What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith is the greatest rugby league player ever.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It doesn't surprise me that the two most despised teams, Manly and Brisbane, use maroon as their primary colour. Maroon is just a horrible colour for a sports team as it doesn't really blend well with anything else and is bland. I say that as a passionate Queenslander.

Purple is probably just as shit. The team who wears that are hated just as much as Manly and Brisbane.

Have the Broncos and Storm ever had a jersey that was actually nice?

Send Cam to the Donkeys. That way he can have the honour of playing for two hated clubs with equally shit colour schemes.

A strange attack, even for a chap with the username of "get rid of the donkeys"!!

Jokes aside, I actually love a maroon filled Suncorp. It looks awesome IMO and is different to the obvious colour schemes of world sport where team strips are dominated by bright colours which are offensive to my hangovers. Either way, any full stadium is epic and sometimes the most boring of colour schemes provide the best sight. See Penn State below:

beaverstadium.gif

A strange attack, even for a chap with the username of "get rid of the donkeys"!!

Jokes aside, I actually love a maroon filled Suncorp. It looks awesome IMO and is different to the obvious colour schemes of world sport where team strips are dominated by bright colours which are offensive to my hangovers. Either way, any full stadium is epic and sometimes the most boring of colour schemes provide the best sight. See Penn State below:

beaverstadium.gif
I don't think I've ever seen a Suncorp Bank filled with maroon.

blue bags

First Grade
Melbourne Storm owner believes NRL superstar Cameron Smith will retire imminently as he moves his family back to their home state of Queensland
  • Cameron Smith to retire from the NRL and move to Queensland, Storm boss said
  • The 37-year-old is yet to make an official decision on whether he will play in 2021
  • In October, Smith won his third NRL premiership with the Melbourne Storm
By BRETT LACKEY FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 23:37 AEDT, 9 December 2020 | UPDATED: 02:25 AEDT, 10 December 2020

Whether the 37-year-old would hang up his boots before the 2021 season has been the subject of much speculation - with Smith yet to officially announce a decision.

'He's played his last game at Melbourne and I think he'll retire,' Ryan told SEN radio on Wednesday.

Smith (pictured with wife Barbara) is relocating to Queensland and is set to retire, according to Melbourne Storm management

35641790-8945353-image-a-29_1605277383737.jpg

Former Queensland Maroons captain Cameron Smith (right) stands with his family ahead of Game 3 of the 2018 State of Origin series between the NSW Blues and the Queensland Maroons at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane

Smith has been delaying talks with Storm management and has already been inundated with job offers in an advisory capacity, according to Ryan.

'I'm sure the Broncos would like to see him go back... He's going to live in Queensland... AFL clubs will chase him down for leadership roles.'

Smith just won his third NRL premiership with the Melbourne Storm after they beat the Penrith Panthers in October.

'The great man, I think he's realised it's time to hang the boots up, and what a great career,' Ryan said.

The former Queensland and Australian captain previously said he would firm up his decision over the Christmas break.

'I've just been trying to enjoy that, relax with the family, and over the next little bit before Christmas, that will be the time I will have to make my decision whether I'm playing or whether I'm not,' Smith said in November.

Cameron Smith (pictured with wife Barbara) has said he will firm up a retirement decision before 2021

Read more:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ieves-NRL-superstar-Cameron-Smith-retire.html
Melbourne Storm owner believes NRL superstar Cameron Smith will retire

myrrh ken

First Grade
He's a greedy f**ker so titans would be a good guess but his ego is bigger than anything else so he will want to have that one club man legacy

blue bags

First Grade
Smith link a sign of Titans' NRL status

By AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATED PRESS

PUBLISHED: 13:28 AEDT, 15 December 2020 | UPDATED: 13:28 AEDT, 15 December 2020

Gold Coast being the frontrunners to land Cameron Smith should the NRL veteran play on in 2021 highlights just how much has turned around for the Titans since Kevin Proctor joined them.

Proctor was a teammate of Smith's at Melbourne from 2008 until the New Zealand international's departure from the Storm in 2016.

Since then Proctor has endured his share of struggles, on and off the field both personally and at a club that been starved of success, but he enters his 14th NRL pre-season buzzing with excitement at the Titans' prospects.

Proctor said someone with Smith's stature realistically signing on with the Titans in favour of Brisbane wouldn't have even been discussed in previous seasons.

"The difference between this year and other years is people actually want to come here now and players actually want to come to the Gold Coast," Proctor said.

"It's all hearsay at the moment so you don't want to get too excited, but he'd be a great addition, obviously, to any club.

"I'm sure we'll welcome him with open arms, if he does come up here."

While the Titans didn't make finals in their first season under coach Justin Holbrook, they did end the campaign with a five-game winning streak.

With the addition of barnstorming young forwards David Fifita and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, the sense that 2021 could be a year to remember has been recognised with the club commissioning a fly-on-the-wall documentary of their pre-season.

It's a level of expectation Proctor said is exciting, rather than overwhelming.

"He's part of the furniture now, we're just used to having him there," Proctor said of the film maker watching their every move.

"It's good to have that extra hype around training.

"There's a few actors when he's around ... there's a few guys lifting an extra couple of weights or doing an extra couple of sidesteps.

"During my time here, I suppose I haven't recognised as much hype as there is around this season coming up and it's really good.

"It makes us feel good and I suppose it makes us excited for this year as well."

Smith link a sign of Titans' NRL status

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/aap/article-9053923/Smith-link-sign-Titans-NRL-status.html

blue bags

First Grade
Storm's Smith meeting delayed by weather

Bad weather in Queensland has forced Melbourne chairman Matt Tripp to indefinitely postpone a meeting with Cameron Smith about the NRL great's playing future.

Tripp had planned to fly to Queensland over the weekend to discuss plans for next year with the off-contract Storm captain, until his flights were cancelled at the last minute.

It has thrown another spanner in the works for the Storm, who are yet to hear from Smith about his plans for 2021 - be they to play on in Melbourne, continue elsewhere or retire.

"Queensland is under water, so I didn't go up," Tripp told AAP on Tuesday.

"I was all set to go but flights got cancelled and all sorts of things.

"It's messed us up a bit.

"I'll get there eventually but at this time of year with Christmas it's a bit tricky."

Tripp is due to go on holidays with his family, which means the meeting with Smith could be delayed until after Christmas.

It will likely force a further delay on Smith's announcement of his decision, although Tripp said he is in no rush to speak to the 37-year-old and there is 'not necessarily' a deadline for a resolution.

"I'm comfortable and Cam is comfortable so we'll deal with it in due course," he said.

"Neither party is rushing, we're happy in terms of timing.

"We're in a good space and we'll sort it out whenever I can get back up there."

Smith is on the Gold Coast with his family and is expected to call time on his 430-game NRL career, although he has been linked to the Titans.

The majority of Melbourne's squad is due to front for pre-season training on January 4 with the exception of State of Origin representatives.

With Smith out of contract as of November 1, the Storm are planning as though he will not be at the club next season - at least in a playing capacity.

Should Smith announce his retirement the biggest consideration will be his off-field position with Melbourne, but there is no doubt he will be in hot demand from rivals NRL clubs and other football codes.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/aap/article-9053943/Storms-Smith-meeting-delayed-weather.html

soc123_au

Staff member

Bad weather in Queensland has forced Melbourne chairman Matt Tripp to indefinitely postpone a meeting with Cameron Smith about the NRL great's playing future.

Tripp had planned to fly to Queensland over the weekend to discuss plans for next year with the off-contract Storm captain, until his flights were cancelled at the last minute.

It has thrown another spanner in the works for the Storm, who are yet to hear from Smith about his plans for 2021 - be they to play on in Melbourne, continue elsewhere or retire.

"Queensland is under water, so I didn't go up," Tripp told AAP on Tuesday.

"I was all set to go but flights got cancelled and all sorts of things.

"It's messed us up a bit.

"I'll get there eventually but at this time of year with Christmas it's a bit tricky."

Tripp is due to go on holidays with his family, which means the meeting with Smith could be delayed until after Christmas.

It will likely force a further delay on Smith's announcement of his decision, although Tripp said he is in no rush to speak to the 37-year-old and there is 'not necessarily' a deadline for a resolution.

"I'm comfortable and Cam is comfortable so we'll deal with it in due course," he said.

"Neither party is rushing, we're happy in terms of timing.

"We're in a good space and we'll sort it out whenever I can get back up there."

Smith is on the Gold Coast with his family and is expected to call time on his 430-game NRL career, although he has been linked to the Titans.

The majority of Melbourne's squad is due to front for pre-season training on January 4 with the exception of State of Origin representatives.

With Smith out of contract as of November 1, the Storm are planning as though he will not be at the club next season - at least in a playing capacity.

Should Smith announce his retirement the biggest consideration will be his off-field position with Melbourne, but there is no doubt he will be in hot demand from rivals NRL clubs and other football codes.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/aap/article-9053943/Storms-Smith-meeting-delayed-weather.html
Inglis was right. Who knew?