What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
I was a Ernie man myself.

images

images

images

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Fullback. Runs so smoothly and balanced. Like Lockyer or Brett Mullins.

Up until this year he was a centre or winger. Although in the very few games I saw of him at fullback, probably 5 all up which were the 20s trial vs souths, reserve trial vs souths, round 1 20s, and 3 schoolboys games (he played left centre in round 1) he looked good at fullback.

I particularly liked the way for early tackles he would hang around forwards for an offload then later on in the set would move out wide for the shift. A lot of modern fullbacks seem to want to get into shift position early.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah, Jake is going to be a real good footballer and we may find ourselves in a Cleary style scenario in the future when we're looking at future coaches.

that could pose a problem
I’ve heard from around the area that it actually may not be a problem, although it may create other problems. The person who told me may even be a poster here.

strider

Post Whore
Up until this year he was a centre or winger. Although in the very few games I saw of him at fullback, probably 5 all up which were the 20s trial vs souths, reserve trial vs souths, round 1 20s, and 3 schoolboys games (he played left centre in round 1) he looked good at fullback.

I particularly liked the way for early tackles he would hang around forwards for an offload then later on in the set would move out wide for the shift. A lot of modern fullbacks seem to want to get into shift position early.
Good to know he is not too shifty

Avenger

Immortal
Bryce Cartwright is training well and will push his way into the 17.

Dylan Brown reckons he will take Gutherson’s mantle as the fittest in the club. Jake Arthur is also on the podium.

IFR33K

Coach

Dylan Brown reckons he will take Gutherson’s mantle as the fittest in the club. Jake Arthur is also on the podium.

Didnt Brown already try and take the kings mantle as the fittest and ended up in hospital?

hindy111

Post Whore

Issue is....
Bryce trained house down at Titans and Panthers also. He is noted as being one of the best trainers and fittest players.

Soto

Bench
If MJ is gone and Alvaro departed to the Dragons, does anyone think this is to free up more $$$ for a quality outside back?
Would be keen on Corey Allan or even Widdop.
I think between Opacic and Oldfield we could probably cover 1 centre position for the season.
Opacic definitely runs good lines and can hit a hole.
Oldfield is under rated and super quick. Injuries not ability have been his downfall.
Obviously if better players do become available then I'm all for it.
There is some terrific competition on the bench in the fwds nxt yr.
Nuikore, Kaufusi, Papalii, Hipgrave, Cartwright, Stone. Roache is similar to Oldfield in that he has a stack of ability.
Roache in the limited games ive watched him play reminded me somewhat of Kevin Kingston. Slick service and good quick darts from dummy half.
Throw in the likes of Dunster, Hollis and Hughes for some 1st grade experience and we have a pretty good overall squad. Definitely better than this year.
Hopefully we dont run into the Storm in week 1 or 2 of the semis. (Need to get there first)