What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

handyman2190

Bench
F### this s###
We couldnt get our act together and Bennett also heavily gets the blame for this.

Now all we need is for Gagai to want more money or he leaves.

Bennett's love affair for Braidon Burns is sickening
This all stems from not having a proper chief exec, there is a massive hole in our office and recruiting,ellisson can try hard but at the end of the day he is the team mger not a recruiting guru,now we suffer,i find it hard to believe tatola and sua have not recieved offers from other teams and are holding us to ransom, and top coach bennett who thinks that bargain basement players can do the job. All i see is the bottom teams getting stronger,tigers ,canterbury,titans, will be very hard next year

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
This all stems from not having a proper chief exec, there is a massive hole in our office and recruiting,ellisson can try hard but at the end of the day he is the team mger not a recruiting guru,now we suffer,i find it hard to believe tatola and sua have not recieved offers from other teams and are holding us to ransom, and top coach bennett who thinks that bargain basement players can do the job. All i see is the bottom teams getting stronger,tigers ,canterbury,titans, will be very hard next year
Yep, you might be right.

A couple of additional points:
  • I'm a loyal stand up guy, I hate criticising my own, especially Souths. I keep telling myself to keep the faith.
  • This IS on Bennett. He gives no value or worth for wingers:
  • Exhibit 1 - George Jennings, leading NRL try scorer, Bennett couldn't find even minimum $$$ to keep him. Got Ethan Lowe instead, tried playing him @ centre when Burns did his breakdown routine, and when it was obvious this was a failure, panicked and then spent double the Jennings $$$ on getting Jimmy the Jet. How did that work out?
  • Exhibit 2 - Alex Johnston, Matraville local, future legend, likely to break Nathan Merrit's all time Souths try scorer record - unwanted by Bennett, wouldn't be in the Red&Green if it was up to Bennett - until the members revolted and started a petition.
  • Exhibit 3 - the Fox was telling everyone, including journalists he wanted to be at Souths, but Bennett said no, because Burns is gonna save us? WTF?
I think I'm ready for the old man to move on, and Demetriou to take over.

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
Yep, you might be right.

A couple of additional points:
  • I'm a loyal stand up guy, I hate criticising my own, especially Souths. I keep telling myself to keep the faith.
  • This IS on Bennett. He gives no value or worth for wingers:
  • Exhibit 1 - George Jennings, leading NRL try scorer, Bennett couldn't find even minimum $$$ to keep him. Got Ethan Lowe instead, tried playing him @ centre when Burns did his breakdown routine, and when it was obvious this was a failure, panicked and then spent double the Jennings $$$ on getting Jimmy the Jet. How did that work out?
  • Exhibit 2 - Alex Johnston, Matraville local, future legend, likely to break Nathan Merrit's all time Souths try scorer record - unwanted by Bennett, wouldn't be in the Red&Green if it was up to Bennett - until the members revolted and started a petition.
  • Exhibit 3 - the Fox was telling everyone, including journalists he wanted to be at Souths, but Bennett said no, because Burns is gonna save us? WTF?
I think I'm ready for the old man to move on, and Demetriou to take over.
Well we need a winger, i hope we get mansour at half price, he is a souths junior,come back sauce.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well thats it for JAC and us, he has signed with the dogs.
What i want to know is how come we can barely sign AJ ?
Were are the resignings?
Weve let quite a few players go, yet signed 3 baseline wage players ok Arrow took most of sams money but latrell was on 600k and is said to be resigning for 800k how much more is junior and sua getting?
This no news is frustrating bad.
I’m frustrated too. Yep we have lost quite a few and not got that much coming in.

I guess it went on upgrades.

callmack1

Staff member
Pretty disappointed to miss out on the Fox, especially when it seemed certain he'd be here.

Sounded like he wanted to be here but we said no which to me is just crazy! You don't say no to a player like Josh Addo-Carr, especially when they want to be at your club. Unless there's other stuff going on it's a big stuff up by the clubv and a big let down.

A real shame but oh well, we move on...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Pretty disappointed to miss out on the Fox, especially when it seemed certain he'd be here.

Sounded like he wanted to be here but we said no which to me is just crazy! You don't say no to a player like Josh Addo-Carr, especially when they want to be at your club. Unless there's other stuff going on it's a big stuff up by the clubv and a big let down.

A real shame but oh well, we move on...
I think it comes down to the fact Wayne didn’t want him.

Travitoh

First Grade
I'm not too bothered that Souths didn't sign JAC. Good player but i would prefer to see Gagai retained and played on the wing.

A back 3 of Latrell, AJ and JAC looks great in a fantasy team but lacks necessary grit in their own end.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I won’t lie I am disappointed we couldn’t get Addo. I think it comes down to the fact Wayne didn’t want him.

The Dogs at around 2.2mil over 4 years have a great deal with Fox and I think the incentives of a bigger pay packet if he performs at fullback is what sold him.

I guess we now need to turn our attention to holding onto Gagai at a little bit of a reduced contract.

I’d keep Gagai but not on 650k.

Now if Gagai leaves for elsewhere for more money 22 onwards we may be in a bit of a pickle.

I find it hard to believe our cap is all full as well. Surely we have some money spare.......

Travitoh

First Grade
I won’t lie I am disappointed we couldn’t get Addo. I think it comes down to the fact Wayne didn’t want him.

The Dogs at around 2.2mil over 4 years have a great deal with Fox and I think the incentives of a bigger pay packet if he performs at fullback is what sold him.

I guess we now need to turn our attention to holding onto Gagai at a little bit of a reduced contract.

I’d keep Gagai but not on 650k.

Now if Gagai leaves for elsewhere for more money 22 onwards we may be in a bit of a pickle.

I find it hard to believe our cap is all full as well. Surely we have some money spare.......

Given his improvement in his time at the club, i find it hard to believe Gagai would accept less to stay. Especially when this will probably be his last big contract. Souths are going to have to get creative with TPP to limit the cap hit.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Given his improvement in his time at the club, i find it hard to believe Gagai would accept less to stay. Especially when this will probably be his last big contract. Souths are going to have to get creative with TPP to limit the cap hit.
Which underlines the stupidity of the decision making process.

Gagai is on 650-700K and you are suggesting he will want more, when he is 4 years older than JAC who publically said he'd take less to go to Souths and ended up at the Dogs for around 500 a season?

Why would we do that?

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I think you’ll find the plan could be to have AJ and Gagai on the wings, Campbell at centre and then the other centre spot goes to Burns, Allan, Moga or Marsters.

f**k me we had better not let Allan go next.
Burns and Moga wont play a dozen games between the two of them before "injured out for the season" appears next ro their names. Marsters is not a winger, so its Allen or Paulo - take your pick.

This is assuming our starting back 5 each play every game without being sidelined by injury. How likely do you think this will be? Hint: look at the last 2 seasons as a guide

Travitoh

First Grade

Gagai is on 650-700K and you are suggesting he will want more, when he is 4 years older than JAC who publically said he'd take less to go to Souths and ended up at the Dogs for around 500 a season?

Why would we do that?

Because not only is Gagai better than JAC, he's also a better fit for the team.

Burns and Moga wont play a dozen games between the two of them before "injured out for the season" appears next ro their names. Marsters is not a winger, so its Allen or Paulo - take your pick.

This is assuming our starting back 5 each play every game without being sidelined by injury. How likely do you think this will be? Hint: look at the last 2 seasons as a guide

Looking at the last 2 seasons as a guide, 15 other NRL clubs get injuries too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Mate first 2 years Gags was ok but a bit underwhelming with us. This season is what we need all the time from him.

handyman2190

Bench

Why would we do that?
Im with u brother!! I just dont get it,why wasnt junior,latrell and sua locked up earlier? Why is it still dragging on giving others the chance to poach and offer more, then we have to match them. Rusty!! Pappas!! What tF is going on? Sirro was on the way to being a decent first grader, why let him go? Youve signed him, why release him?
Im totally against the way our recruitment and retention system works, unless these players are resigned and we get at least a forward im not happy.
Take a look at who has gone, have we replaced them? We dont even have any development players listed that can step up.
Im as red and green as you can get,but this situation is wrong.
Our luck that sua wont sign, nothing has been said about him, and im worried sick

Rabbits20

Immortal

I’d pick Allan over Paulo I think Allan is a bit better in defence.

You never know one of Burns or Moga may surprise and stay fit most of the season.

Burns has bulked up maybe it’ll help, he’s playing to try get another contract in the NRL too so will be desperate.

Yep we always get injuries in the backs. If we let Allan go before the season starts I’ll be livid. We will need him no doubt.

I think Marsters and Paulo need more time to develop in CC.