What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Generalzod

Immortal
I remember seeing it when it was released at the State Theatre, the shop there was selling the single of The King Kong Song by ABBA. The other thing I remember while watching the movie was one scene this young child yelled out “I can see his ding dong “ his poor mother was so embarrassed.
That’s funny....I what kids would say..lol

horrie hastings

First Grade
King Kong (1976)

Not a terrible remake. Good cast. Jessica Lange is smoking hot.

I only have watched it when it was originally released at the movies then once when it was on TV where it had a couple of extra scenes, I should watch it again some time just to see whether I am being a bit unfair on Jessica Lange. I remember at the time I liked it but was disappointed that Kong didn’t have any dinasours to fight with like the original, from memory I only remember a giant snake.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I’ve never seen this film.

I got LA Confidential when it was first released on DVD from a friend who worked for Sony who could get DVDs cheap and was totally impressed by the cast, normally it is a movie i wouldnt buy, i say this through gritted teeth, Russell Crowe was excellent in this, so was Kim Bassinger. Thought Guy Pearce really nailed his part perfectly and Kevin Spacey, Danny De Vito and James Cromwell were great too especially Spacey and Cromwell.

Have Silver Linings Playbook but havent watched if as of yet.

PJ

First Grade
Compliance. 8/10. Really good dramatisation about a true crime that happened In US.

I knew about the story, and was watching with Mrs who was saying as if to just about everything that happened but all I could tell was different was the names of the persons involved and the fast food chain.

Some nice ta ta's, but felt a bit grubby watching them.

horrie hastings

First Grade
King Kong (1976)

Not a terrible remake. Good cast. Jessica Lange is smoking hot.

Makes me want to watch the original now, so many iconic scenes in it, Kong fighting the dinosaurs , Kong smashing up the subway car and Kong being shot at by the bi planes on top of the Empire State Building and many more. Up till the ealy 90s the TV version showed a slightly edited version but then a few scenes were reinstated , it showed Kong stomping on a couple of natives and also picking one up and putting him in his mouth, to me these scenes seemed totally unnecessary and should have been left out but seeing they were filmed originally i can see why they were reinstated.

Moneyball

Watched it again last night, had seen years ago.

Great movie. Although on second viewing, i'd like to have seen more on the detail, the science and strategy behind the stats analysis. But I recognize that could have been a buzzkill if they took it too far. They did get it right as is.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Compliance. 8/10. Really good dramatisation about a true crime that happened In US.

I knew about the story, and was watching with Mrs who was saying as if to just about everything that happened but all I could tell was different was the names of the persons involved and the fast food chain.

Some nice ta ta's, but felt a bit grubby watching them.
Same for me, i got given a few dozen movies on a hard drive and just watched whatever came up next when this started but had alreadybread about the story. Scariest thing is how just basic and normal the bloke doing it was. Wouldnt suspect him of jaywalking and would guess public speaking terrified him and he was doing that

Watched two movies last night
Fatman..Mel Gibson starring as Santa Brilliant as usual
WAlton Goggins as a Hitman. HE is fantastic in everything I've seen him in .
He revels in this role
It's a different Christmas movie ..hard to put it in a category .
Very violent in places Also a decent drama story .
It very much reminds me of some 80s made .over the top movies like Commando .

I enjoyed it
8/10.

2nd movie was Comcrete Plans
Now this is a great story ...a slow burn buildup that is very well done
A group of let's say questionable men are hired by a rich boxer to renovate an old house & stables etc in the middle of a bleak Welsh countryside.
The boxers attitude & interference & having his wife there leads to tension .
Then when he stalls & keeps putting off payment for work done it gets very interesting .
Well made
Well acted.
Very enjoyable
8.75/10
Lol only problem is there's a few different accents ....Welsh
Scottish .Russian which can be very hard to understand in places

Game_Breaker

Coach
HBO Max will get all 2021 films — including Matrix 4, Dune, Mortal Kombat — at the same time as US cinemas, Warner Bros says
By music and pop culture reporter Paul Donoughue

Posted 11hhours ago, updated 7hhours agoOne of Hollywood's major movie studios will release all its 2021 films on a streaming service the same day they arrive in cinemas.

Warner Bros blockbusters including The Matrix 4, Dune, Godzilla vs King Kong and Mortal Kombat will be released simultaneously on HBO Max and in cinemas in the US.

It's a previously unheard-of move, and it could alter the way we enjoy new release films long term, even after the pandemic ends.

Here's how it will work
The movies will be available for one month on the streaming platform, at this stage just for 2021.

It's part of a plan to maintain eyeballs on the studio's biggest releases at a time when the pandemic is keeping cinemas closed across the United States.

Ann Sarnoff, chair and CEO of WarnerMedia Studios and Networks Group, said:

"No-one wants films back on the big screen more than we do."

"We know new content is the lifeblood of theatrical exhibition, but we have to balance this with the reality that most theatres in the US will likely operate at reduced capacity throughout 2021."

It's not yet clear what this means in Australia.

HBO Max is not available here, but HBO content is on Foxtel and its streaming platform Binge thanks to a recent deal between Foxtel and WarnerMedia.

The ABC has contacted a representative for Binge for comment.

Here's why it matters
Historically, movies have had a theatrical window, where cinemas get exclusive access before a film gets released to a streaming service — or, in the old days, became available at your local video rental shop.

That was a lucrative period for cinemas. If it gets diminished — or disappears entirely — it could hurt the cinema industry, which has already been hit hard this year by closures, caps on capacity, high overheads and a lack of new films to show.

While things are a little better in Australia, in the US, major cinema chains have been borrowing cash to survive and begging for government help.

Shares in AMC Entertainment, the world's largest theatre operator, fell 16 per cent after the announcement on Friday morning, Reuters reported. For Cinemark, another big operator, shares went down 22 per cent.

Warner Bros' decision could also accelerate a behavioural shift toward streaming services, which have multiplied in recent years, and cement the view that we can just get whatever content we want without leaving our couch.

Luke Goodsell, a film critic for the ABC, said while Warner Bros' move was currently temporary, "it's hard not to see another year of at-home viewing cementing the changes that have already happened in 2020 — especially if other studios follow suit".

Disney sent a major movie, Mulan, directly to Disney+ this year, and it will announce its new streaming plans next week. Paramount is sending Coming 2 America directly to Amazon Prime Video in March.

"If audiences get used to watching Dune, or The Batman, or Matrix 4 in the comfort of their homes," Goodsell said, "what will studios have to lure them back when it's safe to return to cinemas?"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12...s-to-hbo-max-us-cinemas-at-same-time/12949876https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12...s-to-hbo-max-us-cinemas-at-same-time/12949876

Wizardman

First Grade
No movie in 2020 has had a wider variety of opinions than "The Invisible Man". I have not seen previous versions of the invisible man but I absolutely loved this flick. In a very lean year for movies, one of the better movies released this year. I think it has got some hate due to people loving previous versions...Im not really sure why though as I think it was very goo in a number of ways.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Misbehavior

Great story about the women liberation and the protests to stop the 1970 Miss World competition. Keira Knightley is good as the womens libber Sally but Gugu Mbatha-Raw is brilliant as the winner Miss Grenada, these two share a great scene when their paths cross after Miss Grenada is back stage after the win . Lesley Manville is great as Delores Hope and Greg Kinnear plays his part of the chauvinistic and sexist Bob Hope very well.

Zoidberg

First Grade
HBO Max will get all 2021 films — including Matrix 4, Dune, Mortal Kombat — at the same time as US cinemas, Warner Bros says
By music and pop culture reporter Paul Donoughue

Posted 11hhours ago, updated 7hhours agoOne of Hollywood's major movie studios will release all its 2021 films on a streaming service the same day they arrive in cinemas.

Warner Bros blockbusters including The Matrix 4, Dune, Godzilla vs King Kong and Mortal Kombat will be released simultaneously on HBO Max and in cinemas in the US.

It's a previously unheard-of move, and it could alter the way we enjoy new release films long term, even after the pandemic ends.

Here's how it will work
The movies will be available for one month on the streaming platform, at this stage just for 2021.

It's part of a plan to maintain eyeballs on the studio's biggest releases at a time when the pandemic is keeping cinemas closed across the United States.

Ann Sarnoff, chair and CEO of WarnerMedia Studios and Networks Group, said:

"No-one wants films back on the big screen more than we do."

"We know new content is the lifeblood of theatrical exhibition, but we have to balance this with the reality that most theatres in the US will likely operate at reduced capacity throughout 2021."

It's not yet clear what this means in Australia.

HBO Max is not available here, but HBO content is on Foxtel and its streaming platform Binge thanks to a recent deal between Foxtel and WarnerMedia.

The ABC has contacted a representative for Binge for comment.

Here's why it matters
Historically, movies have had a theatrical window, where cinemas get exclusive access before a film gets released to a streaming service — or, in the old days, became available at your local video rental shop.

That was a lucrative period for cinemas. If it gets diminished — or disappears entirely — it could hurt the cinema industry, which has already been hit hard this year by closures, caps on capacity, high overheads and a lack of new films to show.

While things are a little better in Australia, in the US, major cinema chains have been borrowing cash to survive and begging for government help.

Shares in AMC Entertainment, the world's largest theatre operator, fell 16 per cent after the announcement on Friday morning, Reuters reported. For Cinemark, another big operator, shares went down 22 per cent.

Warner Bros' decision could also accelerate a behavioural shift toward streaming services, which have multiplied in recent years, and cement the view that we can just get whatever content we want without leaving our couch.

Luke Goodsell, a film critic for the ABC, said while Warner Bros' move was currently temporary, "it's hard not to see another year of at-home viewing cementing the changes that have already happened in 2020 — especially if other studios follow suit".

Disney sent a major movie, Mulan, directly to Disney+ this year, and it will announce its new streaming plans next week. Paramount is sending Coming 2 America directly to Amazon Prime Video in March.

"If audiences get used to watching Dune, or The Batman, or Matrix 4 in the comfort of their homes," Goodsell said, "what will studios have to lure them back when it's safe to return to cinemas?"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12...s-to-hbo-max-us-cinemas-at-same-time/12949876https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12...s-to-hbo-max-us-cinemas-at-same-time/12949876
This is good news because they are actually getting released and we will be getting these movies in cinemas. Wonder Woman, Dune, Mortal Kombat. Can’t wait to see these. Only film I’ve seen in the cinema this year is 1917 and I’ve missed it.

Matua

Bench
This is good news because they are actually getting released and we will be getting these movies in cinemas. Wonder Woman, Dune, Mortal Kombat. Can’t wait to see these. Only film I’ve seen in the cinema this year is 1917 and I’ve missed it.
I've been going to the cinema every Monday since they reopened (I don't work Mondays) and it's sometimes hard to pick a film, but I don't think you need to actually wait for the Blockbusters. I've enjoyed some of the less heralded ones.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Kung Fu Hustle - Cartoonish, weird chinese action-comedy. Some parts are hilarious, some of it's way OTT.

It's an amazing movie. And much better if you watch it with subtitles. You really get the emotion.

And if you liked that. Shaolin Soccer will be right up your alley. Same actors.