into the centres or five-eighth.”

WRITTEN OFF

Told his long run of injuries had some critics already writing him off, Bird replied: “People can think that if they want. But I know I’m not gone. And I’m the only person who really knows who I am.

“A lot of people might think they do — but they don’t — and there is no doubt in my mind that I still have the ability there.

“It may not happen straight away, but I know I’ll be back.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/5765c07c8fc033bbc848ae89f4e58f1f
Lets hope his injury days are behind him because he's one heck of a player & still young.

ALSGI

Bench
Bird needs to shut the f up, and get on with training and hopefully play some football.
He is still remembered by Saints supporters for when he walked out on our club a few seasons back.
Best to keep your head down mate and let your football do the talking.

Get what you’re saying mate and glad you raised the point about leaving us for Cronulla. I’m still pissed off about that but that’s modern footy. As irritating as it is they need to build their profile for their future - and being silent won’t do that although playing some amazing footy for us next year will.

At best he will be a champion for the next 10yrs ..... or worst case he may never play gain .... or heaps of other scenarios in between....

I think we’ve all got our fingers crossed for the best.

goldiesaintz

Juniors
I'm prepared to give him a second go.
We all make mistakes and we all do things that in hindsight, may have been better doing the opposite.
The thing is, Jack is now having a dig and hopefully, with the Hook Patrol keeping a good eye on him,
he'll get back on the paddock.

As long as you've got the attitude right Jack, were behind you.
Hopefully, your due an oversupply of lady luck shining down on you.
So are we Saints fans.
Go the Dragons for 2021.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Bird needs to shut the f up, and get on with training and hopefully play some football.
He is still remembered by Saints supporters for when he walked out on our club a few seasons back.
Exactly! understand the media commitments and all but the Dragons would be premiers in regards to number of ‘player confessions’ during the past 5 years and how they learned this and learned that during the week, only to see it all rehashed and repeated on the weekend. Love to hear nothing from players and just see the team sitting high on the ladder. These stories are not only nauseating, they contribute in setting a culture that I feel we should try to avoid. Keep it in tight and in house and let the ‘team’s’ form be deafening.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee

Couldn't agree more.

Slagging your previous clubs in front of the media is piss poor. The fact that he has re-signed with us doesn't change that.

blue bags

First Grade
New Dragons NRL signing Jack Bird claims Brisbane Broncos 'didn't care about me'

Jack Bird has given a damning assessment of his time at the Brisbane Broncos, claiming that the club "didn't care about him" and plunged into a spiral after Wayne Bennett left.

Bird, who has joined the Dragons, endured an injury-riddled three-year stint in Brisbane. The 25-year-old played just 17 games, having copped two ACL ruptures.

Bird became a target for frustrated Broncos fans and said the he was left "feeling like a failure in life". He said that the club became unsupportive near the end of his time there.

"At the end, I felt like a burden there. Like I was just there for the sake of it," Bird told The Daily Telegraph.

"I felt like they weren't putting their time and effort into me, my rehab. I felt like I was just another number ... they were pushing me to the side, they didn't care about me.

"So in the end, I knew if I wanted to get back to my best I had to move. Go to someone who was willing to put their time and effort into me getting back to my best."

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fbd1486c0-eaca-422e-9b7b-e9fc1ccf17eb

Jack Bird. (Getty)
Bird has been tipped to play at lock for the Dragons. He was a 2016 premiership winner at Cronulla and played State of Origin for NSW.

He is aiming to regain his best form, saying that Bennett's departure soured his time at the Broncos from the outset.

"When Wayne left, everything went south," Bird said. "If he wasn't coach, I wouldn't have went there. I would've gone somewhere else or stayed at Cronulla."

Bird said that he was finally enjoying football again, amid pre-season with St George Illawarra.

He said that although new Dragons coach Anthony Griffin was viewing him as a lock, playing at five-eighth or centre were still options.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/brisba...-dragons/461a6273-9687-42a4-ac34-b4fb31e6ad80

i remember bronco coach Bennett pizzed off, about the sharks lied to him about birds injured shoulder, when broncos got bird from sharks

possm

Coach
Yea, Jack Bird does not need to complicate his tricky return to first grade with his thoughts on his previous club.

getsmarty

Immortal
remote.axd

Jack Bird's 'special feeling' about Dragons return

DRAGONS

Why returning Dragon Bird is giving back to grassroots
Author
Brad Walter NRL.com Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Thu 10 Dec 2020, 06:01 PM
walterbrad-head.png

Being back in the same bedroom of the family home he grew up in and helping to coach Berkeley Eagles under-18s in his spare time, Jack Bird must feel like he never left the Dragons.

Bird has got a premiership ring, State of Origin jerseys and the scars from back-to-back knee reconstructions to remind him of his six seasons with Cronulla and Brisbane but the 25-year-old is enjoying his return to the club he was expected to make his NRL debut for.

While he is still recovering from the second ACL tear in March, Bird reminds those who doubt he can regain the form that earned him six Origin appearances for NSW that he had overcome a knee reconstruction and rheumatoid arthritis before leaving St George Illawarra in 2015.

Those setbacks occurred when the Berkeley junior was 16 years old and sidelined him for 19 months but Bird bounced back and he wants to use his experiences to inspire young players at the Eagles and Dragons.

He also believes St George Illawarra can win a premiership in coming seasons.

"I've dealt with my fair share of demons, I've been through it all before," Bird said. "The last few years, specifically, have been pretty tough mentally but there's no doubt in my mind I can get back to being 100 per cent fit.

birdj-injury-200229700-sd.jpg

Jack Bird leaves the field injured during the 2020 trials. :copyright:Scott Davis/NRL Photos
"I've always been doubted in my life so it's nothing new to me. I'm not here to prove anyone wrong, I'm just here to prove myself right.

"I also want to try and help improve the young fellows coming through. Obviously I have been through a tough time so if anyone is going through a tough time I would like to help them through that."

It's why he decided to help coach the Berkeley under-18s team after a meeting with club officials on Wednesday.

Like Bird, the Eagles have been doing it tough in recent seasons and he wants to give something back to the club that helped him on his way to an NRL premiership with the Sharks in 2016, Origin selection and a lucrative Broncos contract.

"Berkeley hasn't had an under-18s team for a long time so to go back there and help coach my junior team is something I'm looking forward to," he said.

"I actually met up with them yesterday and I am going to go down and help them. It'll be great to get back and help some boys come through the ranks.

"To grow up from nothing and try to make the NRL is something you always want to do because that's what I went through.

"I love Berkeley, all of my family's from there and I am living back at home in the bedroom I grew up in. I've got such good mates I grew up with and a lot of them are playing there again so to get the opportunity to go back and help them is something I'm looking forward to."

remote.axd

Dragons' top five tries of 2020

Dragons' top five tries of 2020

With just six members of the St George Illawarra squad having played more than 100 NRL matches, new coach Anthony Griffin is likely to be looking to Bird to provide some leadership to his young teammates.

However, Bird's first concern is getting himself fully fit so he can finally make his Dragons debut in round one of the Telstra Premiership against the Sharks at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium.

After three successful seasons with Cronulla, Bird managed just 17 matches for the Broncos in the next three years and was released to the Dragons last month.

"It was pretty much the first time I'd been criticised publicly and it was pretty tough because when you go up there and you have got all the pressure on your shoulders you want to go out there and show everyone what you can do," Bird said.

"It was kind of hard to deal with because it's in the paper every day up there, and you're always getting blasted for something that's out of your control. I can't help it if I get injured.

"You want to go out there and show everyone what you can do but when you're injured you can't, and that gets frustrating at times. You try to push yourself a little bit too hard to get back out there then you get injured again.

"That's in the past and my main focus is just to get myself 100 per cent fit for the Dragons and hopefully we can win a comp here. There is no doubt in my mind that we can and we have just got to work hard as a team."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/12/10/why-returning-dragon-bird-is-giving-back-to-grassroots/

lynx000

Juniors
That’s a nice story on Jack Bird but in fairness the Broncos paid huge $$$ and injuries keep him in the sheds. I remember Kyle Stanley who had silky movement and ability but continuedACLs ( Like Jack Bird) beat Kyle. Hope for best with Jack
Thank you for being fair.

17 games in 3 seasons at reportedly 900K plus, plus he came to us damaged from the Sharks and we rehabbed him through that and then through 2 knee ops. Oh and out of those 17 games, probably 3 were good and no more than 7 were average. Then knowing he wants to head back to Sydney he takes up his player option and then agitates to get a release.

He is actually being a shit merkin taking pot shots at the club in those circumstances. If he can ever get on the field he is a good player and he brings a bit of mongrel, I was prepared to wish him all the best, but after his constant snipes at us since he left he can get stuffed.

Last edited: