What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Phil Mann Stand

Juniors
Hopefully someone can answer.
How can Cronulla have Sharks At Kareela which is affilated with the Leagues club as a sponsor but in 2017 the NRL blocked Parramatta from have Parramatta Leagues Club on the front of their jersey?

yakstorm

First Grade
I believe the Sharks are only putting the Leagues Club on the supporter kits and so they could get something out before Christmas.

The jerseys will be blank if they can't secure a major sponsor prior to Round One... Or at least that was the line rolled out when they released their charity kit.

That said, with COVID, change of CEO, etc, the NRL might be a bit more flexible than they were in 2017.

The Marshall

Juniors
I believe the Sharks are only putting the Leagues Club on the supporter kits and so they could get something out before Christmas.

The jerseys will be blank if they can't secure a major sponsor prior to Round One... Or at least that was the line rolled out when they released their charity kit.

That said, with COVID, change of CEO, etc, the NRL might be a bit more flexible than they were in 2017.
Cronulla are in a world of hurt on the sponsorship front. They only have a sleeve sponsor on the jersey with four other positions to fill. In the current environment it’s going to be hard for them to get sponsors on board.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How can Cronulla have Sharks At Kareela which is affilated with the Leagues club as a sponsor but in 2017 the NRL blocked Parramatta from have Parramatta Leagues Club on the front of their jersey?
Best guess is that because S@K is a development its ok, where as the Eels literally wanted to put Parra Leagues on the front of theirs

And - while a different era - Norths Leagues was a proud major sponsor on the bears Jerseys in the 90’s.

I can’t remember the Parra leagues issue... why wasn’t it allowed?

they have been allowed to promote their own club on the sale shirts

i dunno if theyll be on there for round 1

i presume they will pay for the space and write it off

yakstorm

First Grade
And - while a different era - Norths Leagues was a proud major sponsor on the bears Jerseys in the 90’s.

I can’t remember the Parra leagues issue... why wasn’t it allowed?

You can pretty much thank clubs that use to sell off their front of jersey spots for next to nothing as it forced the NRL to bring in minimum requirements around things like who can be a sponsor, minimum duration of the sponsorship and value of the sponsorship.

Now as the Eels NRL franchise is still a legal subsidiary of the Leagues club, it makes it very murky when it comes to finances. Technically, you could have a scenario where the League's club doesn't pay a cent (or in-fact makes money) for the sponsorship as the NRL side say got to a point of break even or even profitability (which would all filter back up to the parent entity).

This assumption of course is based upon the Eels NRL club actually being profitable (for context they lost $5.3m in 2019/20 which the Leagues club has picked up the tab for) but these same rules prevent Autex being on the Warriors kit, Courier Mail on the Broncos, WIN Corp on the Dragons and Penn Sport on the Sea Eagles.

yakstorm

First Grade
I know it's Photoshop, but Gallagher has been named as front of jersey sponsor for the Kangaroos.

2011_kangaroo_page-hero_1800x530-launch.jpg

greenBV4

Bench
I know it's Photoshop, but Gallagher has been named as front of jersey sponsor for the Kangaroos.

2011_kangaroo_page-hero_1800x530-launch.jpg
Bit of a step down from Holden as far a national prestige goes, wouldn't say a finance company most would of never heard if is the greatest national level sponsor

Then again they play 1 game a year if that - so it can't be easy trying to attract companies to pay up

Heisenberg

Juniors
Bit of a step down from Holden as far a national prestige goes, wouldn't say a finance company most would of never heard if is the greatest national level sponsor

Then again they play 1 game a year if that - so it can't be easy trying to attract companies to pay up

admittedly I had heard of the business but didn’t know anything about them. A quick google tells me they’re valued at $23b. Reckon that’s a certain level of ‘prestige’ over a now shuttered car company

hellteam

First Grade
Parra with Macron could be interesting - they are using collars for at least one rugby team

3500.jpg

efsrscexkaej_ne.jpg