What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Merv Cartwright Medal

Whino

Bench
Panthers playmaker Nathan Cleary has capped off a stellar 2020 NRL season by winning the prestigious Merv Cartwright Medal.

In an unforgettable year for the Panthers, Cleary was named the club's best and fairest after leading the team on a record-breaking 17-game winning streak.

The 23-year-old halfback was also voted the club's Members Player of the Year to go with his first Merv Cartwright Medal.

"I'm very grateful to win these awards and I can't thank my parents, my teammates and the members enough for their support this year," Cleary said.

"I've never played in a team where everyone was so in-form and all my teammates deserve recognition for what we achieved together."

Cleary's club honours follow on the back of being named Dally M Halfback of the Year and anointed the RLPA Players' Champion for 2020.

With biosecurity measures in place, Panthers announced the club's major award winners via a video presentation on Sunday night.

James Fisher-Harris won his second consecutive John Farragher Award for Courage and Determination, while Stephen Crichton claimed the Ben Alexander Rookie of the Year Award.

Panthers football manager Jason Wrigley was named Club Person of the Year, in recognition of his efforts to help the club navigate a season of challenging biosecurity restrictions.

AWARD WINNERS
Merv Cartwright Medal - Nathan Cleary

John Farragher Award for Courage and Determination - James Fisher-Harris
Members Player of the Year - Nathan Cleary
Ben Alexander Rookie of the Year - Stephen Crichton
Club Person of the Year - Jason Wrigley

The_Frog

First Grade
JFH must have been close, and Yeo as well. But they were both previous winners and Nathan did have a tremendous season.

Latest posts