What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McInnes and Madge having breakfast together

ozbuck

Juniors
Just saw Cam, Michael McGuire and a couple of other older overweight gents having breakfast in Maroubra together.

Read into it what you will...

possm

Coach
Why do players have managers? I say that players should let their managers do all with regards to potential contract negotiations; isn't that part of the manager's job.

ALSGI

Bench
Just saw Cam, Michael McGuire and a couple of other older overweight gents having breakfast in Maroubra together.

Testing the market, exploring his options, dipping his toe in the water..............

SBD82

Coach

Not gonna get too wound up but it’d make a lot of sense for Madge to be trying to lure McInnes to the club. They have history and Tigers are in need of a quality 9.

Madge wouldn’t be doing his job if he wasn’t making inquiries.

Lethal25

Juniors
He is a Dragons player at the moment and should show more respect for the jumper and the club.
If he leaves well so be it but please show some class in your dealings.
It goes both ways, clubs move players on all the time as well.

Really not sure what you expect from the guy, he's allowed to talk with people he knows. Relationship existed before he was a Saints player and probably will long after he leaves the club.

I couldn't ask for more from the guy with regards to showing respect for the club and jumper, he put himself through shit week after week last season and before that as well. Pull your head in

matPORTS

Juniors
If Harry Grant is going back to Melbourne - the Tigers will have a major hole to plug in their spine (they have some more pain to come in 2021 as a result). Queue Cam McInnes (and/or possibly Brandon Smith) for 2022.

As discussed in other threads - our hands are unfortunately tied to Ben Hunt until end of 2023 - and why shouldn't they be? Regardless of who was pulling the strings (Mary & his jet ski, Millward and Co) the club ratified his signing and why shouldn't he take every cent of what he is entitled to? Even if we release him early and fit half the bill for his salary to go play at another club, there is no way he will get the same coin (even though I believe figures being thrown around for his current salary are being 'over-guesstimated').

If Sullivan shines through then Hunts remaining two years beyond 2021 will be at number 9 (with Corey Norman & Cam McInnes naturally moving on that enables an upgrade for Sullivan with some money left to spend elsewhere). Not sure if Clune is our best option to partner Sullivan in the halves, and what other options will consequently be available? 2021 will be the determining factor in this.

If not, then does Hunt partner Sullivan in halves - then how far does the Norman money stretch (along with contract expiry and release of others) to upgrade McInnes, Sullivan + also the likes of Ramsay (just as one example) + also upgrading/bolstering our forward stocks + also ensuring our depth in the halves and back five?

possm

Coach
If Harry Grant is going back to Melbourne - the Tigers will have a major hole to plug in their spine (they have some more pain to come in 2021 as a result). Queue Cam McInnes (and/or possibly Brandon Smith) for 2022.

As discussed in other threads - our hands are unfortunately tied to Ben Hunt until end of 2023 - and why shouldn't they be? Regardless of who was pulling the strings (Mary & his jet ski, Millward and Co) the club ratified his signing and why shouldn't he take every cent of what he is entitled to? Even if we release him early and fit half the bill for his salary to go play at another club, there is no way he will get the same coin (even though I believe figures being thrown around for his current salary are being 'over-guesstimated').

If Sullivan shines through then Hunts remaining two years beyond 2021 will be at number 9 (with Corey Norman & Cam McInnes naturally moving on that enables an upgrade for Sullivan with some money left to spend elsewhere). Not sure if Clune is our best option to partner Sullivan in the halves, and what other options will consequently be available? 2021 will be the determining factor in this.

If not, then does Hunt partner Sullivan in halves - then how far does the Norman money stretch (along with contract expiry and release of others) to upgrade McInnes, Sullivan + also the likes of Ramsay (just as one example) + also upgrading/bolstering our forward stocks + also ensuring our depth in the halves and back five?
McInnes will stay if Saints match his market price which is a pay rise of about 200k. Coincidently, Packer's contract of about 750k is up at the end of 2021 so the Tigers will have room to fit McInnes in under their cap.

If McInnes stays at Saints and we promote Sullivan, some of the Norman salary cap will have to be used for McInnes and Sullivan. However, Saints would want to wait till a few rounds in next season to see how Hunt goes at 7. If he kills it, I'm sure they will sign McInnes and leave Hunt at 7.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
McInnes will stay if Saints match his market price which is a pay rise of about 200k. Coincidently, Packer's contract of about 850k is up at the end of 2021 so the Tigers will have room to fit McInnes in under their cap.

If McInnes stays at Saints and we promote Sullivan, some of the Norman salary cap will have to be used for McInnes and Sullivan. However, Saints would want to wait till a few rounds in next season to see how Hunt goes at 7. If he kills it, I'm sure they will sign McInnes and leave Hunt at 7.

Dear possm...where are you getting these amounts from ?

BLM01

First Grade
Not gonna get too wound up but it’d make a lot of sense for Madge to be trying to lure McInnes to the club. They have history and Tigers are in need of a quality 9.

Madge wouldn’t be doing his job if he wasn’t making inquiries.
100% agree. If I was one of about 12 NRL coaches and McInnes was off contract at the end of 2021.
I'd be ringing his manager ASAP to set up a meeting.
Yes I think McInnes is in the Top 3-4 hookers in the game as Smith retires.
Cook, Grant, Hodgson & Cam.... not necessarily in that order..closely followed by Api then Mahoney
Friend is ageing and has lees spark

Last edited: