What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
Brandon Smith has been granted a release for the 2022 season and Knights are one of the clubs mentioned in the Telegraph article as likely to make a play for him. Would have played under AOB coming through for Melbourne and our head of recruitment Clint Zammit was the guy that discovered him and signed him for the Cowboys originally.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I’d take him for the right amount. He’s a tough player. But I’m not sure where his best position would be.

Loose Cannon

Bench
He can come this year and start at lock.
Yep.

Take him now. Would add to versatility but would be starting 13 for 80+% of clubs in the comp.
Mann and Watson can fight for the 14, to cover 9 and 13 spells. Watson my preference, if can stay fit.

If we have the money, hopefully.

Knight Tales

Juniors
He’s a quality player. Do you think Cam has announced his playing on? I actually would not be shocked if Harry Grant is halfback at Melbourne next year. If he is they are going to be more lethal than ever. He is special.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Fox Sports story claims release is for 2022. (Missed the details previous posts). I would def still entertain but shame not for next year.

Money will be a bit eased if Pearce gets reduced or moved on.

Last edited:

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I like Brandon Smith a lot but if he wants to play hooker I can’t see him coming here given we’ve got Brailey. I see Smith as a better lock but I’m sure he knows he’ll get better money by signing somewhere as a hooker.

League_God

Juniors
How will we fit JAC and B.Smith in to our cap lol.

Surely west tigers would be very keen.

I think we could do with JAC over B.Smith. Watson and Mann are the budget versions of Smith. We don’t have a JAC in our squad

Last edited:

Knight Tales

Juniors
Personally i'd rather go the penrith route, lets focus on the junior development and get this team firing off the back of that, it's a long process but 100% leads to better success both on and off the field.
The Safitis and Best are proof of this working. It is a good place to be for us. Bringing in Dom Young and Hodgson is another reason to be optimistic we are on track there. Both are kids several clubs want.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
The Safitis and Best are proof of this working. It is a good place to be for us. Bringing in Dom Young and Hodgson is another reason to be optimistic we are on track there. Both are kids several clubs want.
100% if we build the foundation strong you save probably 500-750k in cap space using home grown players, that gives you ammo to get that final stud.

Yosh

Coach

We going to have a team similar to the team of the late 90s and early 2000s again? That'd be just awesome.

Knight Tales

Juniors
We going to have a team similar to the team of the late 90s and early 2000s again? That'd be just awesome.
We need to learn how to grind and play every week like we will win it in the 80th. AOB would know that better than anyone being a Melbourne Storm prodigy as a coach. Frizell makes our pack very aggressive so it is a bit of the old school. I want the discipline and cerebral approach on field to be the best we have yet seen. Know how to react to every scenario we face and be ready for it.

We need to learn how to grind and play every week like we will win it in the 80th. AOB would know that better than...
I reckon we need to look further ahead with the desire to win the comp.
We've had it for way too long where players are happy just to make the team with a win a bonus.