What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Maddragon99

Juniors
Really next season should be about steadying the ship.
Identifying weak links, attitude problems, and developing those with a future.

Recruits will come if we are at least competitive and show a path to success. We, on paper at least are not in the race.

Thats Ok for me. We can't bandage up a decade of failure in one season.

Magoulias is under contract at Cronulla for next season but has attracted interest for 2021 after failing to cement himself as a replacement for Paul Gallen following his retirement.

Solid sources tell The Daily Telegraph that the Dragons could be a club that has discussed Magoulias, the 23-year-old lock who scored his first NRL try in Cronulla’s round-two match against Melbourne this year.

Now with Daniel Alvaro confirmed & perhaps Magoulias coming things are looking up. Hook always said he’d add 2 signings before Christmas.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Well, if we make the 8 then Hook & co will look really good,
AND Mary & Co will look really bad !!
That is what I am hoping especially the second part, The board should then realise how bad the Dragons were coached and never to let it drag on too long again in future if they have a bad season and the fans are crying for change which we have for the last 5 or so years.

Maddragon99

Juniors
If we can get Magoulious across as well then I'll be more comfortable kicking off round one.
Hes got real potential, just needs a good coach.
It’s difficult to know what to believe, for instance I don’t remember reading anything about Alvaro before he signed today. Nevertheless if the talk about Magoulious is true then bring it on.

mickeylane

Bench
The squad is shaping up w very few prima donnas and as stated prior a workmanlike forward pack with a sprinkle of X factors in
Bird,
Hunt,
Dufty,
Ramsay
Lomax

I still believe that Ramsay should be tested at FB - he could prove to be a massive difference in attack and under the high ball more so than Dufty which is a big call..
also would like to see Bird start at centre...would make me feel a lot safer having him out there causing havoc w his one hand off loads...

Maddragon99

Juniors
The squad is shaping up w very few prima donnas and as stated prior a workmanlike forward pack with a sprinkle of X factors in
Bird,
Hunt,
Dufty,
Ramsay
Lomax

I still believe that Ramsay should be tested at FB - he could prove to be a massive difference in attack and under the high ball more so than Dufty which is a big call..
also would like to see Bird start at centre...would make me feel a lot safer having him out there causing havoc w his one hand off loads...
I’ve got 2 big predictions for next year, I’ve already posted that I think McInnes won’t be extended & Hunt will play hooker in ‘22 & ‘23

Second at some point Ramsey will get a run at FB & will make the jersey his own & Dufty won’t be extended either.

This will free up maybe another $600K

qld redvee

Juniors
For George.....

just read that we have a young local hooker in connor muhleisen on a train and trial contract Can you give more info on this kid thanks george

also interesting young lachlan timm on train and trial for warriors ( but no spots left )

Gareth67

First Grade
At least the Dragons are still actively seeking further talent , unbeknownst to the supporters. Leniu is certainly a talented player with so much potential , but his heart was with the club where he played his junior footy , that type of player is getting as scarce as hens teeth nowadays .

BLM01

First Grade
For George.....

just read that we have a young local hooker in connor muhleisen on a train and trial contract Can you give more info on this kid thanks george

also interesting young lachlan timm on train and trial for warriors ( but no spots left )
Yes Timm been training at Kiama with Euie & Co

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Correct.

He is allowed assuming his bail conditions allow it.

But if true, honestly .... his ‘in principle’ contract should be torn up.
What for? He’s had a prick of a year as we all have surely a few Christmas beers is no crime. This is getting to the depths of one of those trashy magazines. His personal life has no place in here imo.

Maddragon99

Juniors
What for? He’s had a prick of a year as we all have surely a few Christmas beers is no crime. This is getting to the depths of one of those trashy magazines. His personal life has no place in here imo.
I think it’s more about managing risk & making himself a small target until after the trial. The prosecution will jump on anything to attack his character.