What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Dec 17-21 2020

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Justin Langer completely lost me when he opened with Matthew Wade. This ain't the Big Bash, JL!
Langer lost me when he told Phil Hughes to watch the ball and win the battles, and then he lost me even more when he assassinated the career of Matty Renshaw in the media as a former player that was disgraceful. Now we are in the situation where absolute planks like Matty Wade are opening the batting for Aus. He has reaped what he has sowed.

Bazal

Post Whore
Langer lost me when he told Phil Hughes to watch the ball and win the battles, and then he lost me even more when he assassinated the career of Matty Renshaw in the media as a former player that was disgraceful. Now we are in the situation where absolute planks like Matty Wade are opening the batting for Aus. He has reaped what he has sowed.

What he did to Renshaw should have been enough to have blacklisted when the job came up tbh.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Don't worry about runs, boys. Just make sure what you're saying is innocuous banter, and make sure the middle aged women on facebook approve of your behaviour. It's so much better to win friends than win cricket matches!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Unpopular opinion....fantastic all time great cricketer, supremely overrated captain
He was a pretty average and negative captain up until 89, then he turned into a decent tactition but still fairly defensive. He was a much better ODI skipper.

It was fitting that it took for Taylor to take over before we could finally topple the Windies. He was a great leader who dug us out of the shit but Taylor than Waugh were the superior skippers.

Bazal

Post Whore
What did he do?

He was WA coach at the time and he white anted Renshaw openly and publicly through the media. Eventually Renshaw fell apart under the criticism and pressure that JL had manufactured, after Renshaw looked like he'd broken out. Bancroft got picked instead....aaaaaand the rest is history.

undertaker

Coach
he lost me even more when he assassinated the career of Matty Renshaw in the media as a former player that was disgraceful. Now we are in the situation where absolute planks like Matty Wade are opening the batting for Aus. He has reaped what he has sowed.

Yeah, Renshaw really got a rough deal from both the selectors and media from the moment he made his debut. He got dropped for far less than other players who remained in the starting XI despite repeatedly underperforming.

Hard to believe Renshaw is still only 24, but unless there's a major injury crisis, I highly doubt he'll ever wear the Baggy Green again whilst JL remains head coach.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Don't worry about runs, boys. Just make sure what you're saying is innocuous banter, and make sure the middle aged women on facebook approve of your behaviour. It's so much better to win friends than win cricket matches!
"You don't win friends with Banter!! You don't win friends with Banter"

undertaker

Coach
He was WA coach at the time and he white anted Renshaw openly and publicly through the media. Eventually Renshaw fell apart under the criticism and pressure that JL had manufactured, after Renshaw looked like he'd broken out. Bancroft got picked instead....aaaaaand the rest is history.
Yep, anything to get his WA mates into the squad, just like his constant brown-nosing of the Marsh brothers.

Unfortunately, nepotism is still rife in the higher echelons of cricket in Australia.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah, Renshaw really got a rough deal from both the selectors and media from the moment he made his debut. He got dropped for far less than other players who remained in the starting XI despite repeatedly underperforming.

Hard to believe Renshaw is still only 24, but it would be sad if he never wore the Baggy Green again.
I'd have him opening ahead of that midget Tassiederp midget Wade.

The critics of his batting were way over the top from day 1, and to get replaced by a bloke like Plodcroft with a technique that a 6 year old would lol at.

Latest posts