What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Fordy20

Juniors
Does Matt Ballin’s or Blair’s signing come close? Shit, weren’t paying Blair to play for the Broncos?

Matt Ballin was worse. Played a grand total of three games for us over two years. I don't blame him for being injured, but the machinations that went on during that period destroyed our hooker depth to the point where we needed to organise a loan of Harry Grant just to get us to limp through last season.

That's not to say Reynolds wasn't a bad signing. Just like Mbye, the length and size of the contract were a mistake, particularly for signing a player unwanted by his club at the time. That being said, I thought he was the right fit back then, someone who would complement and support Brooks, someone who wouldn't take over the side but also not fade out of games. Can't blame him for being injured, but it's not like we didn't have the depth to cover him being off the pitch.

As for Mbye, he signed for more money than Reynolds for a longer period of time as well, but apparently we're supposed to give him a pass simply because he made it onto the pitch more often. This is despite the fact we had to hide him centre just to get him out there, a position where we have a logjam of players, meaning less time for blokes with more upside like Talau and Momo.

Ultimately, just like Packer and Matulino, they all turned out to be shit signings which the club is still struggling to recover from. Hopefully we can agree on that, even though we may disagree about which was the smelliest out of a bunch of steaming turds.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Matt Ballin was worse. Played a grand total of three games for us over two years. I don't blame him for being injured, but the machinations that went on during that period destroyed our hooker depth to the point where we needed to organise a loan of Harry Grant just to get us to limp through last season.

That's not to say Reynolds wasn't a bad signing. Just like Mbye, the length and size of the contract were a mistake, particularly for signing a player unwanted by his club at the time. That being said, I thought he was the right fit back then, someone who would complement and support Brooks, someone who wouldn't take over the side but also not fade out of games. Can't blame him for being injured, but it's not like we didn't have the depth to cover him being off the pitch.

As for Mbye, he signed for more money than Reynolds for a longer period of time as well, but apparently we're supposed to give him a pass simply because he made it onto the pitch more often. This is despite the fact we had to hide him centre just to get him out there, a position where we have a logjam of players, meaning less time for blokes with more upside like Talau and Momo.

Ultimately, just like Packer and Matulino, they all turned out to be shit signings which the club is still struggling to recover from. Hopefully we can agree on that, even though we may disagree about which was the smelliest out of a bunch of steaming turds.
I dread to think that the oxygen thief Mbye has 2 more yrs on massive overs.I find it astonishing that some fans rate this pathetic peaheart above grub.We r in a diabolical predicament with the peaheart in that our most expensive player doesn’t make our best 17 in ‘21.Undoubtedly Madge is desperate to discard the liability.

WA Tiger

Bench
The issue with Mansour is not next year, it’s the following two years and specifically the third year!
That’s why we sign him for 2 years when he compromises..
Mansaur is a winner in this game at the same level as Billy Slater re who he’s played for How he’s played and carried himself the injuries and the comeback ..look what he’s come back from..He doesn’t know how to back down...WT haven't had many players of the class of Mansour ...Thats why he’s being chased..Penrith are transitioning to younger players fine lets grab him. Forget development thats an excuse I’m tired of ..It’s this year or bust. Then we will have our choice of the best players ...just a couple more pieces to the puzzle and we could be unrecognisable ..

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I can see zero justification in saying Mansour would lose motivation and get lazy...And u can’t say that just coz Joey L can be a lazy prick Mansaurs the same ..to me they are chalk and cheese ..class and arse ..Mansour would be the last person to give up and could only be a good influence on Joey L .Ala the Morris twins he’s not quite old yet and really 2 years is all we need from him to to get to the next level..besides he’s got a hot Missus and baby to look after. I wish the whole team had his determination to get over the line.

Mansour has all the red flags of a player who could become unmotivated and lazy:
  • 30+ Years old
  • Dropped from a Top 4 Team he didn't want to leave
  • Has no other options than the deal offered to him by a team he doesn't particularly want to go to
  • Wants a deal that allows him to see out his career

Post on drags forum says cam Mcinnes met with Madge today. I'd hate to lose him but thought you'd get a kick out of the idea.
Can we have luc back pls.

Thank you my son.

Those of us who follow the dragons a bit, we know that McInnes is one of the absolute best players in the NRL.

Lucy is the next big thing in the nrl. Strength to strength player.

The Rosco

Bench
Hey rhyno, you muppet . . . . on the NRL site, there is a documentary about the Parra dynasty. You know, their GF wins, etc.
It seems to be in full colour, they must have hand coloured it like the WW2 documentaries on the History Channel.
Merry Christmas merkin.

Hey rhyno, you muppet . . . . on the NRL site, there is a documentary about the Parra dynasty. You know, their GF wins, etc.
It seems to be in full colour, they must have hand coloured it like the WW2 documentaries on the History Channel.
Merry Christmas merkin.

I reckon all that 1980s parramatta premiership stuff is all faked like the moon landings.

If you look at the refs flags after Cronin kicks a goal, the video editors forgot to put the shadows in.

It’s a nrl plot to justify expenditure on BankWest.

WA Tiger

Bench
Mansour has all the red flags of a player who could become unmotivated and lazy:
  • 30+ Years old
  • Dropped from a Top 4 Team he didn't want to leave
  • Has no other options than the deal offered to him by a team he doesn't particularly want to go to
  • Wants a deal that allows him to see out his career
You don’t just become unmotivated and lazy.
You iether have a tendency to become or not become lazy and unmotivated. I see nothing in his past to indicate this tendency in fact quite the opposite. Joey L has it in spades

30 isn’t old 30 is when u get dropped because of a youth policy..lucky us

His reaction to getting dropped knowing who he is makes me positive about his prospects with us and his demand for 3 years confirms that although I think he will compromise to 2

no team wants to take the risk considering what they have to pay..Hartigan knows what he’s doing

You’ve included nothing about Mansour the man / the player that would make you conclude that he will be lazy and unmotivated..Youve just interpreted those bullet points which could apply to any player good or bad - in your favour..I’ll interpret them as easily in mine and add who he is and what he’s done on the field and I suppose not done off it..squeaky clean and his CV in the game, and how he’s come back from adversity.. It’s impressive .I’d put my money on him...He’d be at the top of my 30 year old recruitment list ..It’s been done before with no regrets..
I can only see a risk in not grabbing him

Last edited:

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
Wow! How good would that be, and you can have BJ, but not Luciano! Oh, someone in recruitment mustn’t have much faith in Liddle or Simkins?
I believe they don’t have faith in Liddle. It’s to early for simpkins and I believe he will be a star in 2022. Simpkins will get a taste of first grade in 2021. McInnes is the man to ease simpkins into first grade with similar style of players.

You don’t become unmotivated and lazy
You are or you are not

30 isn’t old 30 is when u get dropped because of a youth policy..lucky us

His reaction to getting dropped knowing who he is makes me positive about his prospects with us and his demand for 3 years confirms that although I think he will compromise to 2

no team wants to take the risk considering what they have to pay..Hartigan knows what he’s doing

You’ve included nothing about Mansour the man / the player that would make you conclude that he will be lazy and unmotivated..Youve just interpreted those bullet points which could apply to any player good or bad - in your favour..I’ll interpret them as easily in mine and add who he is and what he’s done on the field and I suppose not done off it..squeaky clean and his CV in the game, and how he’s come back from adversity.. It’s impressive .I’d put my money on him...He’d be at the top of my 30 year old recruitment list ..It’s been done before with no regrets..
I can only see a risk in not grabbing him
Is there any real intel in regards to Mansour actually signing with us or is it just some rumour we have all jumped on?

Latest posts