What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would have to be the worst player re-signing in recent memory. It has dragged on far to long.
As someone said last week it has similarities of Frank Pritchard. That dragged on for nearly 12 months and then out of the blue another club came out and signed him.

The club need to get this sorted. Make their final offer and put a deadline on it. It has gone on too long.

franklin2323

Immortal
This would have to be the worst player re-signing in recent memory. It has dragged on far to long.
As someone said last week it has similarities of Frank Pritchard. That dragged on for nearly 12 months and then out of the blue another club came out and signed him.

The club need to get this sorted. Make their final offer and put a deadline on it. It has gone on too long.

Cleary didn't re-sign until Dec last time. That was in a normal year I imagine signing 6 or 7 key guys drags it out

MugaB

Coach
Chrichton doesn't concern me much but Tetevano would not be easily replaced. Leniu can't be let go.
Might this all be a ploy to sign Chricton and Leniu, after rolling out the red carpet for Tetevano, im assuming no one's contracts were able to get rubber stamped without someone else on good coin has had to be moved on, i don't think penrith can afford to put a foot wrong in regards to the salary cap.
If we want to keep Stephen, and Leniu etc, we need to make some room somewhere, i wouldn't be surprised if Mansours signed up somewhere else too in the coming days before any actual Penrith contracts get announced

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
@Kilkenny don't let the Karens get you down champion
Karens? I reckon youve lost your shit old son, kilkenny might be a panther thru and thru, but tends to be a sad panda in most of the posts, informative yes, positive hell no...
Glass half empty stuff
The fact that youve suggested that alice is a "karen", which doesn't make sence since aren't they the "anti everything pesimestic squad"
Anyways seems like everyone has a side of the fence they sit on regarding HOW they support this club, most want to point out the current and past flaws, so as we can learn from it, and others are happy to see where the clubs direction lands, if it lands???
Whoops there i go being a sad panda again

Last edited:
Seems like it will be Tetevano or Leniu. 500k is a lot for Tetavano if he is really being offered that.

Moving to the UK would be hugely expensive for Tetevano, then you have high tax rate for someone earning that much and there’s also the Covid drama. 425k would probably keep him here past 2021.

MugaB

Coach
Moving to the UK would be hugely expensive for Tetevano, then you have high tax rate for someone earning that much and there’s also the Covid drama. 425k would probably keep him here past 2021.
Do we want to pay to keep him longer, or risk losing other guys we haven't locked up?, seriously i can see us getting Packer and tigers paying some of his freight, for some reason, its my gut feeling, not sure we have anything to trade, unless Sauce was to go there for this season

Do we want to pay to keep him longer, or risk losing other guys we haven't locked up?, seriously i can see us getting Packer and tigers paying some of his freight, for some reason, its my gut feeling, not sure we have anything to trade, unless Sauce was to go there for this season

It’s a tough one, but my instincts tell me overpaying massively for a centre is a huge mistake. Especially when we already have 500k at the Eels. I’d prefer to give Tetevano an extra 75k than give Crichton anywhere near 700k.

600k would be my limit for Crichton, even that is stretching it. Maybe you give him an incentive clause if he can make NSW fullback.

Sime_11

Juniors
Very left field option, but could we bring Sauce off the bench as a middle to charge up field and quick play the balls?

I’m unsure whether he’d handle defending in the middle.

I wouldn't give Tetevano an extra cent. He has a contract here next year and he should fulfill it. After that he can bugger off to England.

We can make him fulfil it, but it sounds like the club want his salary cap room. Which means we’re looking at a sub 300k replacement.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Very left field option, but could we bring Sauce off the bench as a middle to charge up field and quick play the balls?

I’m unsure whether he’d handle defending in the middle.
Personally I think he'd defend well enough in the middle - He'd have help on either side from better defenders so I think it could be managed well - I don't think it'll happen though.

franklin2323

Immortal
Personally I think he'd defend well enough in the middle - He'd have help on either side from better defenders so I think it could be managed well - I don't think it'll happen though.

We have those games where the benchie doesn't get on. That just incase benchie could be him.

He has a deal for atleast another season elsewhere so I can't see him staying

Status
Not open for further replies.